HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   12 years Stage 4 - Still A-OK (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64931)

jacqueline1102 05-31-2016 06:56 PM

Re: 12 years Stage 4 - Still A-OK

Wonderful news, Kim. So happy you are doing so well. And here is to another 12 years and another 12 years.

SoCalGal 05-31-2016 09:12 PM

Happy Birthday Kim! Great post. Great share!! I'm trying to follow in your footsteps...old timers indeed :))
Xxoo Xxoo

Mtngrl 06-03-2016 08:12 PM

Dear Kim,

So great to hear from you. What wonderful news you have to share! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kkmom 06-06-2016 05:51 PM

Kim,
Thank you so much for sharing this milestone. I collect these nuggets of hope and inspiration. Woohoo....big congratulations!!!

Pam

mamacze 06-07-2016 02:45 PM

Hey Ellie F - how nice to see your name pop up! I often think of you with a smile- how are you doing now?? XO

annettchen 06-07-2016 06:10 PM

Hi Mamacze / Kim,

happy, happy birthday! You inspire me - as you did when I was first diagnosed a bit over 2 years ago and completely off my rocker with fear.
I hope I can do what you're doing - so I can see my daughter grow up! If I survuved for 12 years, she'd be 18 - that sounds like an excellent plan!

Thanks so much for posting, I'm really, truly grateful!

Annette

mamacze 06-08-2016 04:45 AM

Hi Annette- and look at you "stable - stable - and Stable"! God willing you too will make it another 12 - and your beautiful daughter will hold you in her arms at her high school graduation. When I was diagnosed with mets 12 years ago my children were 11, 15,16 and 18. I remember railing in anger in my prayers "where is the justice?!". How could a divine provinence allow a 70 year old chain smoking junk food eater live and at the same time allow an otherwise healthy eating excercising mother of 4 die?? And now here I am 12 years later. It is my joy and privilege to hold you and your daughter in prayer. Set your sights high angel, how lucky your daughter is to have a mom who no doubt cherishes every single second that is spent together. Godspeed.

suzan w 06-14-2016 06:25 AM

I just logged in and saw your post!!! Congratulations...these posts make me soooooooooooooo happy!!! I am about to post my own...!!!!!xxoo

lkc Gumby 06-16-2016 12:51 PM

mamaze, congratulations on your mega milestone, so happy for you!

Mary Jo 06-26-2016 08:30 PM

So happy for you,my friend. Praise the Lord for whom all blessings flow.

valleygirl 06-28-2016 03:00 PM

So happy for you!!!! You give me so much hope. I will be 2 years stage 4 in a few weeks with mets to lungs. Haven't reached NED yet, but stable on perjeta and Herceptin.

mamacze 07-05-2016 09:42 AM

Valleygirl - Perjeta and Herceptin are showing promising results - take heart!
Godspeed to you and your family.
Kim (from CT)

jra40 07-05-2016 11:46 AM

Wonderful to see your post Kim! So happy you are doing well and living life to the fullest! Congratulations!

Jackie07 07-06-2016 12:05 AM

Happy (belated) Birthday!

Thank you so (very) much for sharing.

karen z 09-06-2016 07:11 PM

Very inspirational news...........fabulousl

Kkmom 09-10-2016 07:20 PM

Mamacrz,
Congratulations - Year 12, stage 4 and still kicking cancer in the butt. Your post is so good - Thank you - Pam

TiffanyS 09-26-2016 05:12 AM

Hello Mamacze,

As a new person to this forum, it makes me very happy to read that you are still okay after 12 years of cancer treatment. I was diagnosed with HER2 positive breast cancer in January, and had a full mastectomy in February along with 14 lymph nodes removed (eight has cancer in them). After surgery, we found out my tumor was 7 cm! I was in shock as I never even felt a lump! I stared Docetaxel, Carboplatin, and Herceptin in March, and 25 rounds of radiation at the end of July. I also started the drug Tamoxifen in mid-July. Everything was going well until a week before I was supposed to finish radiation. At that time, we noticed that the scab over my scar tissue had come off, and the doctor decided to biopsy the area. It turns out that there were still cancer cells there. I went back to see my surgeon, who told me the growth was left-over from my first surgery, and that he could remove it and all would be fine. In the meantime, my oncologist sent me for tests in order to “re-stage” me. The ultra-sound and bone scan were clear, and the breast MRI showed three small masses in my surgery site, but nothing in the lymph nodes. We were all happy with these results, and I was getting ready to have surgery until we got the results of my CT scan. It turns out that there are new spots on my lungs. One is 1.4 cm, which is not huge, however, there are dots on both my right and left lungs, and a lymph node in my centre chest that is quite large. This means that that cancer has spread! Given these new results, I will no longer be having surgery, and will be starting TDM1 tomorrow, which I will be taking every three weeks for an indefinite period of time. My oncologist is also going to try and get me into some clinical trials. She told me that I am a rarity, and that she’s never known anyone who has gone though the treatment I’ve gone through, and still have cancer. She says that my breast cancer is the most aggressive cancer she’s ever seen, which doesn’t make me feel confident. Based on the research I’ve done on TDM1, the drug looks promising, however, right now, my biggest fear is that my oncologist is going to tell me that I have 6 months to a year to live, even with the new medication, and that’s not what I want to hear at the age of 41! It’s nice to hear that someone else has gone through this and is still around after 12 years, and I am glad that I found this forum in order to read your posts. It’s helpful to know that there are other’s out who have gone through the same thing as me and have survived!