HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tykerb Not Working (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35214)

LOPSIDED 08-20-2008 04:54 PM

Tykerb Not Working

Colonoscopy Shows I Have a Tumor (path Report Said It Was From My Original Breast Cancer) , Ct Shows Enlarged Lymph Nodes By My Left Kidney And In My Pelvis. Stopping Tykerb And Starting A/C Treatments Next Week.

caya 08-20-2008 05:02 PM

Sheila,

I'm sorry to hear of this development.
I will be praying for you.

all the best
caya

Mary Anne in TX 08-20-2008 05:20 PM

Sheila, count me in on some big time prayer for quick action by the A/C. I hope that awful A/C kicks those bc cells off the map! No mercy for that ugly disease that has you in our most high prayers right now. I send my strongest belief and prayers to ya, mighty warrior. May God's angels find their way to you to help you fight once more. Luv ya lots sister, ma

Colleens_Husband 08-20-2008 05:22 PM

Sheila:

I am so sorry to hear the bad news. Please know that you will be in our hearts and prayers.

Lee

suzan w 08-20-2008 05:24 PM

I did A/C and that stuff sure is potent...the nurses called it 'the red devil'! May it eat up all your tumors!

Vi Schorpp 08-20-2008 05:27 PM

Sheila

I concur with Suzan -- the red devil should do it. I'm sorry to hear of this development, but my sincere best wishes and prayers for you. Keep us posted.

Sheila 08-20-2008 05:33 PM

Sheila
You will be in my prayers that this new combo will kick butt on those tumors....will you go back on Herceptin after the A/C? It may work again after you have a break....what about Avastin...as it works well for breast, colon, lung....just a thought. Sending you a big strengthening hug as you start yet another road of this journey/
the other Sheila

PinkGirl 08-20-2008 06:00 PM

Hi Lop
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I truly hope that you get
a good response to the A/C. Good luck.

hutchibk 08-20-2008 08:09 PM

Hi Sheila - I was going to post this same food for thought in my own words, but then I came across Flori's post on the Tykerb/Herceptin thread today that said it so well:

Flori

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...tar1804_11.gif

Hi Esther-

I'm on Tykerb-herceptin and avastin. Dr Glasby at UCLA told me not to stop tykerb when I had progression on tykerb xeloda but to add in herceptin. He used the analogy of a road block - if some "cars" are getting by add to the road block don't remove it entirely. I'm hoping that sometime soon I can stop the avastin and just stay on herceptin-tykerb. (Or I would take a cure - either one).
xo Flori

Have you asked your doc about adding Herceptin in with the Tykerb/Xeloda to see if that will get the response you all are hoping for? I know that that is what my doc and I have on the backburner for me if we see any progression...

Best of luck with the A/C - and keep us posted...

Bill 08-20-2008 08:40 PM

Hi Sheila, you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep in touch, sweetie.

SoCalGal 08-20-2008 11:29 PM

Sheila - It seems that you did NOT have progression while on herceptin (like me) so can they add that back in as well? That's what I did. I like the herceptin/tykerb combo along with whatever else your onc thinks will knock the stuff out - A/C. Just an idea. Sending my prayers your way.
Flori

Believe51 08-23-2008 06:04 AM

Sweet Friend

Thinking about you today and made a special trip to the computer to write to all the peeps I love. I love you. When I look at your signature it is almost like a mirror to Ed's. I am praying that this A/C does the same miracles for you as it has for the Mighty Oak. May the A/C kick the living daylights out of those nasties!!>>Believe51

goops 08-23-2008 07:17 AM

I did A/C and the red devil it is, hopefully it will kill the cancer - I will be praying for you.

Patb 08-23-2008 09:23 AM

Adding my thoughts and prayers to all the above.
Sending healing thoughts your way. Did you have
A/C before?
patb

rinaina 08-23-2008 10:51 AM

I am praying that the powerful combo of A/C kicks that tumor's butt. Sorry you are facing this and you have my prayers and support.

juanita 08-23-2008 07:17 PM

Hope this kicks the cancer's butt and you're soon ned!

sassy 08-23-2008 08:02 PM

Hoping A/C does the trick. I had it as first treatment and didn't think it was a tough as Taxol.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Joan M 08-23-2008 08:09 PM

Sheila,

Perhaps you should still be taking Herceptin.

Studies have shown that continuing Herceptin even with progression may be better than dropping it when adding Tykerb and/or a chemo drug.

You are in my prayers. A/C is very powerful stuff.

Joan

runtolive 08-25-2008 02:29 PM

try trastuzumab-dm1

sheila.. talk to your docs about getting you on the clinical trial for trastuzumab-dm1 .. at least a dozen or so ladies here have been on it with very good results..

genentech is opening a new trial for patients who have shown progression on tykerb as one of the pre-reqs for this trial..

run to live