HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Spreading My Thanks (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63051)

KDR 04-24-2015 10:06 AM

Spreading My Thanks

I am just about to embark on my sixth year of treatment. Over time, there are few people who have sheltered me in my greatest storms...

Phil and Lorraine McCartin, you are two of the most amazing Human Beings/Earth Angels I know and words could never express the gratitude I have for you, but you already know that,

Paul, you, are someone who has been stalwart, answering my every call, conferring with my doctor, ha! you are to be rewarded by the Powers That Be and will be,

and I live in The Land of Yes with AndiBB, who puts it right for me every single time, a sister who I have grown to love and whose voice pulls me back on track when I stray, which I do...

Still, all of you have left and indelible mark on me...just today, I could not let these people who are closest to my situation go unrecognized...

Off for my Vitamin D infusion and with warm love to all,
Karen

Carol Ann 04-24-2015 12:25 PM

Re: Spreading My Thanks

Karen, I am so glad you are here with us, you inspire me always! Six years is definitely something to celebrate, congratulations!

Carol Ann

Laurel 04-24-2015 06:05 PM

Sweet. Hailing others for their love and support is lovely. I am touched. Just remember, Karen, good people attract good people.

KDR 04-24-2015 08:45 PM

Laurel...have always loved your wit...and wisdom

Everyone here is someone very special...too many to mention

Just today was a high-point day,

Love
Karen

Saygoon 04-26-2015 08:15 PM

The love on this site is unbelievable !!!

Redwolf8812 04-27-2015 04:59 AM

No matter what I'm going through, you always have encouraging words. Thank you for that.

:-) Penny

KDR 04-27-2015 10:48 AM

Penny, you are such a hero. You and I started out at the same time, huh? I really think you should look into an immunotherapy treatment at this point. You've made it this far for a reason! Red wolf. A fighter, a beautiful fighter. Keep going!

Love Karen

Redwolf8812 04-27-2015 01:09 PM

I don't know much about immunotherapy. Don't you have to be NED?

:-) Penny

KDR 04-27-2015 04:47 PM

Not any more!! Check out a good one at Duke. AVX, I think! Advanced breast cancer patients accepted.

Best of luck!

Karen

suzan w 04-27-2015 06:12 PM

Congrats KDR!!!

Mtngrl 05-09-2015 08:09 PM

KDR,

You are a radiant presence on this site. Thank you for your love and support.

linzer 05-10-2015 07:11 AM

I've learned a lot from your posts and so I'm thankful for you! I always smile when I see your Avatar. I was one of the biggest IDOJ fans as a kid!

Andrea Barnett Budin 05-10-2015 02:24 PM

Karen, May you continue to experience high point days. May they envelope you.

You are such an outstandingly remarkable Spirit. You glow with grace and gratitude and love -- key ingredients to dreams come true.

Blessings to each of our Sisters always. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, ALL Y'ALL.........

Love and Light,
AndiBB

Rolepaul 05-11-2015 04:50 PM

Karen,
You are a wonderful support for those who are in dire need of someone to correspond to. I love hearing about your conversations with doctors when I get a call or message from you. You are a hero in that you never give up and help others without expecting anything in return. May you be there always for others, but mostly for your own family.

Life is full of challenges. They can make you depressed and mad, or they can make you mad and challenged. KDR means Kick Doctor's Rears when they tell you to let the train run you over. Get off the tracks and put up signs to help others not get run over by the train. That is what you do.