HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tykerb for Stage III BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27915)

eileen 04-16-2007 08:52 AM

Tykerb for Stage III BC

Does anyone know of any clinical trials for tykerb for stage III breast cancer for people who have already completed their treatment with herceptin?

naturaleigh 04-16-2007 09:46 AM

Tykerb

I am a stage 2B, but my onc. said Tykerb would be a option for me if my cancer returns. I will finish my herceptin in 4 weeks.

Margerie 04-16-2007 11:47 AM

I don't think there is one. It would be fantastic, as the cost of Tykerb is prohibitive. I could fly to Paris once a month for less!

Odette 04-16-2007 01:42 PM

Dear Eileen,

that was my question too!
I have researched it, called Tykerb etc. and the answer is no, there is not one. My oncologist is going to put me on it anyways along with Xeloda, but I have no idea if my insurance is going to pay for it or not.
Probably not because their policy is to pay for approved drugs only 6 months after they were approved. Crazy system, huh?

Well, if this is the case perhaps Tykerb will get me some assistance.
My doctor's office just faxed the prescription/application form to Tykerb, and the way I understand Tykerb will contact my insurance company to see whether they are willing to pay or what.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you are doing!

Good luck,

Odette

michele u 04-23-2007 08:52 PM

I don't think they will do any trials for us that have been on Herceptin already. They want people that have NOT taken it so they can try to prove that it is as good as Herceptin first line. Money you know!

Unregistered 03-06-2011 01:14 PM

Re: Tykerb for Stage III BC

There is a trial for stage3. I am on it. I was lucky to be picked for the trial.

I am newly diagnosed with stage 3a her2 breast cancer.

anna4969 03-06-2011 09:07 PM

Unregistered
Can you please tell us more about the trial you are on.

Thanks

feonad 03-08-2011 09:55 AM

What do u want to know? It herceptan for a year. year. 3 pills a day during chemo.n. 4 pills after chemo. Till one year is over. Ending one year from start of treatment. Standard chemo. I forget what. Terrible the chemo. Very difficult to take tykerb day after chemo.

Typing on iPod. Hard.

The doctor said I was lucky to get in trial. Some were picked for hercepan only.

U have to check around and see which cancer place is participating I think.

feonad 03-08-2011 10:13 AM

Insurance company is paying for pills. No free pills.

feonad 03-08-2011 10:22 AM

I wonder if tykerb cares would have all the trials. I will try to call

feonad 03-08-2011 10:34 AM

Called. Told me to got to

Clinical trials.gov

Put in tykerb. Stage 3. Breast

There are trials for stage 2 and stage 1. You can put in the state too to see what state have it or read trial description.