HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Today Is Fifteen Years With Mighty Oak!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33160)

Believe51 03-19-2008 11:14 AM

~Today Is Fifteen Years With Mighty Oak!!!

What a happy day here in my heart, today marks 15 years from the day we met. Another milestone. The morning was a bit emotional for me....mind wanted to rebel and scream that our story is not done yet!!! I felt kind of sad until I pushed away those feelings of being robbed again from cancer. Just allowing those thoughts to flourish lets cancer steal more from us. After all, Mighty Oak stands tall besides me; he is still here and we are still composing our story.

Imagine that he was my first and only blind date AND I did not even want to go. Sometimes when I am sad I think back to that day and how I almost did not get the gift God had created just for me. I went against one of my feelings and found all of the man that Daddy told me I deserved.

And once more I must say that if Ed was going to get sick I am so thankful that he was sent to me!! My life is truely blessed having him in my world and he is everything I thought true love should be.

Thank you all for listening to me today, I needed to share some of the finest feelings I have ever experienced. He is my life, my Warrior, my Angel.

Ed......"You Are My Sunshine", need I say more??

Love You All>>Marie G

Jackie07 03-19-2008 11:22 AM

Marie G,

Thank you for sharing your "loving" feelings. My husband and I are going to celebrate our 20th anniversary this summer. And my oh my, did time fly fast! "...in health, in sickness..."

tousled1 03-19-2008 11:47 AM

Congratulations Marie! I know that this is a very special day for both you and Ed - fifteeen years! But not too worry I'm confident that you will have many more years together to celebrate. Ed is a warrior -- he's proved it time and time again. My love to both of you.

Jade 03-19-2008 11:58 AM

Happy Anniversary Marie and Ed!

You were meant to find each other. He sounds like a fine man, and a very lucky one to have you in his life. We've never met but I know you are a truly amazing woman whose love knows no bounds. With you by Ed's side, I know he can beat this, against all odds.
Love,
Jade

Believe51 03-19-2008 12:11 PM

Jackie07

I do not know where the time went but I asked God if he gives us more we will remember every second!! LOL. The 'In sickness' and 'In health' reminds me of a poem I wrote for his one year cancerversary.......if interested search for 'Husband's One Year cancerversary Poem'. Those words are sacred to us>>Love>>Believe51

lexigirl 03-19-2008 02:24 PM

Happy Anniversary Ed and Marie!! I am so happy that you found each other and that you decided to go out on that blind date!! You were meant to be together!!

Hugs,
Lexi

Faith in Him 03-19-2008 02:27 PM

Congratulations on fifteen years. I wish you many, many more. I think you are both very fortunate to have found each other.

Tonya

Jeanette 03-19-2008 02:29 PM

Happy anniversary Ed and Marie. My husband and I just celebrated our 46th anniversary. Seems just like yesterday that we met at the local dance hall. Blessings and hugs, Jeanette

IRENE FROM TAMPA 03-19-2008 04:03 PM

Happy 15th Marie and Ed

How lucky both of you are to have found each other. That kind of love comes once in a lifetime and you are both so fortunate to have it in yours.

One of my daughters has a sign over her door that say's

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER......

they are also soul mates as you and Ed

congrats again

Liz J. 03-19-2008 04:49 PM

Happy Anniversary

Dear Marie & Ed,

Happy 15th anniversary. Congrats to you and many, many more. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Mary Jo 03-19-2008 05:37 PM

Happy Anniversary Ed and Marie.......I'm thanking God for your time together - for the love you share and for the gift each of you are to us here on the board.

Love to you both...............

Mary Jo

Jean 03-19-2008 06:15 PM

Hi Marie,
May have been a blind date, but you sure could see he was the sweetie for you....you are a wise woman my dear.

Enjoy your anniversary with joy and I know you will be blessed with more years.

Sending a huge hug to both of you.
Jean

Sheila 03-19-2008 06:27 PM

Marie
Congratulations to you both....love can be the best thing ever when 2 people are truly soulmates, which you and Ed have shown to be in a grand way.....my Dad always told me you have to kiss alot of frogs before you meet your prince......you were so lucky. May you and Ed be blessed with many many more years of loving each other....you both deserve it!

sassy 03-19-2008 06:45 PM

"And the greatest of these is LOVE".

Thanks for sharing your story of love with us.

Congratulations!

Joan M 03-19-2008 08:01 PM

Marie, You and Ed are the best! Here's to many more years together. Cheers, Joan

kimber 03-20-2008 10:12 AM

Happy anniversary Ed and Marie. God truly does work in mysterious ways! I was also set up on a blind date with my husband. He has not had it easy so to speak being with me. First thyroid cancer, then breast cancer. However, you listen to him and he would not trade me for the world! (Why - I can't figure!) I guess my point is no one knows what is in store for us. Health wise, love wise, money wise, etc., We just need to have faith that God is there to help us through and with whatever it is that comes our way.

God made sure to put you in Ed's life to love him the way he deserves to be loved. He put YOU in all of our lives to help us find the courage and strength to get through our trying and sometimes impossible times and situations. It is because of your strength and conviction Marie that a lot of us can muster up ours.

Heres to you and Ed - Cheers my friend. May you have many great quality of life years ahead!!

Love - kim

Vi Schorpp 03-20-2008 11:14 AM

Marie

Happy anniversary to you and Ed. My husband and I were blind dates also (his cousin married to my cousin) and were married one month shy of 32 years. You and Ed were meant to be together and I'm glad you found each other!

MJo 03-20-2008 12:15 PM

I think that to love and to be loved is a wonderful thing. Happy Anniversary.

tricia keegan 03-20-2008 01:33 PM

Happy Anniversary!

Marie and Ed and am sure you'll have many more together to celebrate. Talking of celebrations I hope you have something nice planned for both of you!

Believe51 03-20-2008 01:37 PM

Thanks once again for being YOU

"These friends are unbelieveable"....straight from Ed's mouth. We read your posts before we started our evening. Of course our night started with food, glorious food. I was a little scared though because after we ordered our dinner, Ed had to go to the car for air. He had the worst case of 'wanting to pass out' and I asked him again to let me know when this happens so I could atleast help him to the ground.

We ate and we ate some more. It was raining here last night and the long ride we took was even better because of it. The fog hung low when we settled at the ocean. Although it was our special evening we spent a part of it discussing y'all (Bill are you listening??). We laughed, we cried, we made plans, yes plans for the future.

The next celebration will hopefully be 'dancing with NED'. I once asked him where he wanted to go when we got the other half of our miracle.....anywhere in the world, his reply: "Iggy's Doughboys on the water, Marie. As long as I do not have cancer and you are by my side, I do not care." So when we get to that point I am planning on a celebration for all whom love Ed, at Iggy's (famous stomping grounds around this area). And yes fine friends, there will be plenty of jasmine and honeysuckle.>>Believe51

Thanks for loving us