HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   To Eternal Life (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56952)

Bryan 12-31-2012 03:10 PM

To Eternal Life

While today marks my first day as a member, I'm familiar with so many people in this community.

My mother, Jeanette (who has posted on occasion), has been a member of this support group for many years. Throughout the years, even when the members of the family would find their hope for a cure slipping, she reminded us of the many women from this forum who have had such wonderful success in their treatments.

With tears in her eyes, she would share the news of others that weren't as successful. Even though she didn't post often, she thought of everyone here as a "second family".

On Friday afternoon, Jeanette went to be with God and her family that has passed.

Until the very end, she had hope for new treatments. She bragged about her "sisters" on this forum and their success. She found hope in the possibility of a clinical trial.

In the end, treatment didn't work. What our family has to remember, though, is that it isn't the end. She taught us so much in her love of life, her ability to find humor in so many situations, and her unending pride in her Scottish heritage.

It leaves an empty space in our hearts, and a feeling of being lost to her husband of nearly 51 years. We find hope, though, in our trust that those angels are leading her to paradise.

"Thank You" will never be enough to express our family's gratitude for the hope, courage, and advice you have given her throughout the years. Please keep us in your prayers during this difficult time. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers, as well.

Blessings,

Bryan Hayes

Joanne S 12-31-2012 04:50 PM

Re: To Eternal Life

Dearest Bryan, Thank you so much for letting us know. Jeanette has been a part of this family since 2005. I am so verry sorry to hear the treatment did not work for our sister Jeanette has earned her wings. Words fall short of expressing my sorrow for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. With heartfelt sympathy. Hugs, Joanne S

KDR 12-31-2012 05:45 PM

Dear Bryan,
So nice of you to let us know about your mother. I am truly sorry about your loss. I can't imagine how you feel, but know she is always with you.

Karen

BonnieR 12-31-2012 06:59 PM

Thank you for taking the time to share that with us. I can only imagine how difficult this journey must be on our loved ones. We are grateful to you for the support
Keep the faith

Bunty 12-31-2012 07:30 PM

Dear Bryan

thank you for posting the message. My thoughts and prayers go to your family at this sad time. This is a special community, and the description in your message of your mother's relationship with the board is so true.

Marie

Pray 01-01-2013 01:40 AM

I also appreciat the fact that you took the time to let us know of your Mom's passing. Please know that at this time you and your family are in my prayers. Gods blessings upon you and your family. Peace, Nancy

Paula O 01-01-2013 06:20 AM

I'm really sorry for your loss, Bryan.

Paula

Jackie07 01-01-2013 08:26 AM

Found one of the postings Jeanette wrote less than 2 months ago:

"Same thing happened to me, Was declared NED and lo and behold cancer came back in the pther breast. This sucks. It has now spread to my liver and bones. I had 1.72 liters of fluid taken out last week, very easy procedure. Life goes on, so you keep your chin up and fight it with all you have, we are all rooting for you. Hoping for good results, Jeanette"

What an amazing woman!

sarah 01-01-2013 10:07 AM

Thank you Bryan for letting us know. You and your family and friends have my deepest sympathy at this sad time. She was a great fighter and she is missed.
hugs and love
Sarah

NanaJoni 01-01-2013 10:28 AM

Bryan - I add my sympathy and gratitude to you and your family. You will never know how many people your mother helped just on this forum with her wisdom and courage.

Becky 01-01-2013 05:09 PM

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. I will miss Jeanette. She was always there with encouraging words yet didn't ask much from us. A true friend on our board and warrior woman.

tricia keegan 01-01-2013 07:56 PM

Bryan I'm so sad to read this, are you the same Bryan I chat to on CBN by any chance???

mamacze 01-01-2013 08:44 PM

Awww darn Bryan, I am at once heartbroken for you and your family; and heart warmed that, in your grief, you would think of letting us know that your mom passed on. Like many others, I was touched by your mom; and this is the post I remember:
"We have six children, 16 Grands and 8 great grands. Love them all to death. I was fortunate to be able to stay at home with my children..."
Yes, she was fortunate to stay home with her children and you were one of the lucky recipients of her love. This stuck with me as a mother of 4 - God Bless Jeanette - God Bless her 6 children and her 16 Grands and her 8 Great Grands - may you carry forward the love that she shared with you all. You have already started.
Another beautiful large hearted angel has earned her wings.
Love and Hugs,
Kim (from CT)

Bill 01-02-2013 05:39 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Bryan. Your mom was tough, with old school common sense and she, along with so many others here, was always there to prop me up when I needed it. She will be missed.

Laurel 01-02-2013 08:20 PM

Thank you, Bryan, for your lovely post honoring your beloved mother and our family here on Her2Support. I wish you Godspeed and His comfort and grace. Your mother will be missed.

Bryan 01-12-2013 06:01 PM

She did, indeed, love her family to death.

Six days before she passed away, great-grandchild #9 was born. Being able to skype with the new baby was the highlight of her entire year.

Five days after she passed away, great-grandchild #10 was born. I could picture, with such clarity, the smile she must have had on her face.

Your response has been overwhelming!

The day before she passed away, knowing how often she talked about her family here, I asked if she wanted me to update you all on how she was doing. She said no. She was online very often, and kept up with everyone's posts... but since she didn't post as often, she didn't think many would really know her.

Your messages confirmed what I knew. Thank you for the kind words, shared memories, and all of the prayers.

I was the only one who still lived near her. We became very close. Even if I couldn't be there, I'd call her multiple times a day. Every time I'd have any concern for her condition, she would immediatly reply, "There's no use in dwelling on it. Just take it one day at a time."

Her advice rings in my ear pretty often, lately.

Blessings,
Bryan

Paty 01-13-2013 05:23 PM

Bryant,

Hugs to you and your family in such terrible and sad time. I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing! I am sure she is watching over all us from up above.

suzan w 01-15-2013 09:57 AM

Thank you for this, Bryan. Your Mom has a special place in all of our hearts.