HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Asking for prayers and support yet again (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58735)

rinaina 07-31-2013 03:02 PM

Asking for prayers and support yet again

Hello my her2 sisters. I am once again 7 years later asking for support and prayers. 2 years ago at my regular yearly breast surgeon appointment my diagnostic mammo was clear but my surgeon, Dr Yao who took over for Dr Sener, (long story but he is in California now and I highly recommend this amazing dr.), she found a lumpish area in my other, left breast. My cancer was in my right breast 7 yrs ago. She immediately did an ultra sound and all was clear and okay but she asked me to come back in 6 months for a recheck. When I returned she said all was fine and it appears that it was just fibro-cystic tissue and we would watch it clearly. There was not any evidence of a nodule or tumor. This years annual check up in April, again my mammo was fine but Dr Yao again felt a thickening in the same area and did another ultra sound and all was okay but she wanted me to return in 3 mo which was yesterday. Dr Yao said she would feel better, given my history with Her2, doing a core biopsy. Of course I consented and she did it right then and there. I am anxiously but optimistically awaiting the results which I should get by Friday, Monday the latest. I am hoping and praying the results are negative, however, I need advice along with your support and prayers. If the results are negative, as wonderful as this would be, the big question is then what? This area has come under question now twice, once 2 yrs ago and now. Is there something else I should be doing besides this core biopsy that was done even if the results come back in my favor? Thank you again for your support, help, love and prayers

'lizbeth 07-31-2013 03:17 PM

Re: Asking for prayers and support yet again

Rinaina,

So sorry that you have to go through the anxiety of waiting for biopsy results.

I would be happy to pray for you.

KDR 07-31-2013 03:33 PM

Rina,
Hi!
The biopsy is behind you, and that's great...now the wait for a few days is causing anxiety...this is an awful and unfair dis-ease that I wish did not exist. I've tried living by that saying that if bad thoughts aren't paying rent in your head, evict them! Till then, surround yourself with good people that make YOU feel good. I'm sure the results will be negatory...
Karen

ammebarb 07-31-2013 04:00 PM

Will certainly keep you in my prayers. Waiting is just plain miserable.

Barb A.

rinaina 07-31-2013 06:42 PM

Thank you for your support and prayers. It means so much to me to have this website to turn to in good times and bad. Never expected when I posted my news to get the tragic news of Christine's passing. She inspired me to be a better person and a more positive one at that. Her fight was nothing less then heroic and all she and Joe did for everyone is beyond admirable. The number of years, time and effort will never be forgotten by any of us. I am in awe of them. I take comfort in knowing they are together as a team again watching over all of us. Rest in Peace our special angels and thank you for everything.

Mary Jo 07-31-2013 08:01 PM

Hi Rina.....I'm sorry you are having to go through this VERY STRESSFUL time. Praying peace and GREAT news on Friday.

Mary Jo

Paty 07-31-2013 11:13 PM

Dear Rina,

I had a similar problem some time ago. Right after I went to my radiation treatment, my radiationoncologist found a lump in the same breast that was treated for BC. After some test, it came out it was only scar tissue that had 'clustered' in the area. I had surgery last year for this tissue that remained in there for almost 6 years. There was nothing wrong, just a tissue that did not need to be there. Hopefully, yours is just that. I will be praying. Hugs to you.

Ellie F 08-01-2013 03:16 AM

Hi Rina
Saying prayers and asking that all will be well for you.

Love Ellie

Jackie07 08-01-2013 03:17 AM

Rina,

It's hard not to be worried.

When was your last lab work done?

I was always underweight and with some skin problems every time I was diagnosed with 'something'. So even though I feel a pinch here, a weird feeling there every once in a while, I would remind myself that the 'cancer signs' were not there...

JillaryJill 08-01-2013 03:56 AM

Sending you good thoughts and prayers. Scanxiety is the worst.

KDR 08-01-2013 01:26 PM

Rina,
I'm not sure, maybe someone can confirm--I don't think Christine died from HER2 breast cancer, although she was afflicted with it at one time?

Karen

tricia keegan 08-01-2013 03:36 PM

Adding my good wishes Rina and I think other than watching it every six months or so there's really not much more to be done but hoping for B9!!

caya 08-19-2013 11:17 AM

bumping this up - Rina, how did everything turn out?

all the best
caya

KsGal 08-19-2013 01:57 PM

Rina...you certainly have my prayers and support. ((hugs)) When you have time, please let us know how you are doing.