HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Could this be Skin Mets? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67878)

CutiePie 04-22-2019 03:46 PM

Could this be Skin Mets?

Hi,
I have a quarter sized red mark on my on cancerous breast, my breast surgeon tried a fungal cream which didn't help. He suggested visiting my dermatologist who did a punch biopsy and said it could be breast cancer. I need to wait a couple of days for the results.

Does anyone here know anything about skin mets? I haven't been feeling well for a couple of weeks, but my symptoms are vague. Nothing much to complain or see a MD about. While dressing last week I noticed this mark and sent pictures to my breast surgeon and he wanted to see me right away, so maybe he was worried about something.

Augh I hate this disease. I'm almost 9 years post bilateral mastectomy, could this be mets?

Donna H 04-23-2019 06:28 AM

Re: Could this be Skin Mets?

Hi CutiePie
I have no experience with mets of any kind but I just wanted to chime in and say - stay positive, stay vigilant...and amen - I hate this disease too! Sending good thoughts and positive energy your way.

CutiePie 04-23-2019 08:35 AM

Thank you so much, its so appreciated.

supportwife 04-23-2019 10:24 AM

Hello,

My wife has been fighting skin mets for past 7 years. She underwent several rounds of chemo and 90 radiations to the skin ( a life time max ). Having said that, there were time when there were red spots and it turned out be nothing. However we still freak out about any red marks on her skin. I would suggest be vigilant and get it checked.

All the best and hopefully it is nothing. You will be in my prayers.

tricia keegan 04-23-2019 12:23 PM

I also don't have a lot of info on this, but wanted to send good wishes for your results, keep us posted.

SoCalGal 04-23-2019 04:32 PM

Highly unlikely, especially since your surgeon saw and was unconcerned - seems like a surgeon would recognize mets when he/she saw them. I had skin lymphatic involvement way back in 2004, and mine were weird lines with a snail trial quality to them, shiny and each day they got longer. That wasn't scary or anything. Ha! The odds of general recurrence are about 30%, I don't know the facts on skin mets, but I do not think it's too common to have the recurrence first to skin. Anyhow, good you're doing a biopsy to see. Try not to freak, and one step at a time. And really, Dr Google is not our friend :-)

Becky 04-24-2019 07:26 PM

O had and still have a round red "blob" on my radiated breast. It was and is broken blood vessels. It was biopsied and nothing. As time goes by it looks like broken vessels. Cause for me was skin/vessel damage from rads

Becky 04-24-2019 07:27 PM

PS- mine is also quarter sized