HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~I Just Lost My Job~Will Be Away For A Little Bit (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38752)

Believe51 04-03-2009 07:51 AM

~I Just Lost My Job~Will Be Away For A Little Bit

Cannot talk because I need to leave. This could not have come at a worst time. I will talk to you as soon as I can.

I will not be gone long. Gotta go home and puke. I am so sad right now. What am I going to do?

Talk soon, I cannot see through the tears. Seven years here.
Marie

WomanofSteel 04-03-2009 08:24 AM

I just received a call from Marie about her job loss. She was let go due to cutbacks. I tried to calm her as best I could. I let her know that we are all here for her and that maybe she should look at this as some extra time from God to spend with Ed. She wanted me to let you all know that she will continue lighting candles and praying for us all. I told her if it wasn't for people like her, we couldn't be so brave and that we would pray for her. In the meantime she won't have computer access till she can figure out a way to get a new one at home. She is trying to be brave and I know she will face this with her usual humor and diginity. I think we should remind her that we love her and are here for her and offer a big cyber hug. ((((((((((Marie)))))))))))

NanaKaren 04-03-2009 08:24 AM

Hi

Oh, Marie words can not express how badly I feel for you now. You are a strong woman and as trite as it sounds now, you will be OK. You have all of us to help you through this difficult time. Please keep us posted.
Nana Karen

lexigirl 04-03-2009 08:48 AM

Dear Marie,

I am so sorry that you have lost your job. I do believe that you will find an even better job where you will be valued. You are a terrific person with such a big heart. Any employer will be blessed to have you on their team.

Hugs,
Lexi

RhondaH 04-03-2009 08:54 AM

Marie...

my thoughts and prayers are with you...Big hugs...

Take care and God bless.

MJo 04-03-2009 08:57 AM

I agree with everyone else. I know you are in shock now, but everything is going to be okay. Absolutely.

hermiracles 04-03-2009 09:15 AM

So very sorry to hear about your loss of your job Marie. Hang in there Sister ~ it will all workout.
Much love to you and Mighty Oak

Blessings
Hermiracles

lisajones4 04-03-2009 10:51 AM

Marie - So so sorry to hear about the loss of your job. You are a pillar of strength and such an amazing person. You are in my thoughts ...

janieR 04-03-2009 11:23 AM

Marie, I am so very sorry to hear this.

Marie, you have sent me lovely messages through this site when I have been down, particularly when my husband was found to have a brain tumour.

You are in my thoughts big time.

Take care

Janie.

p.s. my husband says take care as well.

caya 04-03-2009 11:41 AM

Marie,

I also echo what everyone has said. I am thinking of you and wishing only the best for you and Ed.

all the best
caya

StephN 04-03-2009 12:04 PM

Very sorry! These messages will be waiting when you can go to the library or get a computer.

Yes, you must get over the initial shock and physical reaction to this blow.

Then you can take stock and regroup. Job cuts are rampant now. Spend time with mommy-in-law, apply for your unemployment - there is extra money for you in the "stimulous package" just passed. There are also provisions to help you keep health insurance at reduced cost if you qualify for that. Use community resources - they are there for YOU and Mighty Oak.

I had lunch with a friend who was very upset as her husband had to lay off 20 people between his warehouse and sales departments. Some of those people had worked there up to 14 years and were considered almost family! She could barely speak about it.

schoolteacher 04-03-2009 12:25 PM

Marie,

I am so sorry to hear this. This is the first time I have had to check the board today.

Amelia

michka 04-03-2009 12:31 PM

Dear Marie, you and Mighty Oak are such beautiful people that I cannot even imagine why you should be hit by more problems. I must admit that even if it doesn't help, it gets me mad.
I am sure that although you feel bad right now, you will find a new job because you showed all of us what a fighter you are. Cyber hugs. Michka

fauxgypsy 04-03-2009 12:47 PM

Everything that I've seen about you convinces me that you are a believer in miracles. You are such a beautiful person that I have to believe that that there will be another one for all of you. Spend time with your mighty oak and his mother tree. You will find another path.

Leslie

Mary Anne in TX 04-03-2009 01:03 PM

Well, Marie, the "scream ride" seems so inadequate right now. God must have something really stupendous waiting for you after your forced vacation and rest!!!
You know, girl, you take care of so many....your sweet Ed and mom-in-law AND so many of us. Sure wish I could take away the pain of your loss, but so wish for you a rest and a little time when the burden doesn't fall on your mighty shoulders.
Much love to you as you walk life through 1 hour at a time. You're still awesome! ma

Lien 04-03-2009 01:17 PM

Oh Marie, that just SUX! Sorry for the language, but I have no other words.

Having said that; I've lost my jobs twice, and both times I found that I was ready to start something new. I came out better!

I'm sure that will be the case for you. Right now, spend time with our Mighty Oak and don\t worry too much. There will be a good outcome for you.

And ask for help; you'll be surprised how many people out there are willing to help!

Hugs

Jacqueline

Kim in DC 04-03-2009 01:30 PM

Marie,
I just want you to know I'm praying for you

charlotte 04-03-2009 02:09 PM

Marie
I wish to add my thoughts and good wishes to you.
I also believe that you know we are here for you and the mighty Oak,
please stay in touch. You are such a special person,and have no doubt given comfort to others on this board.

chrisy 04-03-2009 03:51 PM

Sweet Marie,

A window will open.

I started to write practical stuff about the 65% coverage of COBRA...but what I really feel is that a window will open, somehow.

Much love
Chris

CLTann 04-03-2009 03:52 PM

You can get a working computer almost free

Marie, Sorry to hear your job loss. I looked into the R.I. craig list and saw a few working computer system below $50. I believe that if you explain your plight, the owner may give them to you free. Used working computers are plentiful everywhere. Your ex employer may give the idle computer to you free, just try and ask. Hope you have health insurance coverage and look into social security medical too. Best luck.

Ann