HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Christine has passed away (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58215)

Danielle 05-25-2013 04:30 PM

Christine has passed away

I just wanted to take the time to let you all know my mom, the founder of this group, and your sister through this fight has just recently passed away. I was able to read her all of the messages you all sent in her final hours, and I stressed to her that what she was able to accomplish in her time was so unique and so inspiring. I made sure to remind her of all the lives she's saved and all of the women she's empowered, right down to my sister and me.

If any of you are able to make it out here, I'd love to see as many HER2 faces as possible at her funeral service. I do know the visitation will be at El Camino Memorial at 360 Melrose Avenue, Encinitas, CA 92024 and her funeral will more than likely be held nearby the site of her burial at San Luis Rey Mission in Oceanside.

If for whatever reason you cannot make it and still want to offer something in the way of condolences, my sister and I would prefer donations to the HER2 Support Group in lieu of flowers. You can make a donation in the upper right hand corner of this screen, or if you would prefer, you can also mail a check to the HER2 Support address of 6973 Mimosa Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92011.

Within this organization, both of my parents were able to create a legacy that was so unique and so compassionate, and I want to take this time to thank all of you - from our ladies spearheading all of our advocacy work to the new women who have just recently decided to give this website a chance - for allowing their dream to come into such beautiful and incredible fruition. They loved all of you so dearly, and as their daughters, Debra and I are of course so proud of them.

I hope to see some of you at the services next week. I'll be posting more accurate dates/times as they come in, but right now I'm pretty certain with the holiday weekend, visitations won't be until the end of the next week.

Hugs and may those of you who had the chance to meet my parents never for their memories,
Danielle

CoolBreeze 05-25-2013 05:14 PM

Re: Christine has passed away

Danielle,

Your mom and dad were inspiring and their legacy is not only the organization, but you and your sister. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

Laurel 05-25-2013 05:22 PM

Danielle,

Your mother was one-in-a-million, but then you know that. Thank you for sharing your parents with all of us, and thank you to you and your sister for continuing this wonderful site. I am grateful to your entire family. Your mother will be greatly missed.

Paty 05-25-2013 05:50 PM

Dear Danielle,
I amheartbroken and still in state of a shok. We have lost so many incredible lives this year. Your Mom and Dad and this site that they built for us meant a lot to my life. Going trhough this BC journey without their support would not had been the same for me. Thanks to your parents I was empowered with knowledge about this illness. I am so grateful to them. My condolences to you and Debra who I have the great pleasure to meet too. Let's keep helping lifes as a legacy of your parents beautiful work.

sassy 05-25-2013 06:56 PM

Danielle and Debra,

There is a long line of angels welcoming your Mom home, with Joe at the gates.

Had it not been for this site, I seriously doubt I would be living today. It was here that I gained the knowledge and courage to take a hand in my treatment.

Your Mom's vision and Dad's wisdom opened lifelines to many. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to know and work with them.

Peace and comfort to you.

Pamelamary 05-25-2013 07:20 PM

Danielle and Debra,
I only know of your mother through this site, her wonderful legacy. I am so grateful for the network of knowledge and support she created, and my thoughts are with you at this sad time...... Pam

Mary Jo 05-25-2013 07:33 PM

How proud you must be of your wonderful mother and father. Rejoicing with them both that they are now together again. My heart is sad for you as you grieve their loss.

Prayers for peace and comfort.

Mary Jo

Mandamoo 05-25-2013 08:16 PM

I am so saddened to hear this and see you and your sister much love. I never knew your mum but what she strove to create thorough this site has helped women all over the world. May she be at peace now. May you find joy in your memories.
Amanda x

Bunty 05-25-2013 08:59 PM

Dear Danielle
my condolences to you and Debra on the passing of your mother. This website has helped countless women and men - beyond all our imaginations. Personally, I have been empowered and understood here, and that is because of the dedication of your parents.
Marie

StephN 05-25-2013 09:27 PM

Dear Dani -
Thank you for summoning the courage to write such a beautiful post.

It has been a long, hard time to see your mother in such a state after the strokes started. So many of us have missed her soft spoken, yet wise voice. When she could not see well enough to use the computer she would use the telephone. She continued to help people any way she could, even as her own faculties were changing.

May she and Joe rejoice in each others' long-overdue arms. And rest easy now together.

caya 05-25-2013 09:30 PM

Dear Danielle and Debra,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your dear mother. She and your father were angels on earth, now they are both angels in heaven. This site is their lasting legacy to us all.

all the best
caya

cheery 05-25-2013 11:40 PM

I'm so grateful for this site started by Christine and the wonderful ladies here who've made this site so informative and helpful. Thank you and my condolences to the family of Christine.

michka 05-26-2013 01:06 AM

Danielle and Debra your parents were beautiful persons. I am so sad, so sad. If I am still alive I owe it to this forum. Christine and Joe will never be forgotten. My thoughts go to you both Danielle and Debra, your family and all who loved Christine. Michka

Jackie07 05-26-2013 01:49 AM

"Love never fails."

Christine and Joe had loved each other, their children and grand children, and devoted their time and energy to this support group. The greatest is love. Love endures. And we will continue to follow their steps to practice patience and kindness, to seek the cure ...

Thank you, Danielle and Debra, for carrying on their work.

Joe and Christine are smiling at you and all of us from Heaven ...

NEDenise 05-26-2013 05:03 AM

Danielle and Debra,
I know in my heart that there is a great celebration welcoming your Mom home now that her work here is done. The joy when Christine and Joe were reunited..Wow!

My heart goes out to the two of you...but I hope and pray that your pride in her accomplishments, the glow of her love for you, and the bounty of wonderful memories you share, will bring you comfort.

Thank you both for continuing her work. Like the others have said...I'm not sure I'd still be around without this site that your parents worked so hard to create and enrich over the years. And, I love the idea of making a memorial donation in her name. Consider it done.

My prayers are with you in these difficult days ahead.
Denise

Paula O 05-26-2013 05:46 AM

Dear Danielle and Debra,

I'm so very sorry about your loss of your dear Mom. Your parents certainly did a lovely, generous, impactful thing in putting this site together, keeping it going all these years, and investing their lives in breast cancer advocacy which is a blessing to all of us.

((((Hugs))))),

Paula

Becky 05-26-2013 09:06 AM

My heart is broken but she is now at peace and with Joe again. What a wonderful and inspirational woman Christine was. I will never forget her or the lifeline she provided me and all of us with the idea of this website. Then Joe created this wonderful Christmas gift for her and ALL of us. Their legacy will continue on this site forever and ever.

ElaineM 05-26-2013 03:16 PM

My sympathies to you and your sister. I am very grateful to your parents for starting this website. May your parents be together for all eternity.
Take good care of yourself.

'lizbeth 05-26-2013 06:28 PM

Danielle and Debra,

I couldn't even post right away. I want to tell you how much I appreciate the work that your parents did. Losing your mom and dad are so painful. But you are so fortunate to see the legacy that they left on this board. Like others I came on for sympathy, information, guidance and support.

We can only envision that they are together again and watching over us.

caroline96 05-26-2013 09:26 PM

Dear Danielle and Debra,

I am truly saddened by the news. My deepest condolences for both of you on the passing of your mother. Your parents' advocacy was the reason I am still alive. I really appreciate your decision to keep the legacy. Bless your heart. Your parents' passion for cancer advocacy will live on and continue to inspire everyone who visited this forum.