HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sore spot right above right clavicle (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53210)

bejuce 02-15-2012 01:03 PM

Sore spot right above right clavicle

Hi HER-2ers,

I'm feeling a sore spot right above my right clavicle
bone near the shoulder. It's tender to the touch but doesn't hurt otherwise. I've recently increased my weight lifting exercises so I'm
thinking it's a sore muscle or something. I don't feel a hard lump or node, but today I'm feeling what appears to be soft tissue of some
kind or a pocket of fluid. I did have the area radiated to the max.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Thanks!

Marcia

Ellie F 02-15-2012 01:54 PM

Re: Sore spot right above right clavicle

Hi Marcia
Is this on your bc side?
It sounds much more like a strain than a lymph node which tend to present nearer to the centre of the clavicle and tucked down and a little behind ( so my onc tells me)
I know you will worry but feels like it's probably to do with exercise.
Think about the very wise 2 week rule and if it doesn't settle of its own accord get it checked.
Keeping fingers and toes crossed that it disappears soon
Hugs
Ellie

Sheila 02-15-2012 02:51 PM

Marcia
I agree with Ellie, if it continues to bother you, get it checked...sounds like muscular soreness to me...
sounds like the weight exercises are working!!!

bejuce 02-16-2012 05:27 PM

Thanks, gals! I'm out of town for my kids school break so it'll have to wait until next week. I still have a lot of pain/tenderness in the area, which is not getting better with me touching and poking on it to figure out if I feel a node or something. I think I'm feeling one, but it's not hard so it may be either due to remaining gunk from a cellulitis I had last month or something else. Could it be lymphedema? Can a supraclavicular node be enlarged as a result of lymphedema? I'm not sure - tried to search online but everything I find on google seems scary to me.

On another note, the 18th will mark 3 years since my diagnosis so I think I'm feeling a little anxiety and doing too many what-ifs on my head. One question: how common or likely are recurrences to the supraclavicular nodes after so much treatment (including radiation to the area)?

And thanks for answering, only my fellow HER-2 sisters understand what it's like worrying about things.

Hugs,

Marcia

bejuce 02-27-2012 09:44 AM

Hi ladies,

I saw my oncologist on Friday and she said it's most likely a tendon. Told me not to worry or freak out. She said that supraclavicular nodes are felt deep in the supraclavicular fossa and my spot was right on top of the bone where all the tendons are. She's confident it's not a node.

It's always best to check everything out though! Whenever I have a scare or an anxiety filled worry, I try to check in my medical team. Always learning something new at each visit too.

Hope you all have a wonderful, worry-free, symptom-free, side-effect-free week!

Marcia

Pray 02-27-2012 01:10 PM

I am so glad your mind is at ease Marcia. I hope you enjoy your week!!!!