HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Honoring Our HER2 Lost (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51828)

KDR 10-19-2011 06:09 AM

Honoring Our HER2 Lost

Since we keep a list of those fighting The Monster, I thought it would be humble to mention those we've lost, in remembrance, because we won't forget them, because we forge on in their memories. Does anyone have such a list...Jackie?
Karen

tricia keegan 10-19-2011 06:56 AM

Re: Honoring Our HER2 Lost

Karen, in my time here there have sadly been too many losses, it was suggested before to have a rememberance page on the site with photo's etc but think Christine was against this as wants anyone coming here to have a message of hope rather than the alternative.

sarah 10-19-2011 07:50 AM

Yes, Tricia's correct, it was suggested before but rejected. I think it would have been nice. Maybe only available to senior members? I don't know. I respect Christine's decisions, it's her site and so important to us. She and the others who help with it (Becky, Stephanie and others) are angels helping and protecting us. What would we do without it???

KDR 10-19-2011 08:02 AM

In light of BC Awareness Month, we mark this time to remember with love the people before us, the people ahead of us, and the promise to fight on. I think it's a beautiful idea. After all, we call them angels, and they are. It is part of life, so I put it out there.
Karen

PinkGirl 10-19-2011 08:05 AM

There is a place on this site that lists the names of our
deceased angels ... but no one can ever find it.

StephN 10-19-2011 11:37 AM

Here is a link to the page where our dear departed sisters and brothers are listed, it is called View Forum Leaders:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showgroups.php?

Hope that will work.
Scroll down a little for the list.

Sheila 10-19-2011 02:42 PM

Steph...it seems as though there are missing names...Darlene Denise this year...
who updates it?

PinkGirl 10-19-2011 02:57 PM

If I didn't have that link, where would I find "view forum leaders?"

Lori R 10-19-2011 04:52 PM

I can appreciate that for some, such a thread would be disturbing.

But for me...I thought about Lolly and others just yesterday and wanted to go out and post that I still am thinking of them and still appreciate the support they provided.

Just saying I wanted to wing a special prayer their direction. But then, I am sure they heard it. Thanks again all you angels who watch over us.

With Love....Lori

Joanna J 10-19-2011 06:19 PM

karen,I like your idea to remember those precious & dearly departed,I feel that they are all looking down & watching over us
Cheering us on! Joanna

Bill 10-19-2011 07:00 PM

I think it is nice to have this link to go to if you want to, without it glaring like a beacon as soon as you log onto the site. Just my opinion. Like Sheila said, though, it does seem like a few names may be missing.

ElaineM 10-19-2011 09:31 PM

I like the way things are now. We can go to the link to read about our special angels. We can also remember them in our thoughts and hearts.

Trish 10-19-2011 10:06 PM

Thanks for raising this issue, Karen. I am glad there is a list. I think hope and honest aknowledgment of the toll can co-exist. Without clear eyed recognition of the facts, hope, while entirely justifiable, lacks credibility.
Trish

StephN 10-19-2011 11:35 PM

Joe was the one with access to that part of the site and added any new names. Thus, I am pretty sure no one has been listed who passed after Joe did. Guess that is another bit that we either pass to Tom, the webmaster, or someone gets access to that page to add new names.

sarah 10-20-2011 12:00 AM

Thanks Stephanie. So many of the people who are now angels were so important to so many of us. It's nice to know that now we can revisit them and remember them fondly for their courage and inspiration and advice.
love sarah

PinkGirl 10-20-2011 09:00 AM

Never mind StephN ... I found it. It's at the bottom of the
list of Group Forums.

StephN 10-20-2011 11:02 AM

Sorry, Pink - did not mean to ignore your question.
I had just come in from a 4-hour drive and probably should have just gone to bed!

StephN 10-20-2011 12:50 PM

What names are missing, besides Darlene Denise?

Let's start a list so they may be added.

Please chime in.

Bill 10-22-2011 07:40 PM

VAmoonrise. I didn't see her on the list. Maybe I looked in the wrong place.

Trish 10-23-2011 12:09 AM

Jackie Handley passed away last year. I think her posting name was J. Handley but I can't remember it exactly.
Trish