HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Getting off the "hamster wheel" (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28896)

ExpectAMiracle 06-26-2007 02:03 PM

Getting off the "hamster wheel"

I haven't posted much during the past couple of months while going through chemo. I have been reading lots of posts and getting great information though.

I completed 4 rounds of TCH on 6/12/07. I am so thankful to be off what I consider to be a "hamster wheel" of treatment. The TCH was very doable for me. I had some mild diarrhea throughout all 4 rounds but only had nausea for a couple of days during rounds 3 and 4. I had low WBC for the first week or two of each round, but my onc. did not give me Neulasta as she said it wasn't needed. Of course, I am bald as an egg - but a little fuzz is starting to show up now. I will be continuing Herceptin for the full year and will be starting rads (33) in early July.

I am so thankful for this board and for the wonderful women here who provide so much wisdom and inspiration! My prayers and thoughts are with everyone here - those behind me in the journey and those ahead.

{{Hugs}} to all!

Mary Jo 06-26-2007 03:29 PM

Hi Susan,

I'm happy for you that you're chemo is over. That surely is a great feeling, isn't it? Now you're body can get on with the business of healing after putting it through the chemo. It heals itself quickly. It's amazing what the human body can endure. Rads are a piece of cake. Other than the "daily grind" of showing up for treatment, there isn't much to it. It goes quickly with little or no side effects.

Praying God's peace to surround you today.

Mary Jo

Chelee 06-26-2007 04:59 PM

Susan, Congratulations on getting through and completing your chemo. I know what a nice feeling it is to be DONE. With the exception of your herceptin...but that should be a breeze in comparision to TCH. That's great that you got by without Neulasta. I had it a few times during my TCH trt and it does cause bone pain which isn't alot of fun. I am glad you got to bypass that. :)

Now you just have to watch out...the taste buds will be working again and you will want to make up for lost time. lol TCH was a great diet for me. Dropped some pounds with no problem. lol I hope you do something to celebrate...like maybe a really nice night out on the town with some good food and maybe a drink or two. ;)

Enjoy!

Chelee

Jean 06-26-2007 08:22 PM

Yahoo.....and Yipee

I am very happy for you. It is a great feeling to have the TC portion done and finished. The herceptin will be easy. Congrats!

Kind Regards,
Jean

LAURIE 06-28-2007 07:37 AM

I think it was interesting that this post is a lot about Herceptin and how it started with the hamster wheel!!! I will never look at a hamster the same way again. My neices got hamsters for birthdays this summer and I personally thanked each hamster for my herceptin.

Congrats on finishing the chemo. I just finished not too long ago and am feeling good, except for the full time work thing again. I even got a hair cut already.