HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Diet and Nutrition (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Tumeric (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60988)

Coux92 05-15-2014 09:07 AM

Tumeric

I have heard so many good thing about this spice. Does anyone have input or yummy ways to use it?

Carol Ann 05-15-2014 06:12 PM

Re: Tumeric

Yes, it's in curry ... curry is a combination of several different spices, including turmeric. Just google curry and you'll find dozens of recipes. I just made chicken curry with sweet potatoes, red onions, peas, and mushrooms with brown rice for dinner on Sunday. Curry is very versatile, find a basic recipe and just add the ingredients you and your family like!

CA

Carol Ann 05-15-2014 06:13 PM

If you like egg salad ... add some curry powder. I make this a lot too!

CA

Coux92 05-16-2014 11:13 AM

Thanks CarolAnn, I should have been more
Specific, I'm not a curry fan... I was looking
For other opportunities to use it in other ways
I have put it in stews and soups and just
Added some to my home made iced tea
With some ginger, lemon and a touch of honey.
I think I will try it in a yogurt/banana smoothy.
My arthritic thumb is feeling a bit better!

Carol Ann 05-16-2014 02:16 PM

Your recipe ideas sound so good! I'll have to get some and try it alone in a non curry way like you do, yum!!

Glad your thumb is feeling better! Have a nice weekend. :)

CA

Lnmum 05-16-2014 05:02 PM

I put turmeric and cinnamon in with my coffee grounds as I brew it. Or I put it in green tea. I take a teaspoon a day. My inflammation has gone down, as a result. I hated the taste at first, but your taste buds become desensitized as you continue to drink it. I actually look forward to drinking it now. Good luck.
Loren

LizzElliot 05-18-2014 02:00 AM

I sprinkle turmeric in my protein smoothies.

LizzElliot 05-18-2014 02:02 AM

Actually, I had started experimenting sprinkling it into nearly any food that I'd ordinarily sprinkle pepper on to, as it has a similar peppery taste. Found it all to work.

MaineRottweilers 05-18-2014 06:25 PM

I take it several times each day in a capsule. It's easier than trying to find ways to incorporate it into foods.

Coux92 05-19-2014 09:46 AM

Thanks for all the feedback...And good ideas. My smoothy this morning was quite good. Plain, fat free greek yogurt, a bit of honey, ground flax seed, banana, peach, fat free milk, ~1 tablespoon tumeric and ice...

Freakzilla 06-01-2014 02:28 PM

Is it OK to take this or Cumcurin with Tamoxifen? I've reading contrasting reports.

Cat 06-01-2014 07:49 PM

Republic of Tea makes a ginger turmeric green tea that sounds questionable in flavor but I like it a lot and comes in handy when I'm a little nauseaus too. Not cheap but I find it worth it for one cup a day.

Coux92 06-10-2014 12:33 PM

My pharmasist said it is not contraindicated but I have read some things of concern too. I will also talk to my oncologist.