HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Could use some prayers...I so need a break (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54245)

KristinSchwick 05-06-2012 06:31 PM

Re: Could use some prayers...I so need a break

Shelia,
Lots of prayers coming your way. Hang in there- even from Iowa, I can hear the cancer cells screaming from fear of what's to come their way. Be patient, God's working on it.
Kristin

JillaryJill 05-08-2012 08:30 AM

Sheila,
I think about you often and have added you to my prayer list. Please hang in there. Your fighting spirit is an inspiration. Hugs to you. Jill

Rich66 05-08-2012 08:55 AM

Maybe worth a look:

Cancer Biol Ther. 2012 May 1;13(7). [Epub ahead of print]
Activity of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in combination with gemcitabine in triple negative breast cancer with skin involvement: Two case reports.

Franchina T, Adamo B, Ricciardi GP, Caristi N, Agostino RM, Proto C, Adamo V.

LINK

Source

Unit of Integrated Therapies in Oncology; Department of Human Pathology; University Policlinic; G Martino, Italy.

Abstract

Breast carcinoma (BC) is a heterogeneous disease in terms of histology, therapeutic response, dissemination patterns to distant sites and patient outcomes. Triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC), defined by the lack of protein expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors and the absence of HER2 protein overexpression (ER-/PR-/HER2-) has significant clinical implications due to their poor prognosis and the lack of targeted agents. Skin involvement is one of the most distressing presentations of locally recurrent breast cancer and few studies have identified effective agents in this setting. In fact, the increasing use of anthracycline/taxane-based chemotherapy in the neoadjuvant and/or adjuvant settings has led to investigate new cytotoxic therapies such as the combination of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) with gemcitabine. Here, we report two cases of disseminated TNBC with extensive cutaneous metastases and a remarkable response to PLD in combination with gemcitabine. Further investigations are needed to confirm the efficacy of this regimen in skin involvement and TNBC.

PMID:22526226 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

karen z 05-08-2012 03:56 PM

Coming your way in massive waves.
Hang in there and stay super strong.
Love,
Karen

fullofbeans 05-09-2012 06:38 AM

Sheila,

you are in my prayer, you are such a fighter and I am so sorry to hear your scarry news. hopefullyt treatment can start soon. how about abraxane its like taxotere but slighty kinder on the body.

I know how awful it is to see these f**kers spreading and I send you lots of love

Soccermom 05-09-2012 06:57 AM

My love and prayers too, Sheila.. I know it's a long shot but I recall the name "Miltex" being used in reference to skin mets..
Hope this is helpful,
Gentle hugs, Marcia

Sheila 05-10-2012 01:27 PM

As always, I know where to come when I need a lift....I started Taxotere today....Aloxi and benedryl as premeds, and of course 3 doses of dexamethasone...and now Neulasta, Zyrtek, Nexium and wig shopping...guess I have found a new way to get rid of gray hair!

Again, thank you for all the love and support and prayers...each and every one of you have touched me and helped me heal in a way you may not even know!

Hoping this will be my new miracle, until other options open up!

karen z 05-10-2012 01:31 PM

Thinking of you Sheila. You can do this. Please stay your very strong self!!
Love,
K

Laurel 05-18-2012 08:41 PM

How's it goin', kiddo? You hanging in there?