HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scans/echo today...PRAYERS welcome (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56825)

NEDenise 12-13-2012 05:47 AM

Scans/echo today...PRAYERS welcome

Good Morning Friends,
Today is a day I've been dreading.
This morning I have an echo, followed immediately by a cardiologist appointment. As I'm sure many of you realize...both of my current magic bullets H and Tykerb both can cause low EF. If my EF is low, I have to come off both meds...and that terrifies me! My little brain needs that Tykerb to fight off new lesions.

Then...if I dodge the low EF bullet...I have a full body CT this afternoon to see if the BC is still "only" in my brain.

By this evening...I'll either be over the moon happy...or virtually inconsolable. I feel really good. I hope that's a good sign...but I also felt really, really good the day the onc called to tell me I had 2 brain tumors...so that doesn't give me any great comfort.

I'm sorry to be a downer...I know that's not usually my style...but I'm scared today. And, I honestly feel like I need my friends to lift me in prayer, send healing energy, share some good Karma...whatever you feel. If I end up off of H and Tykerb...prayer is all I have to protect me.

I do know there are other chemo meds I could take, but I'm pretty sure all of those have SEs that will mean an end to my feeling really good...and being able to teach. That would suck...royally...and make me feel my mortality in a way I don't look forward to. As long as I'm teaching...and in my classroom...that's proof to my little brain that I winning...that I'm NOT dying.

Ah well...it's time to head off for the echo. Sorry for rambling. But...you know how it is...better than anyone else in the world.

I'll let you know how it all goes.
Denise

JennyB 12-13-2012 06:10 AM

Re: Scans/echo today...PRAYERS welcome

Good luck Denise I will dream of only good news today for you and hopefully you will have it when I wake!! Look forward to a good post later - fingers crossed xxx

whatz 12-13-2012 06:16 AM

Praying for good news (since that's (praying) is my thing ;-) ). Lifting you up! Know how you feel. Echoing Jenny, looking forward to a good post later!

sarah 12-13-2012 06:51 AM

you'll have good news!
hugs and love
sarah

hestko76 12-13-2012 06:59 AM

I'm praying for good results and strength for you. Let us know when you know.... Think POSTIVE!

ammebarb 12-13-2012 07:20 AM

Denise, you've got those prayers. Hope you know real soon that EF if fine and that scans show absolutely nothing!

BarbA.

Rolepaul 12-13-2012 07:25 AM

No matter what the news, there are paths forward. The path may seem rocky with bad news, but find which rocks are made of gold and diamonds. I am hoping for a smooth road to recovery. The world needs all the great teachers in can get.

caya 12-13-2012 08:22 AM

Sending prayers from Canada to you dear Denise!!

fingers crossed for good news!

all the best
caya

NEDenise 12-13-2012 08:25 AM

Thanks guys
I'm in the echo waiting room right now.
Not worried exactly...my brain takes me off to a numb place when these things get close. That, and God bless the inventor of Ativan! ;)
I'll know in a few hours...and I'll let you know too.
Denise

Kellennea 12-13-2012 09:50 AM

Good Luuck today!! I'll be thinking of you and sending good juju your way :)

Redwolf8812 12-13-2012 11:53 AM

WON AND DONE, MY FRIEND! NO WORRIES!

- Penny

Mtngrl 12-13-2012 12:12 PM

Dear Denise,

I'd be scared too. Maybe that's why I don't ever even consider what I'd do if I had a low EF or if a scan showed progression. Don't borrow trouble, Darlin'! The worries of the day are sufficient, etc.

I can tell you I have a friend who had a huge brain met (they were amazed it didn't blind her, or paralyze her, or both). They zapped that, and then she had a recurrence--a couple of smaller ones. That was over a year ago, and she's been stable ever since on T and H. And I'm stable on T and H.

I believe in prayer. I also believe in the body's own ability to fight cancer. The targeted treatments help our immune system do its job, but we are not helpless if we have to take a break from the meds. I had a liver met that shrank between the time it was found on a CT scan and the time I had it biopsied. The doctor said it was so small he wasn't sure he had hit it. That was obviously just my own body fighting the cancer, with no other help (besides prayer, guided imagery, meditation, and maybe green tea. Who knows?)

You can do it. You can keep being you, and living with, not dying from, this disease.

And, of course, no matter what, ultimately you are perfectly safe. There's nothing that can separate you from God's love.

karen z 12-13-2012 12:31 PM

Thinking of you today and waiting to hear from you.

LeahM 12-13-2012 01:01 PM

Only good things are allowed on my birthday, which means today will be a good day for you. Prayers ascending NED Denise.
oxo

NanaJoni 12-13-2012 01:39 PM

Denise - I add my prayers and good thoughts for you through this tough day. You are such a blessing to all of us - hope you can feel that through cyberspace.

Becky 12-13-2012 01:40 PM

I am thinking about you too. Of course you are scared to death. I would be scared to death too. The main point here is that you are talking about it, writing about it. That's excellent and helps in its own right and you are writing about it to us.

Don't discount that feeling great is great and it is the greatest sign of all. I can hardly wait to hear the "all's clear" later.

Rolepaul 12-13-2012 02:35 PM

So are you good to go? Let me know if I can help with advice.

Paty 12-13-2012 02:57 PM

Praying for good results Denise!

chrisy 12-13-2012 03:26 PM

don't forget to breathe, my friend!

kshirley060 12-13-2012 03:27 PM

Praying for you Denise! Waiting the hear the good news.