HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Brain Mets Shrinking Yay, God!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56520)

lkc Gumby 11-12-2012 05:20 PM

Re: Brain Mets Shrinking Yay, God!!

Great news! so happy for you.

embur102 11-13-2012 03:36 PM

Woot Woot!!
Happy Dancing for you, Denise!
peacelovehugs
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

candlegranny 11-19-2012 06:57 PM

so happy for you denise! Thank the Lord. i just had my surgery to tweek my belly boob and uplift and implant my real side. healing is slow but i got perky for sure!! and they match. i think i went from D to DD was not in the plan but had alot of belly fat to work with. So happy for you. bonita

Rolepaul 11-20-2012 08:21 AM

Denise talking to the tumors in her brain (with her Rocky III voice) "Your not so tough." Keep the eye of the tiger. Nina just celebrated three years since her surgery/Gamma knife/Xeldoa-Tykerb diet.

Jackie07 11-20-2012 10:26 PM

That's wonderful news! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Joanne S 11-20-2012 11:00 PM

Super news! Wishing your continued shrinkage and total tumor wipe out!!!

Laurel 11-21-2012 05:24 PM

Denise! Yippy-skippy! This is a nice holiday present for you and you deserve the good news!

I also would like to add that I appreciate your positive spirit and all that you have added to this forum. You are top shelf, kiddo! One of these days we have to meet up and have a cuppa joe together. We Pennsylvania gals have to make the time to meet face to face. Barb Amme and I met a few months ago and it was such a pleasure. My computer has been on the fritz recently so I am out of touch with everyone. How did you fare in Sandy? It sounds as though poor Becky had an awful ride.

fauxgypsy 11-23-2012 03:26 PM

Happy! Happy! Good news. I am so glad for you.

vonny 11-23-2012 05:37 PM

Denise, so very happy for you!! Just fantastic news! :) :) xx

Jen 11-23-2012 06:54 PM

That is GREAT news Denise and I am very happy for you....However I do have a ? in your status you say "Yay, God" if God is the "reason" your brain mets are shrinking isn't he also the "reason" for my Mother Sheila dying? I was raised Catholic and to have faith in "God" and all that BS I am really struggling here as i was raised to believe "God is kind and merciful but I don't see it because IF (he/or she) was truly kind and merciful why does he allow the innocent like my Mother Sheila or daughter Jasmine to suffer tremendously?

NEDenise 11-24-2012 10:42 AM

Dear Jen,
I hear the pain and betrayal in every word. I have been where you are. I lost my beloved mom/best friend in the world to small cell lung cancer. We only had 18 months from diagnosis to the end of her life...all of it filled with terrible chemo-side effects. Then, I was diagnosed only a few months later.
If you really want my take on all of this...please PM me. If, on the other hand, you're venting, and don't really want anyone's opinion...I totally respect that too. You are certainly entitled to feel all the things you are feeling so passionately. So, either way, I'd never try to convince you that one way of thinking is better than another. Sounds like you've had enough of that to last a lifetime anyway!
Right now, it seems to me, that you are deep in the heart of an "Oreo cookie of horror"...you're the "cream" caught in the middle...having to watch helplessly as your mom suffers on one side, and your precious child on the other. (sorry if that ruins Oreos for you)
My heart goes out to you, Jen.
With love,
Denise

NEDenise 11-24-2012 11:04 AM

Laurel...I would love to meet up with you...and Barb...for a cuppa, or lunch...or whatever! We could get Leah in on it too. Maybe even some of our Jersey girls live close enough! We could meet in New Hope, Peddler's Village...
of course, I love Chocolate World...
King of Prussia has all kinds of things right near the Turnpike exit...
and we talked about Shady Maple before too...
or I'm open to anywhere else that's not too far for us all.
Heck, I bet Amy would even come down from Boston again! And Marie (Bunty) is planning a trip to the states soon!

It would be so great to hug you ladies in person! Maybe I should start a thread about this?

Leslie,
So great to see your face pop up! Happy Thanksgiving! Is "Santa" working hard for the Christmas season yet?
Denise

karen z 11-24-2012 11:24 AM

Ned-head !
Nice Chrisy- I like it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

LeahM 11-24-2012 11:31 AM

A meet up with my HER2 Sisters? Count me in!

Jean 11-24-2012 07:02 PM

Dear Denise,
What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift!!
Continues blessings.
Jean

BonnieR 11-24-2012 08:32 PM

Darn, why didnt this east coast meet up happen when I was back recently? Would love to give you a hug in person. All of you!
This is a great early Christmas gift you have received! I am so happy for you.
Keep the faith.

Becky 11-24-2012 10:22 PM

I might be able to meet up too. I am near enough.

BTW - I did make it thru Sandy okay generally. I got power back after 13 days. Alot of debris and trees lost but our house was fine. It looked like a war zone on my street but nothing like the photos you see down the shore.

NEDenise 11-25-2012 07:11 AM

Oh yeah...I forgot to respond to Laurel's question about Sandy!
We're fine! Lost power for 2 days, but the freezer stayed frozen. Used the fireplace for heat. Lost 3 trees, but they didn't do any damage when they fell, so no big deal (IMHO our yard has about 10 too many trees anyway!)
No water in the basement...and got 3 days off from school because my school district lost power! All in all...we didn't do badly at all.
And...seeing how much others are suffering has really sparked the spirit of giving around here. I'm sorry anyone is suffering, but it's very encouraging to see all the generosity.
The elementary school where I teach "adopted" a hard-hit school in Belmar, New Jersey. In one week's time we collected 32 new and gently used winter coats, $720 in grocery gift cards, more canned goods than we could pack into the two vans sent to deliver them, and a 55 gallon trash can filled to the brim with shampoo, toothpaste, etc...
The most heartwarming part of the collection for me was when one of my students...a child from a very disadvantaged family...who would almost certainly have qualified for a Thanksgiving food basket themselves...sent in two grocery bags full of canned goods for the Hurricane Sandy food drive. It brought a tear to my eye to see how proud she was to be able to help.

Hope all of you did okay too!
Denise

Mtngrl 11-25-2012 12:06 PM

Denise,

I've been off the site for awhile. I'm so happy for your wonderful news! I've been wondering about you and praying for you.

Peace,

Laurel 11-25-2012 07:21 PM

Denise,

I have been out of commission trying to get a new laptop up and running as mine sustained a premature death (no idea how or why....bewildered) so I missed all the discussion regarding a meet up somewhere on the eastern coast/Philly-general area.

I guess we should wait until after the holidays. What does everyone think? Maybe I should start a new thread for us to try to arrange a location somewhere outside of Philly and date for a late lunch. I can hop on the Pike and get to you folks easily enough. Denise, do you want to give some serious consideration to a location for us? Maybe we could occupy a side room at an eatery if we have several of us who can make it. Let's hope the day we choose has good weather!

Holy cow! I am excited about this! It will be terrific to meet outside of cyberland!