HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Doing good on Hospice and continued treatments (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61557)

KristinSchwick 07-29-2014 07:44 AM

Doing good on Hospice and continued treatments

Just wanted to send an update as I have been MIA for awhile. Things are looking up for me, I had a very bad tumor flare after starting high dose estrogen for my cancer, so I got radiation to half of my pelvis. I am happy to report that I am pain free now, but I am weak from the radiation and lost about 15 lbs from morning sickness from the estrogen. Any one else out there on high dose estrogen, my doctor will probably switch me back to no estrogen soon, but we will see. Hospice is wonderful, they let me live a totally normal life and they come to fill my drugs, check my vitals and talk whenever I need them too. Plus they got me a wheel chair, walker and cane as soon as I needed them. But I won't be needing them much longer. Thanks for all the prayers, I think about all you out there alot, and pray we all find peace in this challenging world.
XOXOXO
Kristin

Carol Ann 07-29-2014 09:30 AM

Re: Doing good on Hospice and continued treatments

Kristin, I am so happy you are recovering and no longer in as much horrible pain as before. Thanks so much for posting, you made my day!

XOXOXO right back at ya dear Kristin!

Carol Ann

Nurse4u2day 07-29-2014 11:00 AM

I pray that things for you continue to get better . I hope this therapy kicks some ass. Prayers sent your way

yanyan 07-29-2014 03:29 PM

Dear Kristin I'm so happy to hear you are doing better !! The past 4 years have been tough for you and I hope to hear even better news from you in the years to follow!!

KDR 07-29-2014 05:35 PM

Go, Kristin, go! So glad you are healing and have become relatively pain free. It matters so much.

Karen

tricia keegan 07-29-2014 05:43 PM

So glad your pain has eased and thanks for updating us Kristen and will be thinking of you!

Mary Anne in TX 07-29-2014 06:49 PM

Adding my good thoughts and prayers for you, Kristin. Lots of love, ma

Laurel 07-29-2014 06:55 PM

I pray for you daily, Kristen, and I am so happy to hear you are feeling better! Yea! I agree that those hospice folks are absolutely wonderful. I am curious as to why you were given high dose estrogen. Was it to try to overcome anti-hormonal resistance?

JennyB 07-29-2014 07:36 PM

So happy to hear things are looking up and you are pain free.

Good Luck xx

Pray 07-29-2014 08:46 PM

Praying every day for you and your family�� you are victirious�� Gods blessings are all around you my Sister�� His peace��

Saygoon 07-29-2014 10:03 PM

Glad to hear you are on the up swing! Hope you continue to do better and stronger each day. I have the same curiosity as Laurel - why the high doses of estrogen?

Pamelamary 07-30-2014 01:34 AM

Dear Kristen,
I am glad to hear things are looking up for you, that you are pain free and receiving such good care at the hospice. I hope the high dose oestrogen has helped keep things settled and that you can eat lots of chocolate to put that weight back on!
Warm wishes from Australia..... Pam

Cath 07-30-2014 06:03 AM

So happy to see a post from you. Glad your pain is better and hope you continue to be pain free. I'm sending prayers your way and thinking of you.

Hopeful 07-30-2014 07:03 AM

Kristin, you are in my thoughts.

Laurel & Saygoon,

High dose ER therapy is sometimes given to resensitize the cells to ER deprivation:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...eferrerid=1173

I believe one of our former Board members, Joy, also received this treatment, more than once.

Hopeful

valleygirl 07-30-2014 02:56 PM

Praying that things continue to improve for you!!!!!

LoisLane 07-30-2014 08:14 PM

Kristen you are in my thoughts and sending up prayers for you everytime you come to mind. So glad you are pain free and that Hospice is so supportive in all ways. Lois

Adriana Mangus 07-31-2014 04:43 PM

Dear Kristin,

Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Sending you peace and love.

Adriana

europa 07-31-2014 07:40 PM

Kristin, it is such a relief that you are pain free. I think of you often. You're in my prayers dear friend.

SusanN 07-31-2014 10:48 PM

Prayers and love being sent your way!!

Bunty 08-01-2014 10:32 PM

Kristen, very glad to see your post and your news. Sending you love and prayers for continued good news.
Marie x