HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Afraid (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60818)

michka 04-24-2014 02:24 AM

Afraid

I am going to the hospital for a MRI of the liver today. Last week the control scan I do every 3 months showed 4 suspect lesions in the liver around 1cm. They had the scan re-read several times and wrote that in fact these lesions were already there since June 2013 but grew a little! (this never figured on the 10 scans I had before). They told me it could or could not be new tumors. They are vascularized. I am so scared. Nothing in the lungs or the rest of the abdomen. I am trying to stay strong but my legs are shaking this morning. You are the only ones who can understand how I feel. Michka

Bunty 04-24-2014 05:50 AM

Re: Afraid

Oh Michka, I do know how you are feeling. Sending you big hugs of support and loads of hope that all will be ok.
Marie x

Cath 04-24-2014 06:06 AM

Hi Michka, I know how you feel too. It is so scary. Every time I have a scan of any sorts I make myself sick from worrying. Sending my thoughts to you and saying a prayer that everything will be okay. Take care and I'm hoping with all of my might that everything will be okay. Cathy

Pray 04-24-2014 06:22 AM

A lot of hope and prayers to you Michka. Gods blessings to you and your family. Praying very hard for all.

CarolineC 04-24-2014 09:29 AM

Michka,

I hope everything goes well for you today. I know exactly how you feel-having a CT scan today and have been having some issues-I'm so scared as well. I'm holding your hand.

Love,

Caroline

Ceesun 04-24-2014 10:24 AM

Miscka, Just try to relax and take it one step at a time. I went through that a few months ago regarding my kidney and it turned out to be a cyst. I will keep you in my good thoughts. Cathy (Ceesun)

michka 04-24-2014 10:52 AM

Thank you for thinking of me today. I needed your support!
I just came back from my liver MRI and was able to talk to the radiologist right after. He does not think that the 4 lesions are tumors. What good news!
However, just to completely eliminate this possibility, he is sending me for a pet/scan.
most important, he spoke about the possibility of "Focal nodular hyperplasia" due to the toxicity of TDM1/Kadcyla ??? But he was not sure. They are going to examine all the data in their staff meeting;
Phil, Kathy T, does this sound like something Lorraine or you Kathy had?
Michka

StephN 04-24-2014 12:10 PM

Dear Michka!

I was VERY glad to read your followup post. Since I was about to say those spots could be any number of things.

The PET should clear up the matter. I would not call those spots "lesions" until it is confirmed that they are from cancer. Funny no one mentioned them to you from the June scan, especially if they see they are vascularized.

Lots of hugs with healing wishes from me and Emile.

KDR 04-24-2014 02:00 PM

Michelle,
My thoughts will be with you until you resolve all,
Love
Karen

caya 04-24-2014 02:42 PM

Michka,

I was happy to read your follow-up post. I hope you can get the PET scan ASAP, and that it will show nothing ominous.

Keep us informed, we are all behind you, sweetie!

all the best
caya

Becky 04-24-2014 03:04 PM

I just read this thread and your follow up post seems hopeful. I am there with you. Many good thoughts and a hug.

suzan w 04-24-2014 03:59 PM

It seems that after all we have been through with treatments, surgeries, etc., that we should not have to go through the anxieties of the unknown. After all, the known is scary enough. Sending a big cyber-hug your way!!

tricia keegan 04-24-2014 04:44 PM

Michka, holding good thoughts for you! xx

Laurel 04-24-2014 05:51 PM

Michka,

Just caught this thread and held my breath as I scrolled through the many posts. Letting out a sigh of relief regarding your radiologist's opinion. Good news! Yea!

Kathy T 04-24-2014 07:24 PM

I did develop nodular regenerative hyperplasia. It seemed stable so we continued with the drug. I later developed portal hypertension, unaware, and finally esophageal varices which ruptured. It was a very frightening situation! I am now just receiving Herceptin and Perjeta. I'm consulting with a Hepatologist to determine how much damage has occurred in the liver and what further chemo I can tolerate.
Kathy T

DogLover 04-24-2014 07:42 PM

Michka,
I also held my breath until I got to your post after the scan. I am so glad you posted promptly. I am delighted you were able to talk with the radiologist so soon. The waiting is the worst!

JennyB 04-25-2014 05:20 AM

Very relieved to hear that they don't seem to be new mets - bet you are too. Good luck and best wishes x

BonnieR 04-25-2014 10:09 AM

Keep keeping the faith!

sarah 04-26-2014 09:17 AM

Hi Michka, Just saw this post, glad it wasn't new lesions and hope this issue is resolved quickly and well
hugs and love
sarah

Pamelamary 04-26-2014 12:14 PM

Sending love and best wishes, Michka!
Pam.