HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Still here! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40322)

freyja 07-04-2009 09:17 PM

Still here!

I've been so busy since my son started summer vacation and whatnot that I've not been visiting the site for a while. In case there's curiosity about my absence I wanted to let you know...I'm fine and I still love you and send good wishes and healing energy out to you all every day. I have read a few posts once in a while, but just haven't taken the time to post any.

From the look of the most recent posts I've missed a LOT! Apparently there have been some pretty controversial comments and emotional responses. I haven't quite located them all, yet. I have a lot of reading to do. Just so you all know, I wasn't missing because of any hard feelings, and you can all say whatever the heck your heart desires and I'll take it or leave it and make no judgments of ya for it. If you got something to get off your chest then let it fly (even you, Bill) ;) ! I don't take anything personal...even if it's about me. What's true for you is true for you, and if it's not true for me then so be it. Likewise, most of the things I say are not meant to be taken too seriously. I have a strange little mind and see things very differently than a lot of people, and I don't expect everyone to agree or understand.

I guess I'd have to say part of the reason for my absence is the fact that, I'm reaching a point where I'm mostly healed up from chemo/surgery/radiation, and I feel so good to be up and moving and the sun is shining and there's so much work to catch up on after this my most challenging year of my entire life...I just don't want to spend much time at the computer.

Know this though, I am always holding all my HER2 sisters and bros in my heart and fighting the fight and living the life for you all as much as for myself. All for one and one for all has been my motto through this struggle. I want to beat this cancer in honor of all those angels who have fought it before me, and all those suffering from it, now. I think we owe it to them to live our best lives and celebrate and appreciate what we've got while we've got it. Sometimes I just don't know what else I can do. I am here for any of you if there is something I can do to help...hopefully my words are usually more of a help than a hindrance!

Anyway, good to be back. You're the best.
Love, Celeste

Jackie07 07-04-2009 09:48 PM

Celeste,

Welcome back and congratulations on your 'healing well'. I love the quote of 'all for one, and one for all'. That made us not only cancer 'fighters', but noble 'knights'. [Does that make Joe (or Christine)'King Arthur'? (Sorry, just can't help it :)]

ps. Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno is a Latin phrase that means "One for all, all for one" in English. It is known as being the motto of Alexandre Dumas' Three Musketeers and is also the traditional motto of Switzerland.

Paty 07-04-2009 09:55 PM

Celeste,

Thank you for the update. It is good to hear that you are feeling well and moving ahead. Once in a while let us know how you are and do not get lost for too long. Best wishes,

Paty

freyja 07-04-2009 09:55 PM

Thank you Jackie07. Always good to know the background info of your own motto! I've met Joe and Christine and I'm not against crowning them royalty of our round table!

Lien 07-05-2009 01:46 AM

Well said, Celeste and glad you are doing so well.

The quote, I think, is from the Three Musketeers.

See: Wikipedia:

The Three Musketeers (Les Trois Mousquetaires) is a novel by Alexandre Dumas, père. It recounts the adventures of a young man named d'Artagnan after he leaves home to become a guard of the musketeers. D'Artagnan is not one of the musketeers of the title; those are his friends Athos, Porthos, and Aramis—inseparable friends who live by the motto "all for one, one for all" ("tous pour un, un pour tous").[1]
The story of d'Artagnan is continued in Twenty Years After and The Vicomte de Bragelonne. Those three novels by Dumas are together known as the d'Artagnan Romances.
The Three Musketeers was first published in serial form in the magazine Le Siècle between March and July 1844.

So that would make Joe d'Artagnan, a brave soldier. And Christine his Constance, a lovely and brave maiden.

Love

Jacqueline

Mary Jo 07-05-2009 05:29 AM

Hi Celeste,

Good to "see" you again. You sound great. I'm happy about that. Keep on livin' life honey.

You summed up how you feel about our site well. The best really. Thanks for your insight. I especially liked your statement which said "what's true for you is true for you and if it's not true for me than let it be." I liked that.

Well Celeste, what's true for me is that I'm encouraged by everyone here. I don't always agree with everyone here but that surely wouldn't be normal if I did. We are all individuals with different "systems" that make us tick. Maybe we're all a bit like a "cuckoo" clock - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Cuckoo - cuckoo

Mary Jo

NanaKaren 07-06-2009 11:59 AM

Hi Celeste, Check your PM's.

freyja 07-07-2009 11:21 PM

Hey everybody, it's almost 12 o'clock midnight, let's get ready to go CUCKOO, CUCKOO!!

Chelee 07-07-2009 11:29 PM

Celeste, Ok...I'll be watching the clock...won't be long now...we can go CUCKOO CUCKOO together...anyone going to join us. LOL :)

Chelee

Believe51 07-07-2009 11:32 PM

Hello My 'lil Dancing Queen, sounds like you have been keeping very busy. I have missed you and have become so happy to hear how you are appreciating life. Now that you are feeling much better, how does school fit in? I hope this is still in the reservoirs of your mind. I hear the true love in your voice when you speak of it. So Celeste, remember I love you right back and I am keeping those positive thoughts and prayers flowing your way. So very nice to hear from you Dear Friend.>>Believe51

Sheila 07-08-2009 06:07 AM

Freyja
We missed you...glad to know you are doing so well and moving forward!

freyja 07-08-2009 10:35 AM

Thanks for remembering Believe. Yes, dancing is my true love. I AM going back to school in September. I'm registered for full time classes on full scholarship! I'm so excited to go "back to school" shopping along with my little first grader! Also, if I can figure out how to pay for it, I'm going to spend a month in Uraguay in the winter for teacher certification in my friend's technique of teaching dance improvisation to people of ALL physical abilities. It's called Danceability.

Thank you all for the warm re-welcomes! I missed you, too. I'm glad to be busy, though.

schoolteacher 07-10-2009 12:51 PM

Celeste,

Glad to see you post. Sounds like you are doing well. I asked Stephanie if she had heard from you when I visited Seattle at the end of June.

You go girl.

Amelia

hermiracles 07-12-2009 06:16 AM

Hey Celeste ~ you go girl! Keep enjoying your wonderful life http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima...ons/icon12.gif
Blessings
Hermiracles