HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~MichelleH Has Wings Now Too!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33866)

Believe51 05-06-2008 08:47 AM

~MichelleH Has Wings Now Too!!

It is with extreme sadness that I must inform you all that MichelleH is now in Heaven. I spoke with her husband last night and he quickly grabbed the phone. They had just taken her from her home as I was calling there. I am so deeply sad as you all are also. This week has been so tough. Many losses for us her @ Her2support....MichelleH, Kate, Carol.

The last time that MichelleH & Kate were on the site was 4/23/08 and God must have had a plan for these fine Warriors to take them all so close together.

The last thing Michelle and Kate said to me was that they loved me. Friends, I must say that is something glorious for me to carry around with for life! We all talked atleast once a week, both of these Warriors had a way with changing the subject from THEM to "....So how is Mighty Oak? ....And Mom??". They never spent too much time talking about themselves, it was always someone else.

I cry as I write and you are surely crying as you read. These fine friends spent their time supporting us, molding us into something better, someone stronger. They are looking down upon us and I promised I would not cry for long. Just hard losing people this close to us!

I pray for us all to keep on this journey focused, the way they wanted it for us. I pray for a cure or something close to it. I pray for all whom are left behind. Keep them all alive in our hearts. I will have a constant vigil in my mind daily for all whom have been called to Heaven. I shall pray for the children and grandchildren who will grow up without their Mom's and Grandmom's...

The bold print is because I could not get the font right and I cannot see too well.

I love you all. Thank God I have an appointment with Mighty Oak today because I cannot do an entire day at work. My heart is in mourning, my soul feels so empty.

Crying A River>>Believe51

hutchibk 05-06-2008 08:55 AM

Oh Marie - how do you do it? You are an angel among us. I am so heartbroken from the loss of our Her2 friends and sisters. I just have to remind myself that we now have 3 more angels in heaven looking out for us... please extend my deepest love and condolences to Michelle's family. I feel like I have been punched in the stomach. I know God is holding our friends in his hands and they are no longer suffering and for that I am thankful.

Leslie's sister 05-06-2008 09:00 AM

Michelle

Oh Marie. I just posted about Michelle H this morning. Her and Kate have been on my mind so much. I think as much as anything these losses are a reality check for me. I want to live in my "happy place", the place that says this nasty disease is under control with the Big H (Herceptin) This reminds me that there is still much work to be done. You have been a dear friend, Marie, to these lovely women. Thank you for reaching out. Please give her family my, all of our, condolences. I know, in reading Michelle's posts, that they meant everything to her.

My comfort is knowing that our loving Father holds her in His arms...........

Lisa

Gerri 05-06-2008 09:17 AM

This is all so sad. I really don't have the words to express how I feel. My thoughts and prayers are with Michelle's family.

Jean 05-06-2008 09:19 AM

There are no words....

I have not been able to respond to the news of Kate and Carol just yet....and now the news of Michelle leaves me
empty and deeply sad. I pray each day that this maddening disease will be put under control. These are dark and sad days for us.....

These fine women will be long remembered and greatly missed...

Jean

Colleens_Husband 05-06-2008 09:31 AM

Dear Friends:

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of another strong and brave woman. This has certainly been a very hard week for members of this forum. I offer prayers for Michelle and her family which she was so dedicated to.

Lee

SoCalGal 05-06-2008 09:48 AM

My sincere sympathy to her husband and beautiful children. Love never ends and I hope they can soon get to that place.
Flori

lexigirl 05-06-2008 09:58 AM

I am so saddened at the loss of our wonderful sisters. I just don't understand this disease. I have no words. It's absolutely WRONG.

With tears,
Lexi

goops 05-06-2008 09:59 AM

My deepest sympathies to all of her friends and family, this has been a truly sad week.

Sheila 05-06-2008 10:05 AM

Marie
Thank you for keeping close to Michelle till the end....I agree that this week has been devastating to all of us between Carol, Kate and now Michelle....I am sad and I am angry....I told my parents yesterday (both who are 20+ year cancer survivors and in their 80's) that this damn disease picks and chooses...there is no rhyme or reason why some survive and others are called home. I brought my Dad to tears...I think he thought I was trying to tell him something...Again a reminder to all of us to live each day with love, friendship and happiness
Our only consolation is that we have 3 more angels looking down on us and guiding us from above, and how wonderful that those who have gone before... Nicola, Lisa, Sandy in her green shoes, Shell, Lu Ann, Linda, Lynn and many more... are there to greet them.
Sending my deepest sympathy to Michelle's Family ....may her memory be present forever.

Faith in Him 05-06-2008 10:08 AM

This is devastating. Please let her family know that I am praying for them. I am so heartbroken for her husband and beautiful young children. I know with all my heart that Michelle is with God and is at peace.

It makes you want to yell, scream and bang your fist that there is not a cure. That so many beautiful women have to lose their life and children lose their mothers. Instead, I will spend the morning praying for Michelle's family, for Carol's and Kate's family, for all of us and for the researchers and doctors.

Thank you, Marie for being a support to our warriors during the last couple of months. You truly are an angel to us.

Hugs
Tonya

StephN 05-06-2008 11:01 AM

Fly away from this disease, dear MichelleH! You have overcome it in another way.

Everyone will miss you so, but we will honor you by trying to stay strong and keep helping each other as best we can.

When my flowers bloom, I will know they are for you. If the hummingbirds visit them, I will know they were sent by you.

lilyecuadorian 05-06-2008 11:05 AM

Oh StephN ...how you can write some beutyfull words on this ...AMEN for everything you said .........I will know for my flowers and veggies are from MichelleH to me ...I will know and we all know is from MichelleH ..................

Yorkiegirl 05-06-2008 11:13 AM

Oh no. I am so very heart broken again. This is all just so much.

Please let Michelle's family know that they are in my prayers and thoughts. Once again God's arms will be open and surround another family during a difficult time.

Thank you so much Sweet Marie for all that you do. My thought's and prayers are with you as well.

Vi Schorpp 05-06-2008 11:13 AM

Marie

Thanks for the update and for being there with everyone. What a big loss we've had and their families have had. My deepest most sincere sympathy to all.

basset girl 05-06-2008 11:24 AM

I am so saddened by the loss of our three beautiful sisters. May God give their children and families peace and comfort during this time. This is such a sad week.

abitjaded 05-06-2008 11:33 AM

Ah crud. I'm complaining about zits and I see this. My best angel dust to friends and family.

Carla

PinkGirl 05-06-2008 11:49 AM

Thank you Marie for doing the difficult job of posting this sad news. StephN, I like the imagery of Michelle flying away from this crappy disease - like a beautiful shooting star.

So sad.

tricia keegan 05-06-2008 12:34 PM

Sad news indeed:(

Maire thank you for posting this sad news and also for being such a good friend to Michele H...like everyone else here I'm overwhelmed with sadness at our loss's this past week but know they are all in a better place and pain free. This disease can no longer hurt them.
My thoughts and prayer's are with you Marie and all Michele's family through these sad days.

Mary Anne in TX 05-06-2008 12:57 PM

Maria, thank you for caring so much about our Her2 sisters and caring enough to tell us in such a sweet way. Heartbreaking news again. But I know that Michelle poured herself into her children and has left them filled with her sweetness, commitment, and love. May her flight be filled with glory. ma