HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Silly Little Thing, But I'm So Excited!!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30285)

KellyA 09-29-2007 03:35 PM

Silly Little Thing, But I'm So Excited!!!!

I know that this seems so trivial, but it has been such a good day for me today and I just wanted to share. I got my very first haircut since chemo!! The pic shows my new do and it is with exactly 1 years worth of growth. It was very hard to go this long, and there were some nasty stages, but I think I like it now. Its funny, I look in the mirror and am starting to look "normal" again, but I still feel pretty badly most days- my back hurts alot and I am just exhausted every minute of the day. Hopefully that will get better with time. -But it sure is nice to have a "real" haircut!!

Love, Kelly

BonnieR 09-29-2007 03:42 PM

Not silly at all!!! You earned that beautiful 'do'! I hope it boosts your spirits and you begin to feel every bit as great as you look!

tricia keegan 09-29-2007 04:10 PM

Kelly it looks great, and represensts so much but only we who have been there know that!!
Congrats, I hope you keep surviving every day and enjoy these "milestones":)

Mary Anne in TX 09-29-2007 04:36 PM

Hey Kelly! You are looking mighty fine, girl! I love your new hair cut. Looks so cute on you! And it is a BIG deal!!!!! Great to see your new do!!!!!

Joy 09-29-2007 04:47 PM

hey hot stuff

Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate. That is not silly at all. Gettting the hair back is huge, it makes us feel normal again after not knowing what normal is! You look magnificent!

caya 09-29-2007 05:25 PM

Kelly,

Love the new 'do - You look terrific. Gives hope to us that are still just a few months out from chemo.

all the best
caya

Mary Jo 09-29-2007 06:30 PM

Kelly your haircut is simply BEAUTIFUL as YOU are! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Mary Jo

lilyecuadorian 09-29-2007 07:18 PM

mas bonita ......

Bev 09-29-2007 09:02 PM

Beautiful do. Your hair grows fast. No curls? I still have wild curls but they may be gone after the next cut and I think I'm a year ahead of you. Bev

KellyA 09-30-2007 03:26 AM

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback- I never thought I'd get to this point! Yes, I did/do have curly hair (not as curly as at first), but my hairdresser straightened it out. Its always been very thick and frizzy, and always been a battle. Now, its still thick, but a lot finer and straightens much easier. A lot lighter too. She said she didn't have to foil it nearly as much. I asked her, "Are you sure that its lighter, and not just alot grayer?!" :-) Good grief, some days I feel like I skipped over forty years and I'm eighty!!!!! HA HA

Love, Kelly

Sheila 09-30-2007 05:00 AM

Kelly
WOW...love the new hairdo! Gives me somethng to look forward to! The stress and pain of the last year does not show on your face at all....I have to agree with the others...marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tousled1 09-30-2007 04:01 PM

Kelly,

You look absolutely beautiful!

Leslie's sister 09-30-2007 05:20 PM

beautiful picture

Kelly:

You are truly beautiful!

Soccermom 09-30-2007 05:37 PM

I agree, you are one Beautiful lady! May you enjoy hundreds more haircuts in the years to come !
Marcia

janet11 09-30-2007 06:28 PM

Gad, love your hair! I've been waiting VERY anxiously to get to the point where I could have my first hair cut and style, but it's still too thin (*sigh*) now... 8 months after chemo. Yours looks so good -- it's giving me hope (*smile*).

Chelee 09-30-2007 06:36 PM

Kelly, That looks really nice. I absolutely love your haircut. I've been meaning to get mine cut for a while now but haven't decided what to do with it? After looking at yours...I think I am going to get a move on and make an appt.
You said it may seen trival...HA! Having our hair back, and ENOUGH to actually do something with it...is no small thing. That is really a nice style on you...very flattering. You must feel like a million bucks. You go girl. :)

Chelee

Becky 09-30-2007 06:40 PM

Your do looks wonderful. Its so nice to finally have a real style. The pix of me here is about 3 months after I could get a real style (time to update now I guess) but its so nice Kelly.

Especially when the "baby" hair is finally gone.

Beautiful hair on a beautiful girl.

MCS 09-30-2007 06:47 PM

Kelly,

You look so good!!!! Your do is very new and Victoria Beckman- except it looks better on you. Very pretty, try to keep the stares away

I had curls afterwards. When I got my first real cut after a year, my eyes swelled up with tears, could not hold it back. The lady who cut it, had also been the original that trimmed it short before it all fell off.

Lots of love.

maria

Vanessa 09-30-2007 07:13 PM

You look great with your new haircut. Congratulations on your new milestone!

vickie h 09-30-2007 08:07 PM

Kelly, You look FABULOUS! After losing my hair twice, and then thinning to almost nothing after Navelbine (all in almost 4 years) I am looking for a haircut as pretty as yours, and maybe even some color to boot! Love, Vickie