HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Should we plan a gathering? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34099)

hutchibk 05-25-2008 07:01 PM

Should we plan a gathering?

Just a thought - wondering if there is a weekend (2 days maybe) in the fall and a reasonably inexpensive destination that we should consider having a Her2Support.org gathering? I would LOVE to meet ya'll in person...

Some of us have already had face to face encounters and I have to say, I love my Her2 family so far.

Any ideas or interest?

Bill 05-25-2008 10:14 PM

Hucklebuck, sounds good to me. I would love to get together with y'all.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 05-26-2008 06:39 AM

What a great idea

Hi Brenda

I too would love to do this - maybe we can all
"meet in the middle" somewhere.....

If I am physically and financially able to at the time, you can count me in.

PinkGirl 05-26-2008 08:51 AM

Bill/Lee could travel with one suitcase, one plane ticket, one reservation .......

Mary Anne in TX 05-26-2008 01:30 PM

I'd be interested too! ma

GemmaG 05-26-2008 06:35 PM

Hi, I know I don't post much. I just love reading everything in here and learning a lot. I would love to meet with you all.
I don't why I'm getting bold letters???
BTW, any of you heard from MichelleH lately? I hope she's well.

After my Tykerb/Xeloda gave up on me last year, I was put on Navelbine/Herceptin in Sept.07 to April 08. Navelbine didn't work well. I've started Gemzar/Herceptin last month. two weeks on one week off. I'm having some awful side effects with Gemzar.
Nausea, vomitting, dizziness like my head was spinning, mouth sores :-(

Becky 05-26-2008 07:08 PM

I would be interested. Not sure on desinations but I do know going to and staying in Las Vegas tends to be cheap (but some may not be interested in going there). But they have spas, shows and dinner.

I will try to think of others - maybe more outdoorsy. I am not a pleasure traveler so I don't have that many ideas.

Bill 05-26-2008 07:19 PM

The Beckster might be onto something here. Maybe could plan ahead and get some type of group rate. It would be nice to get together.

GemmaG 05-26-2008 07:35 PM

Las Vegas sounds fun :-)!

Sheila 05-27-2008 03:45 PM

Vegas sounds great...Bill can you bring the cupcakes and some spare change for all of the women?????

Bill 05-27-2008 04:27 PM

Yes, of course, Sheila! I haven't forgotten I promised you a cupcake or two, and I'll try to bring as much coin as I can, but for some reason, me and the TSA guys never seem to get along, so I might have a hard time explaning why I'm trying to carry 12,000 dollars worth of nickels onto the plane.

Colleens_Husband 05-27-2008 05:09 PM

Bill:

Maybe you'd get along better with the TSA guys if you left your "Kill them all and let God sort them out" t-shirt at home. Or maybe you enjoy the "special" searches. I'm just saying.......

I would like to meet you all but it looks like Colleen will be in for another round of chemo during the summer. Being able to make a plan is a luxury right now.

Lee

Bill 05-27-2008 05:18 PM

Lee, you're too funny. Seriously, though, I know exactly what you mean. You really can't make any real plans beyond today. You both will be in our thoughts and prayers.

StephN 05-27-2008 09:38 PM

How about Reno-Tahoe??

Not as bloody hot as Vegas and a heck of a lot more scenic.

If you want to come to north Seattle, I have room for about 8 tents in my back yard and 3 full bathrooms. Then there is the VW Westphalia that can sleep 3, plus extra rooms in the house.

Seriously, there is a nice Harrah's in Reno.

hutchibk 05-28-2008 06:33 AM

I like it - a tent city in Steph's backyard. Who needs Vegas when we can play poker around the campfire. Can we build a campfire in your backyard? LOL

I say we all descend on Bill's house. Otherwise, Reno might be a fun idea... and Lee, all the best with Colleen's treatments. Maybe after her summer rounds, you guys might feel like a weekend in Reno in the fall. I can't even consider anything until October at the earliest...

Vegas and Reno are sounding like options.

hutchibk 05-28-2008 06:35 AM

I just noticed Gemma's earlier post... and want to let her know that sadly, we lost sweet Michelle H last month. As well as our dear Kate, at the same time. True warriors until the end! Bless them.

Sheila 05-28-2008 12:40 PM

Brenda
I private messaged her yesterday to let her know about Michelle..she knew about Kate but not MichelleH..I was clearing off messages on my answering machine, and there was a message from Kate...I couldn't erase it...I can hear her laugh anytime I want. I miss her so!

Believe51 05-28-2008 01:03 PM

Sheila....

Yes Sheila, I too have messages from both these warriors and I cannot erase them either. Whenever I listen to my messages, Michelle is first and I find great comfort listening to her voice.

StephN 06-05-2008 10:18 AM

On another thread SHEILA just suggested HAWAII for a get-together. But not in the rainy season, OK? I have been just about drowned here for the past few days, glub, glub ....

Not as cheap as Reno, unless Harrie has camping facilities.

Sheila 06-05-2008 01:42 PM

Steph...if Reno only had beaches....actually, eno is like a second home to me...used to visit 2x a year to see my favorite uncle....my mercedes convertible he left me came from Reno....and then there is the amazing air show that I have visited many many times...the blinzes at Heidi's Restaurant any morning, golfing at Lake Ridge...Truckee, oh the list goes on and on....