HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Where, oh where, is my hair?? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61603)

crb 08-06-2014 11:43 AM

Where, oh where, is my hair??

It's been 10 weeks since completing chemo and still very little hair growth :( Never was completely bald, and it has only grown in enough to slightly cover my head (so short, I can't even measure it). I've been taking a multivitamin, along with Biotin to try to get something more to grow. Is it normal to take this long to get growing?

Worried now about permanent hair loss, which I made the mistake of Googling...

jaykay 08-06-2014 04:59 PM

Re: Where, oh where, is my hair??

It takes a while, try not to worry. I finished chemo March 2013 and didn't go wigless until mid-September 2013. And it was still short! You will start a growing spurt soon. I obsessed because I had really thick curly hair that grew like a weed. It's to growing like a weed and thick and curly.

But don't ask me about my eyebrows :-(

Best

Janis

Lnmum 08-06-2014 07:20 PM

I know what you mean! It's just too hot to wear wigs. Hopefully you will grow more hair soon. Why do men shave their heads, and no one even thinks twice about it?

Kkmom 08-06-2014 07:25 PM

Crb,
I finished my last chemo last year in late May. My hair really did not start growing back until late August. Once it started growing, it grew really fast.

caya 08-06-2014 07:49 PM

I finished chemo in early May 2007, and it was mid August 2007 (a very hot summer that year) that I stopped wearing wigs and scarves. If you are still on Herceptin, that can slow down hair growth.
I was one of the few whose hair grew back straight, and less gray. I had very thick curly hair before chemo, I always prayed for straight hair, and I figured after all I went through, I deserved something good!

all the best
caya

hopingmind 09-19-2014 09:02 AM

I have a friend who works with Bosley. She always said that they give free consultations, so you may want to check them out. I have had problems with hair loss myself and I am planning to visit their clinic in Indiana.

Carol Ann 09-19-2014 12:09 PM

Mine is taking its sweet ol' time, too. I have 3 more Herceptins to go and I'm hoping it will take off a bit more after I finish after reading all the posts I've seen here.

Carol Ann

crb 09-20-2014 08:39 PM

Finally starting to grow back slowly, but at least evenly! Gotten up the courage to show a few friends and even just wear bandanna out at the fields (just to darn hot in S. FL) and nothing at home.

Told everyone I've gone from a Minion to a Buddhist Monk to rockin the Sinead O'Connor look ;)