HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Request for prayer for my Aunt (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37639)

Shobha 01-19-2009 01:55 PM

Request for prayer for my Aunt

Can I please request prayers for my Aunt who just found out that she has bc.

She is 69 years old and very afraid. We don't know anything regarding staging yet. She just got a call from her doctor with biopsy results. She has been in tears all morning. I tried to speak some encouraging words but they sounded trite. I am praying that it is very early stage and god gives her strength to bear it. She has been the sort of person who is afraid of even blood tests, so this is devastating for her. She is one of the sweetest, kindest people I have met in my life.

I believe in all your prayers. They can do miracles.

love,
shobha

sassy 01-19-2009 05:37 PM

Shobha,

I will keep your aunt in my thoughts and prayers. I know you will be able to be a source of comfort, understanding and knowledge for her.

ElaineM 01-19-2009 06:02 PM

Request for prayer for my Aunt

Shobha
Your aunt received some pretty shocking news. She may need a few days to cry and for the news to sink in before she has the energy to fight. That is okay. Just comfort her the best way you know how.
Meanwhile positive thoughts, prayers and vibes are flying her way. Perhaps you and your aunt would like to come and sit by the nice warm Her 2 campfire for awhile. You both are most welcome.

Melissa 01-19-2009 07:09 PM

Shobha,

Your aunt is in my prayers. Grace, my daughter is also including her in bed-time prayers. She is blessed to have you in her life.

chrisy 01-19-2009 07:47 PM

Shoba,
Of course she is in our prayers. You know from your own experience how shocking that news is. Each of us handles it in our own way. There are no perfect words, nor is it necessary that you find perfect words - all you can do is let her know how much love her and that you are there for her.

You probably found out you were stronger than you thought...so will she.

Much love
Chris

Bill 01-19-2009 09:59 PM

Your aunt will be in my thoughts and prayers, too.

Jackie07 01-19-2009 11:26 PM

Would it be comforting to let her know that statistically speaking her age is in her favor? Beast cancer survival rate for 65 + is better than any other age groups.

Please let her know we all are praying for her.

schoolteacher 01-20-2009 05:35 AM

Shoba,

I will be praying for your aunt.

Amelia

Believe51 01-20-2009 01:33 PM

Prayer request granted. And yes Sugar Pie, they do work miracles. I am praying and sending positive energy Auntie's way. Keep us posted on what is happening to this Sweetheart. We are all right here for you!>>Hugs and pleasant thoughts for you and your Dear Aunt>>Believe51

Shobha 01-21-2009 05:50 PM

Thank you all for the lovely messages and prayers. Radha Aunty is doing better emotionally. We are still waiting for the complete pathology report. Her PET/CT scans are scheduled for Friday.

I will keep you all posted.

love,
shobha

SuThorn 01-21-2009 06:08 PM

Shobha-

Your Aunt will be in my prayers.

Regards, Suzanne

Shobha 01-27-2009 01:34 PM

Prayers have been answered once again! Thank you all.

Radha aunty is Stage 1 bc. It has not spread anywhere. She is ER+ but not Her2. So, this is again a relief for all of us.

She is scheduled for Rt. Mastectomy for Friday - Jan 30th.

She is feeling much more upbeat and we are all grateful for all the prayers! :)

love,
shobha

WomanofSteel 01-27-2009 02:10 PM

I will pray that all goes well for her with her surgery.

Believe51 02-04-2009 01:11 PM

Thinking about Auntie and sending her healing prayers. Boy, how lucky you are to have one another. Send her my love please and add this smile to it!>>Believe51

Shobha 02-04-2009 01:26 PM

Thank you, Marie. I will definitely give her your love and smiles. She will love it! :)

Believe51 02-04-2009 01:53 PM

Oh...and please do not forget to take yours too. Always in my prayers!>>Believe51