HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Off to MIRAVAL SPA (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31979)

StephN 01-01-2008 10:24 PM

Off to MIRAVAL SPA

Hello gang -
Before the crack of dawn my shuttle will arrive to take me to the airport to catch my plane to Arizona. Guess I will be first one to arrive as I preferred to take a nonstop flight rather than risk getting caught in weather someplace or messed up due to other cancelled flights.

Karen (Still Here) has done a great job of setting up this stay for those of us who could go at this time. I ran into a friend last night who went to Miraval last year and she raved about it!

I am so ready for a break from the cold and damp of the misty woods here. Daytime temps will be up to 70 and NO rain is predicted for the rest of the week there. Whoopee!

Packed all my sweat outfits and just need to find a 1 quart ziplock baggie to put my toiletries in. What a nuisance!

The battery went out in my digital camera so someone else will have to send some pics...

Mary Jo 01-02-2008 05:58 AM

Steph and the rest of you fortunate enough to go away and get pampered.............HAVE A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL TIME. YOU SOOOOO DESERVE IT.http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon7.gif

While I'm sitting here in Wisconsin, with temps. in the single digits and wind chills below zero, I'll be thinking of you - BUT - don't feel bad for me.http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon9.gif

Seriously, enjoy your time together. Soak it all up, rest and relax. What a blessing for each of you.

May God's Peace surround you,

Mary Jo

Believe51 01-02-2008 06:25 AM

Have fun my friend

I certainly am sorry I cannot join you at this spa date and are hoping you can make it for the spring get-together also (greedy, but would love to meet you). Have fun, all of you. You all can regroup and celebrate the wonderful blessings you have recieved. Keeping you in my thoughts for a safe, fun time for all my dear friends. Do not forget to pamper yourselves like the queens you are!! Lots of love and smiles>>Believe51

PS: keep us posted as soon as you get back!!

IRENE FROM TAMPA 01-02-2008 09:00 AM

I am SOOOOOOO jealous

I wish I could be there with all of you but maybe next time.

Have a great, great time and don't think about anything but relaxing and we will be looking forward to hearing about your stay on your return.

Patb 01-02-2008 10:01 AM

Have a great time everybody. The weather sounds great.
patb

Kim in CA 01-02-2008 11:01 AM

Dear Steph and All,

Have a great time spa-ahhhh-ing it up! Sounds like soooo much fun.

We have a great storm heading for the northbay area with lots of rain expected and I'm getting bummed at the thought of it! I know we Californians have it pretty easy weather wise, but I still like to complain in the winter!

Have fun girls, you deserve it ! Kim

Karen W 01-02-2008 11:38 AM

Have a wonderful time. Hopefully I will see you in the spring.

Hugs,
Karen

charlotte 01-02-2008 02:56 PM

I hope you have a great time at the spa...relax and enjoy yourself.. It sounds like you will have so much fun ..

Bill 01-02-2008 05:54 PM

Hey, you ladies have a great trip! Enjoy the sunsets and clear skies. If you can find a quiet dark place at night to lay back and watch the sky, you will be amazed at the number of shooting stars you will see. Have a great time, Bill

Lolly 01-03-2008 01:16 PM

Steh and all the "Miraval" gals;

Have a wonderful time, wish we were there!

<3 Lolly

kareneg 01-03-2008 04:15 PM

Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa 01-03-2008 06:59 PM

I hope you all are having a great trip. I really wanted to go, but money is tight. Maybe I can make the spring trip. Anyone, everyone have a fun and relaxing time.

StephN 01-04-2008 10:41 PM

Too short

We have been doing a lot there - there is SO much!

But I for one feel invigorated, and got so relaxed that I forgot where I left my glasses for a few minutes in the Spa building. I had tried one of the testers for the expensive line of facial products they carry here and then went in to change for my algae soak and wrap. Did not even miss my glasses for several minutes! That is when I knew I had really gotten relaxed!

They stress "living in the moment" here, and once we get well settled into that mode it is easy to get a little "drifty"!

We are all leaving tomorrow afternoon, except Chrisy gets to stay another night. Just came to the computer to print my boarding passes and thought to check in and let you all know that we have been thinking of this group and carrying you along in our hearts.

Rozebud 01-05-2008 09:56 PM

Steph - I just saw this post! I'm in Tucson as well, staying at Loews. Bummer - we could have hooked up :) .

StephN 01-06-2008 05:40 PM

Better luck next time!

Hope you are having a great time!

Rose, you could have come out to Miraval for lunch and a spa treatment or something. Miraval is located over a half hour from midtown Tucson and we had no way to get around as they shuttled us to and from the airport.

We never left the spa environs except to go in a van to the horse ranch next door for the Equine Experience activity. Sorry we were not able to share a bit of that paradise with you!

We are all home by now. Hopefully ... weather caused many delays and flight cancellations yesterday.