HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   One year of TDM1. NED! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58048)

michka 05-08-2013 01:07 PM

One year of TDM1. NED!

I am still sad and shocked by the lost of some of our beautiful HER2 sisters so I was hesitating to post.
But then I thought I had to share hope with the sisters who are in trouble!
Like our Dear Chrisy who gave me hope and strength to fight for TDM1.
I started TDM1 a year ago and now I am NED. I had more than a dozen of tumors in my lungs, liver, thorax abdomen.
TDM1 has not been easy for me but who cares? I only hope it will work forever and I know how lucky I am it is working for me. They lowered the dosage the last round for the second time so I could feel better. I am a little afraid because nobody knows what the minimal dosage is but it is true that my pain in the chest is gone.
I remember trying to visualize during my first TDM1 infusion that it was going to blast every stupid cancer cell. And it did.
I hope it will keep me NED, I hope it will bring other sisters to NED, I hope it will be available fast all over the world and I hope it will be successful in the neoadjuvant trials.
Love to all. Michka

StephN 05-08-2013 01:13 PM

Re: One year of TDM1. NED!

WOW! I am SO happy for this post that you have come back to NED.

It has been a difficult road, but what great results. It just keeps proving that for some people it is a wonderful drug. Keep in mind that Chrisy spent three years on T-DM1 and started in the early years of the trial.
Hoping that with more and better information, you can do even better.

ElaineM 05-08-2013 03:00 PM

Congratulations !! Keep up the great work !! I am very happy for you.
This is certainly wonderful and hopeful news for other people on T DM1 and for people hoping to get the drug in the future.

Laurel 05-08-2013 03:49 PM

Yea, Michka! Thank you for the wonderful news! We have had a drought of it lately.

NEDenise 05-08-2013 07:44 PM

Yay Michka!!!

I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations!
Thanks for the great news...ALWAYS welcome here! :)

Sending love and light across the miles...
Denise

PS - I can almost see Chris doing the happy dance for you from above!

Mandamoo 05-08-2013 07:56 PM

Oh wow! I remember Howard things were for you before you started! Stories like this give us all hope. We never know when something wonderful may come our way and grab the opportunity to reach for NED. May your dance together be long and slow.
A xx

CoolBreeze 05-08-2013 07:58 PM

I'm so happy to hear about this for you! But, you say that it hasn't been easy - what do you mean by that? TDM1/Kadcyla will be my next drug and I'm having such a rough time with Gemzar that I am not sure I want to do another rough one. My doctor said TDM1 is easier than Gemzar but I'm also sensitive (which surprised me).

Not sure I can live the rest of my life on this drugs and struggling so much so unlike you, I am not sure all is worth it.

What are your SEs?

KsGal 05-08-2013 08:10 PM

Congratulations~that is wonderful news. I hope it brings similar results for many, many of our sisters, and continues to work for you forever. Big hugs..and many prayers for continued NED.

Ceesun 05-08-2013 09:05 PM

BRAVO!!! Michka, Vous avez bien fait! Je suis tres heureuse! You deserve this, my dear, as we all do....praise God and your medical team and I hope many others reach NED as well!

Paty 05-08-2013 10:52 PM

Michka, I am soooo happy for you!!! Hugs, hugs and more hugs!!

JennyB 05-08-2013 10:54 PM

Fantastic news well done to you may the dance be very long xx

Bunty 05-08-2013 11:40 PM

Michka! Thank you thank you for sharing your wonderful news. Long may you be NED!
Best wishes, Marie

schoonder 05-09-2013 05:42 AM

Great news Michka.
Kadcyla has now also been approved for Swiss use.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2013...for-swiss-use/

Hopeful 05-09-2013 06:36 AM

Michka,

I am so happy to hear your good news. Best of luck to you as you continue your therapy.

Hopeful

Ellie F 05-09-2013 07:21 AM

So pleased to hear your good news. Thank you for posting x
Ellie

phil 05-09-2013 07:24 AM

Congratulations ! Lorrraines abdominal CT results from yesterday are Clear !! chest pending, but her chest has never been a problem, so we Press On , next scans in Sept.
Lorraine had to reduce dose to 3.0 long ago, mid 2011, and had one tumor left then . that disappeared by Nov. 2011. ned since.
I understand the hesitation to post , but Chrisy and the others , incl our dear friend Jay, would be sooo happy for you. It gives survivors hope. we must push to get t dm-1 appr. in combo w/ other drugs , and to get perjeta appr for stage iv. and for the next new drug, in early trials even now. God Bless.
we are talking with our new Senators office , Eliz. Warren . Shes on the HELP Comm., overseeing This FDA, hopefully these new women in Congress will hear us ! and do something !

caya 05-09-2013 07:41 AM

Felicitations chere Michka!
wonderful news, je suis tres heureuse pour toi!

Mange chocolate, c'est bon pour toi!

all the best
caya

yanyan 05-09-2013 09:56 AM

Congratulations Michka ! We need positive stories !

sarah 05-09-2013 10:02 AM

wow Michka this is fabulous, fabulous news! I am so happy for you. Stay NED and have a wonderful summer with your family and friends.
Maybe sometime we can meet up.
take care
love sarah in the Var

Pamelamary 05-09-2013 10:30 AM

Wonderful news Michka! may it keep working for you, and may the S-E's diminish!
Best wishes..... Pam