HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   lumpectomy update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33757)

KelliD. 04-27-2008 08:11 PM

lumpectomy update

Hey everyone! Had the lumpectomy w/ snb Tue. Did really good til Fri.- had TERRIBLE pain under staples in breast- just took major pain meds & rode it out!!! It's benn grdually better since then... Didn't get good news- 2/4 nodes were +. Onc wants the rest taken out, so back to the surgeon in the a.m. to schedule that & the placement of the port. I think I'm still absorbing it all- everyone else seems more upset than I am... I know it will eventually hit me. I'm just trying to get through it the best I can... Please keep us in your prayers. Blessings, Kelli

Sherryg683 04-27-2008 08:33 PM

I'm sorry Kelli that you are having such pain. I do remember that time very well. I had my surgery 3 days before Christmas, I hurt so bad. I went to church on Christmas Eve and ended up getting the flu real bad for Christmas day. That tube is so uncomfortable. Be sure to take care of yourself right now because your immune system is probably low. When I had mine done the first 5 they took out were bad, so they went ahead and took out most of the others. I didn't get the results back for a week but I remember being in shock when they told me all 5 were bad...it turned out to be at least 13 or more. I'm sorry that they are having to go back in so soon for the port and other lymph node removals. I had the port put in also a week after my bout with the flu and lumpectomy. I was so upset at having to put my body through another surgery so soon. I was upset that when the surgeon saw the bad lymph nodes that she didn't just automatically put the port in then, she knew I was going to need chemo. Plus the fact that the second surgery occured on January 1 and we had to pay our deductable all over again. Yes, it will probably all hit you very soon but it's better that you are feeling the way you do right now. You have a lot to absorb and go through. Take a deep breath and take it one day at a time, that's all you can do. And if you start having anxiety attacks, don't hesistate to ask for anxiety medication to help you through this time...be easy on yourself...You are in my prayers..sherryg683

penelope 04-27-2008 08:48 PM

I am sorry Kelli,
This is the hardest part of the journey, it does get better, ever so slowly.

Sending prayers your way as we speak.

CindyE 04-27-2008 09:40 PM

Kelli,
I'm new here but just wanted to say that I am thinking about you and asking our loving Lord to embrace you during this time. Lean on Him and I'll be praying for you.

Cindy

Mary Anne in TX 04-28-2008 05:19 AM

Hey Kelli!
Sounds to me that you're doing it just right...taking it one step, one day at a time. For me, it's the only way to keep stress down and to stay calm enough to make "sane" ( not sure about that one) decisions. Good luck and keep believing in your victory. ma

karen z 04-28-2008 05:35 AM

Kelli,
Sorry that you experienced such pain on Friday and that you must have more surgery. I think what you are going through in terms of emotions is normal- dx and treatment are a bit surreal and it IS hard to absorb. Just take things one day at a time and be strong and you will get through this. You will be finding out how strong you are. You have my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.
Best wishes,
Karen

KelliD. 04-28-2008 02:08 PM

Thank you all for your encouragement!! My next surgery is May 9th- axillary node disection & port placement. Chemo will start following week. I will keep you informed, again, thanks- it really helps to "talk" w/ people who truly understand. Blessings, Kelli

Jean 04-28-2008 03:14 PM

Kelli,
I am sorry that you have to go back for additional surgery, the waiting is often the worst part. Please know that you remain in my prayers.

Kind Regards,
Jean

BethC 04-28-2008 03:58 PM

Kelli,
Hang in there and keep up that positive attitude!

Love,
Beth

Bill 04-28-2008 04:13 PM

Hi Kelli! I'm sorry you had such pain, but at least you had something to take to help. You will be in my prayers. Try to take it easy on yourself and just get through it one day at a time. Best wishes, Bill

goops 04-28-2008 05:25 PM

Kelli - I am sorry your news wasn't better, good luck with your next surgery.