HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Joy Column (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29652)

hutchibk 08-20-2007 12:33 PM

Joy Column

This is an offshoot of Bonnie's post on another thread. I propose we keep it going daily, and post something joyful that we felt, saw, did, experienced, received, learned, woke-up to, etc..... whenever we feel like sharing. It is important to keep connected to the joyful experiences during our journey. No matter how big or how small. They are what keep us going and kicking and fighting to make it around the next corner!

hutchibk 08-20-2007 12:35 PM

I woke up to find my gorgeous and CRAZY Maine Coon Cat curled up in the new vessel sink in the bathroom today. Good gawd that critter brings smiles to my face... never-ending. He is a KOOK! He just looked at me like "what? you got this for me to sleep in, right?"

He wouldn't let me brush my teeth. He kept jumping back up and trying to crawl back in, even with the water on. Did I say he's not the brightest bulb... not all the time anyway.

LOL

Mary Jo 08-20-2007 01:11 PM

I found Joy today in just being alive and well. It's not because of the weather, that's for sure. Gloom, rain and cold. BUT I'm alive and healthy ANDhttp://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon7.gif most of all loved by our God. What more is there??????????

Great idea Brenda.

Mary Jo

Believe51 08-20-2007 01:44 PM

Aye Aye!!

I agree. Breast cancer was not going to rob me or make me bitter about life. It has taken enough from us thank you very much!! I have worked very hard to try to bring back the normalcy that my hubby and I so yearned for. We have that laughter back and there are many stories that we would love to share about JOY.

And I too have a Maine Wave cat, huge orange cat with a "M" on his forehead that means "Mommy" LOL!! Won't find him in the sink though...tub maybe; where he can get all wet and 'let' me towel him dry.

Today's Joy: Being able to kiss my husband's bald head and thank him for being the fighter he has always been!! For being able to hold his hand and feel it. One year 9/7/07 and just thankful we have this time they did not think we would have!!

Let's do it girls!!>>Believe51

Sheila 08-20-2007 01:53 PM

I found joy today reading this, and also one of my Grandchildren came over, Allison, soon to be a year old....I got a big hug, a sloppy kiss and got to see all 7 of her pearly white teeth when she smiled....being a GRANDMA, HAS GOT TO BE A TRUE GIFT FROM GOD!

Believe51 08-20-2007 02:19 PM

Sheila.....

Cute little story about my 3 1/2 granddaughter Tia. She came to visit and Ed was sleeping off that belly pain. She wanted to see her Grandpa Ed (she has grandparents, great grandparents, and great great grandparents so names are vital for her). I reminded her that when she was sick last time she needed to sleep and be left alone, she did not want to even talk to anyone, she could not eat.

After reminding her of the importance that Grandpa Ed stay sleeping because then his belly did not hurt, she said:

"But Grandma, he is my grandfather", (reminded her why he needed to be in bed) then she repeated it for me!!

"But grandma, he is my grandfather, he is sick and I Loooooooove Himmmmm!!". Guess where that little bugger ended up? Yessir, she gave her Grandpa Ed a big hug when he woke up!!

The little miracles in life, the joys of just being alive and able to hug this small wonder. By the way, she looks just like my son only with blonde hair, when I see her I cannot put aside how she looks like daddy!!>>Believe51

PS. Ed said when he goes in for the next scan to see how the brain mets are he wants the doctor to drill some holes in his head to let the voices out!! ROTFL!! So it looks like bowling is an option if you are not good at pool!! LOL

Love Always>>Believe51

Faith in Him 08-20-2007 03:23 PM

Joy is everywhere. I noticed my hair, eyebrows, and eyelashing are all growing back in and are starting to show some real promise.

My children (9 & 5) are running around the backyard, playing on the waterslide, screaming at the top of their lungs. Also, my wonderful husband of almost 10 years said a most beautiful prayer for me this morning.

And our loving Lord has His hand on all of us today.

DonnaD 08-20-2007 04:55 PM

Brenda,
What a great idea! We often get caught up in the disease and forget we do have so much to be thankful for. Joy is all around us!

We have been camping for the last week. Had a wonderful time hiking and biking. But when I walked into my house I got such a warm feeling. I love my home and all the good memories here!
Donna

Vanessa 08-20-2007 04:57 PM

Joy today was eating a huge ice cream cone. I decided to treat myself. Over the weekend, my joy was spending time with my granddaughter, grandson and of course, both of my daughters. Another joy is cuddling with my little 7 lb. chihuahua, Chico at night.

swanky 08-20-2007 05:03 PM

I got to see my oldest start his first day of Kindergarten. Walked him to school and then picked him up. The little guy looked funny carrying a backpack that is almost as big as he is!

And it was such a quiet day with him gone....LOL

dhealey 08-20-2007 05:04 PM

Joy today was getting out and walking at 5:30 (it's so hot in the evenings) this morning and hearing the birds starting to wake up and seeing the sun rise before going to work. Realizing it feels so good to be alive!!!!.

Thanks for this wonderful idea, what an inspiration!
Debbie

BonnieR 08-20-2007 05:26 PM

Brenda, first of all I feel such joy that you were inspired by my post to do this. What a wonderful idea! Thank you!
I am finally feeling joy today as it is the first one since chemo last week that I have not been in pain.
AND I have 3 different friends coming from out of town all during the next 3 days.
AND we did the final walk through on our remodeled house today.
AND I laughed at your cat story. I could just picture it!

sassy 08-20-2007 06:14 PM

Great joy over the weekend spent with my husband and children, my father and stepmother, my brother, sister-in-law and niece. Taught my sons how to waterski--one of the great joys of my youth.

Joy today as I was in the laundry room folding clothes and my 16 year old son stuck his head in the door and yelled "Love you MOM!"
________
Side effects from prilosec

cafe1084 08-20-2007 07:56 PM

My nine year old was given a guitar last week and he's been "practicing" really hard. So, today I said something to my mom about medical bills. He enthusiastically piped up and said "Mommy, don't worry! Someday we will be rich!" I asked him how that was going to happen and with such intense seriousness, he replied " Well, my guitar career is really going to take off soon." :)

Live life as adventurously as a five-year old with a treasure map

Happy thoughts and peaceful moments,
Steph C

Jeanette 08-20-2007 08:33 PM

Joy is getting every morning and thanking the Lord for another day. Also I checked online today and I only have 19 days until my Eastern Carribean cruise . WOO HOO Best wishes to all my 'Sisters and brothers" Jeanette

AbbyDawg 08-20-2007 09:08 PM

I felt joy today and especially this weekend because I felt so incredibly crummy, lotsa pain, and even had the "trots" on Friday! ... Um, it makes me very happy because I just started the Tykerb TEACH study and I am SO hoping I have the drug and not the placebo ... so I am welcoming anything that could be a side effect and not just my "wishful thinking".

AbbyDawg

Jean 08-20-2007 09:34 PM

Joy today was shopping for a birthday present for my son who will be 23
on 8/23...and planning a birthday dinner party for him.I also had my first 3 month check up with onc. Another added joy is not wearing my wig! My hair has grown enough to ditch the wig.
Yahoo....

Jean

SoCalGal 08-20-2007 10:27 PM

Thanks Brenda

First of all, I thought this was a posting from Joy - my chemo brain. Now that I'm up to speed...

Today I had a mani/pedi with my beautiful daughter, Gina, who will be leaving soon for college. She has been gone most of the summer, so I was truly happy to spend a little time with her.

I am also thankful for this site. I have "met" many wise and wonderful warriors.

xo Flori

Donna 08-20-2007 11:23 PM

little birds

If I turn the water on my garden at just the right time, a whole flock of the cutest little birds comes and bathes in the leaves of the trees as they become drenched. They make soft chirping sounds and the water droplets are like little rainbows as they fluff their feathers to get them all wet.

Yep, that's joyful!

Donna

Believe51 08-21-2007 06:45 AM

My Daily Joy

Today's Joy: I took Joy getting things together for our get-away to celebrate his one year anniversary living with cancer. We are going to the White Mountains Friday 9/7 thru Monday 9/10 at a beautiful bed & breakfast. We will be going to check out the wildlife and wilderness, our greatest loves....animals and the great outdoors!!

I guess I just feel blessed to have this time with my Knight In Shining Armor and that he feels decent enough to even want to go!!

Another Joy: Thankful to have friends as special as all of you, you are my Angel Warriors!!

Believe51