HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59493)

dchips1 11-17-2013 02:26 AM

Re: Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson...

I Have also seen side rails at thrift stores as well. I love you opening sentence!!! My 3 and best face plant back in July was over the dog into the dishwasher then the nice soft ceramic tile!. Full on bend the glasses bruise the fat steroid cheek, and holler for help, my 13 year old tries to pick me up, and told him I think I need Dad. I have a 4 wheel rolling walker that I lock into place as my side rail pull my self up out bed thing. I hate steroids and the muscle wasting!! Why do they make most handicap BR stall with no upright bars. It is so sanitary to waste so many seat covers and toilet paper if you can't trust the toilet paper roll with no quad muscles to off the pot!!!!!

Peace and healing prayers to my fair lady

Darita

healing 11-17-2013 06:51 AM

Denise,
Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts and prayers your way! I thought you might enjoy this youtube of Dean. If only it was a marshmallow world, you would have bounced!
Kim

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qndaGVv...%3DqndaGVvoDsM

'lizbeth 11-17-2013 09:43 AM

How did I ever miss this Dean Martin song? That's perfect. I'm so stealing the phrase - "it's a whipped cream day"

CarolineC 11-17-2013 04:56 PM

Love that song-Marshmallow World-it's been on my list to put on my Ipod.

Denise, how are you today? When do you have your procedure this week? How are you feeling after the lumbar puncture? I had one years ago when it was thought I had MS and the head pressure can be incredible. Please tell you've been laying down as much as possible because after the procedure- that is what was recommended for me otherwise when I stood up the pressure got worse.

Geez, your poor face! I hope getting the reservoir in will help to zap those stupid cells! You and others are paving the way for IT Herceptin, but it most be so daunting. I am sending healing thoughts and prayers to you and am glad that there is nothing anywhere else.

norkdo 11-18-2013 07:39 AM

denise!!!!!!!! yay!!!! SO GLAD to hear from you!! I ditto Susan's comment!!! I have been looking for you everywhere, cannot get in again to caringbridge's denise kasander site for some reason...no doubt my tech idiocy! missed you very very much. Nora

norkdo 11-18-2013 07:42 AM

i could not be happier you are in the American Health system in the best of care in the world!!
Ommaya reservoir
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schematic representation of an implanted Ommaya reservoir.
An Ommaya reservoir is an intraventricular catheter system that can be used for the aspiration of cerebrospinal fluid or for the delivery of drugs (e.g. chemotherapy) into the cerebrospinal fluid. It consists of a catheter in one lateral ventricle attached to a reservoir implanted under the scalp. It is used to treat brain tumors, leukemia/lymphoma or leptomeningeal disease by intrathecal drug administration. In the palliative care of terminal cancer, an Ommaya reservoir can be inserted for intracerebroventricular (ICV) injection of morphine.[1]

It was originally invented in 1963 by Ayub K. Ommaya, a Pakistani neurosurgeon.

norkdo 11-18-2013 07:56 AM

darita! what an awul fall!!! so sorry bout that.

KsGal 11-19-2013 03:36 AM

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you this morning, and sent up lots of prayers. Hope things are starting to improve. God Bless you, Denise.

Laurel 11-20-2013 07:07 PM

Hey fellow Pennsylvanian! Just stopped by to see whether you had posted an update. Hoping and praying you are feeling peaceful and improved. Turning blue holding my breath....

BonnieR 11-20-2013 07:21 PM

Thinking of you here too. Hope we get an update soon
Kep the faith

StephN 11-21-2013 06:09 PM

I am very sorry Denise's last post here was on Nov. 14, 2013.

She would have come back here if she could have. We ALL know that. Now it is time to go to her Funny T-shirts thread:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51648

There are other Humor Threads also started by Denise in that forum. To laugh with her is to know her.

norkdo 11-23-2013 12:20 PM

Denise started this thread 11/9/13. Reading the humour, the smartness (travel back in time comment etc) of the initial post, and realizing she would be dead 11 days later, I need a lot more info.