HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scanxiety, breast MRI today..just need prayers... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57444)

greenacres 02-26-2013 07:35 AM

Scanxiety, breast MRI today..just need prayers...

Good morning everyone! I am a 2 yr. survivor as of December. Today I have my two year checkup with a bilateral breast MRI and am just asking for prayers that all is well. Thursday I follow-up with oncologist for results, bloodwork and exam. I have been having anxiety over this for a few days now. For some reason, I just feel like the ball is going to drop. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I always do in the days leading up to my exams, every six months! I hate this feeling :( I just don't want to ever, ever go through treatment again. Ok, need some "lift me up" vibes from my peeps :)

I'll post back w/results on Thursday sometime. Hugs to all!
Sandra

sarah 02-26-2013 08:16 AM

Re: Scanxiety, breast MRI today..just need prayers...

Hello Sandra,
Do some calming deep breathes. Most of us get anxious before tests but you're a stage 1 and have had surgery, chemo, herceptin and radiation so you should continue to get those nice clean reports. Maybe have a piece of chocolate! Try not to dwell on the test, you'll be so glad when it's over.
take care
hugs
sarah

tricia keegan 02-26-2013 03:17 PM

Sandra I think this worry is what we all go through and always will, sending good wishes for B9 to you!!!

mamacze 02-26-2013 05:16 PM

Yes, I agree with Sarah - chocolate works wonders. We can all relate to scanxiety - it is an awful roller coaster - prayers are on their way - so rest; then make sure to log in on Thursday and let us know how you are doing.
Hugs,
Kim (from CT)

Pamelamary 02-26-2013 07:05 PM

Prayers and good wishes are coming to you from all over the world, including Australia!
Pam

KsGal 02-27-2013 03:07 AM

Prayers and positive energy. Like you said, you always feel this way, and you have had clean scans for a while now. This will be the same! Big hugs to you.

NEDenise 02-27-2013 07:33 AM

Sandra,
Prayers and pick me up vibes headed your way!
BTW - loved your old avatar, but the new one is beautiful too!

Don't forget to post on Thursday!
Denise

greenacres 03-01-2013 07:10 AM

All is good! Bilateral breast MRI, Birads 2 (GOOD!), bloodwork and examiniation by oncologist. Still in remission, two years cancer free YAY! Thanks for all the good wishes, they continue to come through for me!
Sandra

'lizbeth 03-01-2013 08:45 AM

Yeah! Such good news. So happy for you. HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE!

Okay, curiosity inspires me to ask, why an breast MRI? Do you have dense breasts?

Jackie07 03-01-2013 09:41 AM

Congratulations!