HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I am homeagain (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33220)

Melinda 03-24-2008 10:56 AM

I am homeagain

I apologize for "dropping out of sight" the last several months I have had a series of unfortunate events occur in my life and have not been on the boards for quite sometime. They say that God does not give us anything we can not handle.... and that is true, but sometimes I ask why does my plate have to be this full? My mother passed away unexpectedly the day after Thanksgiving. I was designated the executrix and have deal with so much paper work that I now think I could write a book called Inheritance taxes for Dummies. Top that off with a very uncooperative brother who is along with one cousin the only family I have left. But I have managed to put things in proper perspective finally, and now chose to look at the silver lining in this cloud. My Mom did not suffer and was surrounded by friends and family Thanksgiving day. My health is good and just received a clean Mammo last week. Finished HErceptin, and have started Aromsin as planned. My little cockapoo who I have been treating with bladder cancer since last April is still ok despite some growth of her tumor. She will not go thru chemo....
I feel as tho I have fallen done on the job so to speak. It was a pledge to myself to "pay it forward" with all the support that was given to me when I was first diagnosed. THings have settled down now and the dust has settled somewhat so I will be back in the saddle so to speak on a more regular basis. I have just started reading posts. I have missed every single one of you!
Keep the faith
MElinda

Jean 03-24-2008 11:00 AM

Welcome back, we missed you - I am very sorry to hear of your Mother's
passing, espcially so sudden, not an easy task you were given, have been there myself.

Also happy to hear about your good check up...
So glad you are back.

Kindest Regards,
jean

Mary Anne in TX 03-24-2008 11:14 AM

So glad to have you back! Sorry your abscence was so hectic, but I'm also glad that your mom was with those she loved! So sorry for your loss and for all that you had to do with the legal stuff. Welcome back, ma

kareneg 03-24-2008 12:15 PM

Dear Melinda,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. And Iam sos glad you are back looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Love Karen

Sheila 03-24-2008 01:22 PM

Melinda
So glad you are back with us....and sorry to hear about your Mother's sudden passing....as you said she was surrounded by love and family ...who could ask for more. Welcome back......you were missed!

dhealey 03-24-2008 02:55 PM

Glad your back. Sorry to hear of your mother's passing. It seems in life when it rains it pours, but there are always rainbows at the end of the storm. Hang in there.

juanita 03-24-2008 05:39 PM

Sorry about your Mom. Sometimes we all wish God didn't think we could handle so much, I know i do. Welcome back!

sassy 03-24-2008 05:50 PM

Good to see you back Melinda. Hope there are better days ahead.

Bill 03-24-2008 06:02 PM

My condolences on the loss of your Mother.

kcherub 03-24-2008 06:19 PM

My girl is back! :)

I am so sorry that you have been through the "wringer" the last few months. I am glad that your Mom had such a special Thanksgiving with you. How wonderful for her, and for you (I hope to some degree of peacefulness)...

I love birds--is yours otherwise healthy? I had a 90-year old woman come into my store and we got to talking about breast cancer. She was a hoot--she said that people kept asking her "How is your health?", and she would answer "Fine, except for the damn cancer." Gotta love her! Sending little birdie prayers your way, and I am sure Cooper will add them at bedtime. We have a running list of lost, passed away and injured animals.

Welcome back!

Take care,

tousled1 03-24-2008 09:23 PM

Welcome back Melinda. Sorry to hear that your mother passed away but as you say she did not suffer and was surrounded by friends and family. And best of all you finished your Herceptin and had a clean mammo. Way to go!

Believe51 03-26-2008 09:44 AM

Melinda

I am so sorry that your break from here was full of caos. First and foremost I am so sorry for the loss of Mother but found relief hearing she was surrounded by family. Hearing the news of your health and wog-wog's (my slang for doggies) made me smile right from my toes. Also knowing that your dust has settled makes my heart full. Glad you are back on track. Go easy on yourself, after a stressful hiatus like that you need to take care. Lots of love>>Believe51

Joanne S 03-26-2008 09:53 PM

In sympathy, I am sorry to hear of your mom's passing. May memories of the special times with your mom continue to provide you comfort.

And I can relate to your situation and having an uncooperative brother. Mine was totally uncooperative and useless.

Congrats on the clean Mammogram.

Best to you,
Jo

PS (Has anyone ever told you that you favor Jamie Lee Curtis?)

harrie 03-26-2008 11:25 PM

Melinda, it is so good to have you back!! I sent you a PM, but didn't see this thread until later. I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I am so happy she didn't suffer and had her family there for support.
Sounds like you sure did have your hands full! I bet you learned a lot and are stronger for it.
How are you doing with the Aromisin? I am considering switching from Arimidex to Aromisin in the future. For now, the Arimidex isn't too bad. Tolerable.
Anyways, really great seeing your beautiful picture again.
BTW, is that short hair your post-chemo hair? It is so nice!!
Maryanne aka harriecanarie

tricia keegan 03-27-2008 01:21 PM

Welcome back from me too melinda and I'm so sorry about your Mom, it must bring you comfort that she did'nt suffer though.
Congrats on the clear mammo and hope to see you around more often:)

Patty F 03-27-2008 05:33 PM

Welcome back Melinda. I am sorry about the loss of your mother. I lost my mother Sept of '06. I know how hard that is.