HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Clinical Trials (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Johns Hopkins Her2 Vaccine Trial (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49121)

Estelle 03-05-2011 10:17 PM

Johns Hopkins Her2 Vaccine Trial

Hi all,

I just got accepted into the Johns Hopkins Her2 vaccine trial. Is anyone else out there in this trial? I met at one woman from California who is participating -- I am very lucky to live in the DC area and be so close to JH, where I get my treatment. So far I had my scans (all clear!!!), and peptides (which stung like crazy); first vacccines are on 3-14. I'm cross referencing this in the Her2 board as well.

Estelle

Jackie07 03-06-2011 09:00 AM

Re: Johns Hopkins Her2 Vaccine Trial

Congratulations! Estelle. Good luck to you and please keep us updated.

feonad 03-08-2011 09:58 AM

What stage is this for. Good luck.

feonad 03-09-2011 10:31 AM

I asked my doctor and she said it was stage 4 only. Sounds good does it?

Estelle 03-18-2011 05:12 AM

Completed my first round of vaccines. Burned like you know what but ok now.

feonad,
the study I am in is run by Dr. Leisha Emens at Johns Hopkins. She has two studies and recently added the her2 specific including stage III like me. I also think the University of Washington study has a stage III arm. If you are interested in pursuing a vaccine trial, keep looking -- there are several Stage III vaccine trials out there. A good source is clinicaltrials.gov. The information they provide lists the inclusion criteria. Get the information and take it to your dr. Good Luck.

Jackie07 05-22-2011 12:32 PM

Any update?

Estelle 05-22-2011 08:28 PM

Thanks for asking Jackie. All is going very well. I have completed two cycles and am beginning my third cycle tomorrow. Then I am off for 5 months (except Herceptin every three weeks), then a booster round. So far I am tolerating it very well; all my bloodwork is looking really good. So I am feeling really good about the trial.

Estelle

schoolteacher 05-26-2011 10:07 AM

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Amelia

jkdowl 12-05-2011 04:22 AM

How are you doing after trial? I am thinking about doing it but concerned about time commitment. I would have to fly there, spoke to Dr. Emens today about it.

sandra digilio 12-05-2011 09:52 AM

Hi, glad to hear you are doing well on the trial! I would love to do a trial of some sort myself.

sandra digilio 12-08-2011 07:48 AM

How can I get on this trial?

annmask 12-13-2011 07:54 PM

Do you have to be NED to qualify for this trial? What is the name of the trial, then we could look it up to scan for the details. I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well!

jkdowl 01-06-2012 03:35 AM

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...m=Emens&rank=5

This is the link to the trial. You do have to be NED. I have my first consultation in 2weeks.

karen z 01-06-2012 04:57 AM

Estelle,
Glad to hear your news and that you are doing well on the trial!
Best,
Karen Z

Estelle 01-06-2012 11:07 AM

Thanks, Karen. I haven't posted here in a while -- I am all done with the trial -- finished in November. did very well on it. Now I am in waiting stage -- no active treatment a little scary, but I know I have hit it with everything available. I have my post trial 3-month check up next week!

JK -- Good luck to you with the trial. You will find the crew all very professional and very, very nice.

Adriana Mangus 01-09-2012 04:20 PM

Hi from Adriana

Hi Estella,

Congratulations on finishing the vaccine trial. You are so fortunate to have participate and had no complications whatsoever. Stay in touch, please.

Love,

Adriana

P.S. I will see my doctor tomorrow, no longer on the tdm1 trial. I will post as soon as we make a decision as to "what's next"

JillaryJill 01-12-2012 04:27 PM

Estelle,

I called John Hopkins today and talked with Maureen and the Dr. I live in Chicago so it would be a large commitment for me to participate in this trial. Your diagnosis is similar to mine with alot of nodes involved. Just out of curiosity, after your initial treatments, what did your onc say was the percentage of recurrance they see with your diagnosis. Why did you decide to do the trial? Could you work during this trial?

Jackie07 01-24-2012 01:23 AM

Jkdowl,

How did the consultation go?

Estelle,

How was your three month check?

Estelle 01-24-2012 10:37 PM

Jackie, thanks for asking. It went very well -- no scans or anything at this time -- just blood work (looked "excellent"), and physical exam. There were no indications that I am not still NED. Its still a little scary with no treatment, but I have fought it every way possible. However, I am not returning to "normal", or returning to anything for that matter. I am moving forward!

Candy Jacobson 01-25-2012 03:07 PM

Hello, I am considering a trial at the University of Washington in May or June of 2012. I believe I want to do the trial, however, I am a bit scared even though I feel like I have had most of my questions answered. It is new terriotory for me, and the unknown. What do you think? How was your outcome on trial or trials?
Candy