HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Songs to relate to..... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33209)

harrie 03-22-2008 10:20 PM

Songs to relate to.....

During chemo I use to listen to this song over and over again.....

Bad Day by Daniel Powter
Another one, by Bob Marley.....Three Birds

Anyone want to mention any songs they like to use for their music therapy?

Maryanne

Bill 03-22-2008 10:42 PM

Ok, Harriecanary, you reminded me that when Nikki and I would boil crabs up after a canoe trip, I would throw in the Bob Marley, and that is a great song, and the Daniel Powter one is, too. Another song we loved, and I don't know the artist or title, so I need some help here, but the lyrics are something like, "even the best fall down sometime, even the wrong words seem to rhyme, but in the end, you and me collide", or something like that.

harrie 03-22-2008 10:53 PM

Bill.....hey, I love my new name, Harriecanary!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!

I love reggae a lot. I LOVE dancing to reggae. In fact I just absolutely love dancing....and...I love this line I picked up from Happy Feet that dancing is just another way of singing.

Those words you wrote are not familiar.

BTW, I really love that pic of you and Nikki. Another BTW....when my hair was gone, when I wasn't using my wig I use to use a lot of those scarfs you are wearing in your pic. I have all kinds of colors....
Now sometimes I just roll it up and use it as a sweatband when I workout.

Bill 03-22-2008 11:04 PM

yeah, Harriecanary, I always have a "do-rag" with me on a canoe trip. You dip 'em in the river and then flap 'em up onto your head and they keep you cool,and then if they dry out, you just wet them up again. I've got about 10 or 12 now. I'm glad you like your new name. Love ya, Bill

harrie 03-22-2008 11:24 PM

Did Nikki wear em too? Since the hair loss I now love scarves and baseball caps.
I 've got 4 guys in my living room playing music right now. One on keyboard, one acoustic, one bass and one rhythm. Every so often I jump in with the shake-shake thing or hit the drums (lightly).
Well Wild Bill......huh...how do you like that.....WILD Bill!!!

madubois63 03-23-2008 01:12 AM

Here you go Bill -

HOWIE DAY LYRICS

"Collide"

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah

I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide

Don't stop here
I lost my place
I'm close behind

Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide

Bill 03-23-2008 03:16 AM

Thank you, Madam Dubois, that's the one. I love that song. And yes, Harriecanary, Nikki wore the scarves and baseball caps, too. She had all kinds of them.

Joy 03-23-2008 06:37 AM

songs

I have used "3 Little Birds" too. And when I was diagnosed our house had a nest of returning barn swallows and there were always 3 babies every spring-i took it as a sign.

I also use Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" and "Alive" and "I Believe in Miracles" both by Pearl Jam.

harrie 03-23-2008 05:45 PM

I just downloaded Collide from i-tunes. It is a GOOD song. Thanks for telling me about it.
Are there any other songs you really like Wild Bill?

Aloha,
Harriecanarie

Bill 03-23-2008 06:07 PM

Aloha, Harriecanary! Nikki liked "I am not my hair" by India Arie, and I first heard "Duncan", by Paul Simon about a year ago, and now I like it alot. Let me know what you think.

duga35 03-23-2008 07:12 PM

Since I am a huge Rolling Stones fan, I would have to say that the song that I have listened to the most is Gimme Shelter. I especially like a live version that I have of Keith singing lead while playing with the Expensive Winos back in 92

I actually listen to everything from classical to country. The only music that I don't really care for is rap. I just don't understand it.

Harrie, I saw Van Halen in Cleveland back in December, and they had a Marley band open for them. I forget his first name, but IMHO they stole the show and sounded way better that VH did. I really enjoyed them.

Keith Richards also loves reggae

harrie 03-23-2008 08:22 PM

Doug,
I wonder if the band that opened was The Wailers? Bob Marley's son is in that band. I saw them here in Hilo a few yrs back.

You should ck out that song that Bill mentioned called Collide. It is really good. Actually, it reminds me the style of James Blunt.

Harriecanarie

Bill 03-23-2008 09:01 PM

Yeah, Doug, that's one of my favorite Stones songs. Also, I think the Keith Richards song, "She's My Little Rock and Roll". And then another favorite song I have, can't remember all the lyrics, but it's something like, "Camptown Races, sing this song, Duga, Duga, Camptown Races, five miles long, oh, the Duga day...."

harrie 03-23-2008 09:55 PM

Yea Wild Bill!!!

Goin' to run all night
Goin' to run all day
I bet my money on a bob-tailed face
Dougs gonna win THIS RACE!!!!

Yea, you go Big Guy!!!!

harriecanarie......

hutchibk 03-23-2008 11:07 PM

Elton John - Come Down in Time, Amoreena, Mellow... ZZ Top - Just Got Paid Today... The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony... Oasis - What's The Story Morning Glory... Crowded House - Weather With You... And the list is endless.

That was Damian Marley, Duga. And VH is currently on tour hold as it seems Eddie is in 'treatment' in the San Antonio area.

Bill 03-24-2008 05:02 PM

Yeah, Hucklebuck, you gotta lot of good ones there, too.

juanita 03-24-2008 05:29 PM

Y'all have lost me. I listen to country. Like the very good looking Tim Mcgraw, Keith Urban or Kenny Chesney. My 2 favorites would be "Tough" and "Fall".

Becky 03-24-2008 06:09 PM

When I was done with chemo and rads (remember that I didn't start Herceptin until 2 months after rads) I started to listen to the Dead's Terrapin Station. When I was in the middle of rads, our Thouroughbred mare foaled a nice colt who we thought we might race (but he was too nice for that kind of life so he is being trained to be a hunter). His registered Jockey Club name is "Move Me Brightly"

The song Terrapin Station has a line in it "Inspiration, move me brightly".

hutchibk 03-24-2008 06:17 PM

Move Me Brightly - I love that name!

hutchibk 03-24-2008 06:18 PM

I love me some country, too Juanita! I listen to it all.