HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Good news today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46202)

Ellie F 07-29-2010 12:39 PM

Good news today

Hi everyone
After an anxious and tearful week I finally decided to ring my onc.I've been having dizzy spells and a strange sensation of falling which seemed to be getting worse.
He saw me as an urgent case within 24 hours and immediately arranged a brain MRI today.Thankfully the scan was normal.
I am so grateful to God, my onc (who was shocked when I kissed and hugged him) and all of you here on the board for the support I receive every day.

Ellie

v-ness 07-29-2010 12:45 PM

Re: Good news today

dear ellie - i am thrilled for you that you got good news and that you put your mind at ease by getting tested. you know, i once had similar symptoms and for the life of me couldn't figure out what was wrong. turns out i had just enough allergy symptoms in my ears, but not enough to make me sneeze or any other symptom i would have recognized. it was a very troubling sensation but at least now i know what it is when it happens. valerie

Sherryg683 07-29-2010 12:48 PM

Great news, nothing like getting clean scans. Now that we have cancer, things that happen that we usually would have ignored get magnified. I can't tell you how many brain MRI's I've had that turned out to be nothing more than sinus infection. I started having these crazy buzzing , vibrating sensations in my head when I would be almost asleep, like something shorting out. My oncologist laughed at me when I told him about it, but ordered a scan anyway. I told him if my head short circuited or blew up, it would be on his conscience. My oncologist jokingly started calling me the crazy brain lady....sherry

Chelee 07-29-2010 01:10 PM

Hi Ellie,
That is wonderful news! I am doing the happy dance for you. Woo hoo. That is so nice of your onc to get you in so quickly...it's so stressful/scary when we have symptoms and aren't sure what the cause is. But it's sure a good feeling when you get the all clear! :)

It's nice to hear good news...go out and celebrate.

Chelee

tricia keegan 07-29-2010 02:37 PM

Ellie, I can only imagine your relief, enjoy that feeling!!!:)

CourtneyL 07-29-2010 05:13 PM

Oh Ellie, I'm so sorry you had to go through that horrible anxiety of thinking something was wrong. Thank GOD your scan was normal. No one will ever accuse us Stage IV gals as being oversensitive or hypochondriacs. With this disease, you just never know. I am glad you are so vigilant and that you take charge of your health. This will help you continue to thrive. Much love to you from across the pond!!!

Laurel 07-29-2010 05:52 PM

Gosh, Ellie, so glad it was a false alarm! Wouldn't want to loose one our favorite Brits! Hope you're celebrating with something that will make you truly dizzy! LOL.

Jackie07 07-29-2010 06:24 PM

Ellie and Sherry,

So glad to hear the good news!

I wondered if the weather (tropical storms, etc) change has anything to do with our 'dizziness, falling sensation...'. I was experiencing the same thing and went to my family doctor today. (Mainly because I've had some strang bowel change) He ordered a complete blood count and it came back normal (actually the number's much better than 6 months ago.)

I'm supposed to bring back the stool sample kit next Monday. Judging the way I am feeling right now (the abnormality happend last weekend) there's probably nothing to be concerned about.

But we must remain vigilant...

jhandley 07-30-2010 04:20 AM

Hi ellie
Once I had a reloading dose of herceptin given by mistake over 45 minutes instead of 90. I was ill for a week..felt like I was on a boat, falling, weird sensations...etc.
Other times I have had funny vertigo moments ..I think it is the herceptin that does this to us.

Jackie (down under)

yankeebikachic 07-30-2010 06:26 AM

Hooray for Ellie, must be a huge burden off your mind!

Faith in Him 07-30-2010 08:26 AM

Yeah ..Great news.

Joan M 07-30-2010 02:51 PM

Ellie,

Great news!

Joan

CarolynME 07-30-2010 03:20 PM

Ellie,

This is great news indeed!!!

sassy 07-30-2010 08:04 PM

What wonderful news!

I remember my onc telling me something very important when I was concerned over a symptom and requested a scan......"There's something to be said for peace of mind." Amen!

Lori R 07-31-2010 08:29 AM

Ellie,
A big sigh of relief for you!!!

Thank you for taking the time to post good news. It is such a reminder to us all that while being vigilant is the best approach, our aches/pains do not always mean the worst.

Sooooo happy for you....Lori

Ellie F 08-02-2010 02:40 AM

Many thanks for all the good wishes and suggestions.I find it hard to post good news when so many are having a hard time. This time I just hoped it may lift everyones spirit while we race for our cure.

Hugs
Ellie

mmoons 08-02-2010 05:41 PM

Oh Ellie....so happy for your good news!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen

Midwest Alice 08-02-2010 05:59 PM

Thanks for posting your good news.... I am so glad you had the scan. We have to watch the signs and act. Thinking of you, Alice

Barbara2 08-02-2010 08:54 PM

That's wonderful, Ellie! Oh, how we can relate! Now go celebrate your good news and renewed energy!

Sheila 08-04-2010 06:10 AM

Ellie
So happy the report was normal.....time to celebrate the good news!