HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~My Mother-in-Law's Update & Prayer Request (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37462)

Believe51 01-06-2009 02:33 PM

~My Mother-in-Law's Update & Prayer Request

Ed and I just received an update on her arthritis saga. She has both types and they are spreading at an alarming rate, her future time here looks grim. When getting the results of her X-rays you cannot even see bones, just cloudy 'snow' and does not reflect an X-ray at all.

This is a woman who is about 5' tall and about 100lbs, 73 years old. The first time I met her I was introduced to her as, "Marie, this is my Mom", my reply was, "Hello Mom" and I have been calling her that for over 16 years.

For the entire time I have known her she has 'given life' back. She always had animals from monkeys to piglets, horses to chickens, cats and dogs, oh and do not forget the de-scented skunks (really cute) and the salt water fish tank. She loved to grow things and her home and garden was always full of life. Joan could make things grow in cement where others could not sprout in soil.

Old furniture, yes she gave life back to even that. You could always find her in the back yard staining and reviving treasured antiques. Her home always looked like it won awards in Better Homes and Gardens. She was fussy and clean, a tough and determined person that never complained.

Please pray for this wonderous soul, I love her so much and cannot beat the thoughts of her not being here with us anymore. She has little time left and I feel lost already. I only wish that I could give some of that life back to her.

Without trying to ramble I must add that her greatest joys besides life and living was seeing her son marry me. She constantly thanks me for being such a positive and loving Daughter-in-Law. She praises me for taking care of him so well. The answer is, I LOVE HIM and our vows are sacred. She tells me she loves me all the time and that she could not have chosen a better person to love her son and her. Same answer, I LOVE YOU, MA!

So here I sit feeling a little lost and sad and she is right here. Her quality of life is awful and this is so damn unfair. Please pray that we can control some of this pain and that she can enjoy the time she has left. Poor little thing, she cannot take anything strong for pain, especially narcotics.

Please keep her in your prayers, I really appreciate it. Not to mention it is all we can do to help right now. Glad I was able to share what a glorious person she is to all the important people in my life. Love to All>>Believe51

PS: As for The Mighty Oak.....well the 'acorn' does not fall far from the tree. These two souls are the finest people I could ever chose to share my life with!

schoolteacher 01-06-2009 03:27 PM

Marie,

I will be praying for the Mighty Oak's mom.

Amelia

Bill 01-06-2009 04:53 PM

She sounds like one amazing woman. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

flynny 01-06-2009 05:45 PM

What an amazing woman! I pray that you all have some more special moments together and that she won't be in any pain.

juanita 01-06-2009 07:02 PM

adding my prayers to the others and hope you have lots of time left with such a wonderful woman.

Yorkiegirl 01-06-2009 08:23 PM

Marie your MIL will certainly be in my prayers. I pray they can find something to help with her inceasing pain.

Paty 01-06-2009 09:03 PM

Marie,

I will join you all with my prayers too.

Paty

sassy 01-06-2009 09:13 PM

Marie,

Keeping Joan, you and Ed in my prayers.

vickie h 01-06-2009 10:12 PM

Marie and Ed, Your dear Mother is in our prayers. May she find relief from the pain and spend many more days with you both. Love, Vickie

WomanofSteel 01-07-2009 06:09 AM

Marie, holding you all close in prayer and especially for relief for Mom. Hang in there honey!

Sheila 01-07-2009 07:08 AM

Marie...I can't imagine who was blessed more, you for having her for a mother in law, or her for having you for a daughter in law....just know that she is in my prayers as are you & Ed...always....your strength is such a source of comfort to others!

Shobha 01-07-2009 09:28 AM

Marie and Ed, your mom is in my prayers. May God bless all of you and give you all many more years together!

Believe51 01-08-2009 09:50 AM

Thanks for all the well-wishing for my Dearheart. She means the world to Ed and I. Right now we feel so helpless, so powerless against this infliction. We wanted to get her a wheelchair to help but she refuses, little 'toughie' that she is. When I called her last night to check up on her she was cleaning and watering the plants. Her doctor is really amazed at her fortitude. There is not a doctor around New England that has seen a worse case of arthritis EVER! Ouch!! They are studying her here to understand this disease better.

When I told her of my prayer request she replied in her Warroir voice:
"I don't know what you girls did but my legs are working at the moment." She truely believes that these prayers helped and so do I, please keep them coming.

Also, she knows all the names of our 'Winged Angels', Mighty Oak lets her know of all our losses........
.........and all of our victories. She is walking right besides us all in our journeys. She thanks us for the prayers and sends them right back to us. Unbelievable woman!>>Believe51

Believe51 02-04-2009 02:20 PM

Please keep those prayers coming. She is getting worse and worse. Just a matter of time for one of my very favorite people. My heart is so sad right now I am besides myself!>>Believe51

lexigirl 02-04-2009 02:31 PM

Dear Marie,

I have been away for awhile and am so sad to be back and read this. Please know that I am lifting your sweet mil in prayer right now. Prayers for you and Ed as well.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

tricia keegan 02-04-2009 03:37 PM

marie, your mil sounds an amazing lady and I'm sorry she's in pain.
I'll keep you her and all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jean 02-04-2009 05:37 PM

Marie,
I am deeply sadened to read your post. Of course I will be praying for your Mom, Ed and you.

Kindest Regards,
Jean

Kim in DC 02-04-2009 08:02 PM

I will be praying for her Marie

Kim

sassy 02-04-2009 08:13 PM

Marie,

I will keep all of you in my prayers, and will lift up your names in our daily noon prayers at the academy.

flynny 02-04-2009 09:51 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will pray for her tonight.