HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   8 years since brain mets ... and counting (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57596)

StephN 03-20-2013 03:22 PM

Re: 8 years since brain mets ... and counting

Thank you all.

Nsebesta - did you have brain mets or only liver mets? You do not have a signature posted.

My brain MRI has been every 8 months for a couple of years. I get a CT of chest, abdoman and pelvis once a year now. These are two separate doctors - one follows my head and the other follows by body from ears down.

I also have frequent blood draws and 3 different tumor markers checked, so I have a lot of coverage to tip off to any disease getting active again.

Joan M 03-20-2013 04:45 PM

Steph,

You are my inspiration!! Congratulations!!!

Joan
xo

nsebesta 03-20-2013 04:59 PM

Steph - I only had liver mets - 2 of them in 2004. Had surgery in Feb 2005 to remove them. NED since then. I've been through 4 oncologist at MDAnderson. So for about 6 yrs I had CT scans, chest x-rays, mamograms, etc. every three months. I just finally put my foot down b/c I thought that was to much radiation. If I would have had active disease I could understand so many scans and test. One doctor was about to stretch it to 6 mos and then left. She apparently didn't put it in my file and the next 'new' doctor didn't want to do that right away.
I too have blood work done at the same time. I've discussed with my doctor going off herceptin - I'm just not brave enough yet. What made you decide to stop?

ElaineM 03-20-2013 05:08 PM

Congratulations !! Keep up the great work. Whatever you are doing is working.

SusanN 03-21-2013 10:37 AM

AMEN!! I have to say I got "Glory Bumps" reading this!!
I am so happy for you StephN!! :)
I have followed a bit of your posts...ALL of your are bringing me SO much wisdom, knowledge & encouragement!!!

Tomorrow, I FINALLY get my port placed...then next week celebrate the big "50" bday and will most probably begin my journey of TCH chemo next week as well.
I AM GOING TO TRUST GOD IN ALL OF THIS AND PUT HIM IN THE "DRIVER'S SEAT!!"

I have to say, I THANK GOD for every new day and breath I take as does each one of us!!!

Blessings to ALL of you!!

Rolepaul 03-21-2013 01:10 PM

8 years is fantastic. Nina will be coming up on May 30 with one year of NED. You are definitely an inspiration to all those who have had Brain involvement.

JillaryJill 03-21-2013 02:28 PM

All I can say is Wow....fabulous!!!
Thank you for sharing!!!

KristinSchwick 03-21-2013 02:40 PM

Thanks StephN, you are an inspiration to all of us. I know dear Courtney really looked up to you and learned alot from you. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Kristin

karen z 03-24-2013 09:38 PM

Hooray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

rava 03-25-2013 07:56 AM

That is so great news!! Congratulations!
I love reading your posts since our initial diagnos is so alike.

fullofbeans 03-25-2013 01:06 PM

StephN this is amazing! Very happy for you XX

Jean 03-25-2013 04:00 PM

Steph,
Such Happy News! You are always positive and always displaying hope to all. Continued blessings being sent to you.

Jean :)

LeahM 03-25-2013 05:37 PM

This is wonderful...thanks for sharing!
Leah

Jackie07 03-26-2013 02:31 AM

That is great! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news!

KG1993 03-27-2013 07:38 PM

Great news for those of us who are suffering with brain mets/family members with brain mets! Congrats. You keep the hope alive for us!

Patb 03-29-2013 04:56 PM

Great news, time flies and I cannot believe it has been
that long. What good news.
patb