HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Could use some prayers...I so need a break (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54245)

Mary Jo 05-04-2012 08:10 PM

Re: Could use some prayers...I so need a break

Prayers said for you Sheila. Love and hugs!

Gerri 05-04-2012 08:32 PM

Shelia,

You have so many people sending you positive thoughts and prayers; I know you can feel the love that surrounds you. I have to believe that the break you are waiting for is just around the corner. Don't lose hope, your time is coming.

Love and prayers,

Gerri

Joanna J 05-04-2012 08:40 PM

Sheila,Bless Your Heart,So Sorry That You Have met up w/more Bumps in The Road,I Will Certainly Pray For You, My Her2 Sister,Joanna J

michka 05-04-2012 10:40 PM

Oh Sheila! You sure deserve a break. I am sending strength and love. You are in my thoughts. Although I don't like the idea of you going back on Taxotere I really hope you can start soon. Michka

Redwolf8812 05-05-2012 03:22 AM

Prayers going up for you, Sheila, and for all of us....

- Penny

Barbara H. 05-05-2012 04:11 AM

Hi Sheila,
You have my thoughts and prayers. I can hear your frustration, and you certainly have a right to be upset. There are new drugs in the pipeline, and as you know, the focus is on targeted therapy that is easier on us. My wish is that you will receive the right combination soon. You are working so hard for remission. I could never have driven back and forth for radiation the way you did. You absolutely amaze me.
You are so caring and so loved.
Barbara H.

Lori R 05-05-2012 06:33 AM

Sheila,
You certainly have been the long distance cancer fighting athlete. I completely understand the frustration associated with changing course, gearing up for another uphill mile.

Breath deep, refocus. We are all behind you, giving you that extra boost to get to the crest of this latest hill.

I am such a champion of Abraxane. It looks like taxol worked for your earlier and the Abraxane is relatively manageable. While it isn't a cure it is bearable to go on it for 6 months and then get a bit of a break. A woman at my center does a low dose, 2 weeks on and 1 week off. She's been doing this for over 2 years now. There are still options.

Enough of the armchair quarterbacking....sending you the strongest healing vibes possible.

Love, Lori

Emelie B 05-05-2012 08:31 AM

Dear Sheila,
Prayers and positive vibes coming your way. I hope you will get the break you are seeking very, very soon.
Take care,
Emelie

Ceesun 05-05-2012 02:49 PM

Sheila, I am saying special prayers for you. Love, Ceesun

Mtngrl 05-05-2012 05:37 PM

Dear Sheila,

I was just thinking about you the other day. When I read your post I said a prayer for you right then and there.

You are a beacon, a guiding light, a sister and friend. I've never met you, but I love you anyway. I completely agree that you need a break. May it be so.

Love,

Jean 05-05-2012 05:39 PM

Sheila,
You are my hero as you always manage to rise above all the fences. This is another fence which I know you will climb....heal and soon enough get on the taxotere.

You will have all my prayers....hugs and lots of love being sent to you also.

Jean

rhondalea 05-05-2012 06:37 PM

I send you healing thoughts every day, but I'll think 'em harder and stronger and send 'em faster...starting right now.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, but you've beaten the beast senseless before, so I know you can do it again. And in the darker moments, if you feel yourself losing faith, just come back and read this thread and know that we're all keeping faith for you.

You will do this. No doubt.

yanyan 05-05-2012 10:25 PM

Sending you prayers and that you will sail through this treatment with great results!

KsGal 05-06-2012 12:53 AM

Sheila...Big cyberhugs to you. You are truly an example and an inspiration to myself and many others. I send you all the positive energy I can muster, and certainly prayers. I hope you can start that taxotere asap.

pibikay 05-06-2012 05:25 AM

Sheila We will be praying for some relief for you

Margerie 05-06-2012 07:14 AM

I am wishing you a beautiful day, full of sun and flowers and good times :) I hope you can spend time letting lose!

Also wishes of relief and comfort and treatment results. I don't think that is too much to ask :)

Delaney 05-06-2012 07:17 AM

Sheila, thinking of you. Am in a similar situation. I was doing ok until I had surgery to my back. Then little bumps began reappearing on my front, near my neck. I started navelbine with herceptin this week, no response yet.a lesion also appeared in my brain, no symptons, I get steriotactic radiation this week for that but the fact that it appeared so quickly (last had one zapped in Dec). I dont hold out much hope. I've been wishing I will die suddenly in my sleep. I'm such a coward, hate to see my family hurting. I will be thinking good thoughts for you, the fact that you have no internal organs affected is indeed a good sign. Best wishes.

KDR 05-06-2012 08:12 AM

Hi, Sheila,
A fighter like you just needs to breathe, you're gonna be alright. Give yourself some time to regroup, and you'll be off and running again.
Love
Karen

StephN 05-06-2012 12:14 PM

Been praying for you since 2004 or 05! Whenever it was we met.

I wish I knew more about local-regional neoplasms, but I am sure there is some good science going on about your problem.

Perhaps there are so few with cancer like yours that good data is hard to get. The Halaven did good things for you - any way to get that drug again? Can't recall if it is approved yet.

Your bumps are like the moles and voles in my gardens. Go after them in one area and they just move to another spot! Dang pesky underground creatures!

chicagoetc 05-06-2012 02:29 PM

Sheila,

Prayers, yes! You need a break. You are incredible, probably my hero.

Melanie