HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ***What was your date of dx, stage, treatment and current status...???*** (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23513)

RhondaH 08-14-2008 06:19 AM

Bump...

Just curious...

tweet7805 08-14-2008 10:32 AM

I was diagnosed 10/11/2005; Lumpectomy 11/22/2005; Path report results: Stage IIB; 1 node with micro cells; Grade 3; ER/PR neg; HER2+++. Treatment: 4 X AC every 3 weeks; 3 X Taxol/Herceptin wkly. Had bad reaction with side effects to Taxol onc stopped took 2 wk break restarted 7X Taxotere/Herceptin wkly. 6/15/06 blood oxygen dropped to 75% rushed to ER all chemo/herceptin stopped put on oxygen for 3 months restarted Herceptin 8/2006 every 3 wks & 33 daily rads to left breast; 9/22/06 Rads completed; 12/4/06 MUGA scan shows dangerous drop in blood flow from 85-50% Herceptin stopped 4 months early and will not be restarted onc feels I have had enough to kill all cancerous cells. No other treatments have Mamo on left breast every 6 months annually on right. So far I have stayed in remission since. I do continue to have long term side effects: Neuropathy all limbs; perm lung dmg caused by chemo; Glaucoma to eyes; Extreme Fatique; Chemo Brain-No short term memory; Multitasking out of the question; have trouble thinking correct words to use etc. But at least I am still in remission just had to retire permanently.

Hugs
Cindy

Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Then leave the rest to God

Lien 08-14-2008 12:44 PM

Great to read all those positive stories. You rock, ladies!

Lien

trailrider 08-14-2008 03:56 PM

My signature has nearly everything.
Has normal Mammo 4 mos before dx. Only Ultrasound found tumor. Have done 1 year of Tamoxifen will start an AI soon.

Am getting ready to have my third uterine biopsy.

elcalabrese 08-14-2008 06:01 PM

In my 9th year

I joined this group years ago but life takes over and when the format changed I kind of dropped off the radar. I periodically check in and saw this thread. Without too much detail, I was dx in Jan 2000. Left mas, 5/10 pos nodes. E/P -/her2+++. Back then herceptin was not an option. After chemo/rads I was dx with bone mets in April 2002. Lots of chemo/rad and herceptin put me into a chemical remission. After 8 mos of chemo I was put on herceptin with Zometa eventually (after 5 yrs) discontinuing the Zometa.
Since Sept 2003 I have been on herceptin without any other agent and so far I have remained stable. I hate to use the term NED but I have had no progression of disease.
When I was first dx my youngest child was 8. I was told I would probably not see my children graduate from high school. Well. I have seen 3 walk across the stage and my youngest is entering his senior year. My oldest just graduated from college and one daughter has gotten married. Both of my daughters are in college and at this point there is no reason to believe I will not be there to see them graduate as well.
I have been so blessed.
El

DanaRT 08-14-2008 06:07 PM

El, Your story inspries me. Now that I have noticed some dimpling under my arm, and even if it is scary news, I know things will carry on and I will have many years. Like you, I have two daughters who have completed college, one is in high school. I plan to see much more of what life has to bring and watch the girls prosper in their careers. I am grateful for this site-seven months ago it frightened me.
Herceptin is saving my life. I see the Dr. tomorrow.

Dana

rebecca0623 08-15-2008 02:14 PM

My info is in my signature - great idea especially for those of us new to this board to be able to see who is out there and what their expreriences are!

whynow? 08-15-2008 03:54 PM

Got PET CT Scan results on my daughters 4th Brithday. Now looking forward to celebrating Christians 2nd Birthday on 6th September...

I get more determined with every day...

DanaRT 08-15-2008 04:08 PM

Whynow?,

Adorable children!

Dana

Henny 08-15-2008 04:34 PM

I was diagnosed 3/07 after "odd" mammo and PEM (PET mammogram)and US guided biopsy. Her+++ ER- PR-
3/07 Bilat mastectomies with recon
4/07 left lymph node dissection-1 pos node
A/C 4 DD
Taxol/ Herceptin
10/07 recon with silicone implants
1/08 nipple recon
Finished herceptin 6/08.
Port out last week
Was able to work and exercise (slowly and not like I used to but did nevertheless)
Last PET/CT 3/08 was clear
Love to wear the little t-shirts and not have saggy boobs

Henny

Ginagce 08-18-2008 08:45 PM

Checking In Still NED!

I'm just checking in as suggested. It's been a year plus a couple months since I finished my Herceptin treatment. I am still NED!

Was on Herceptin for 2 years after completing bi-lateral mastectomies, reconstruction and ACT chemotherapy.

Had bi-lateral lumpectomies and radiation to one side only seven years prior to that.

Doing well and again, NED. So, since first diagnosis, now 11 years, since 2nd....4 years!

Bless you ALL!

Ginagce

Mary Jo 08-19-2008 05:58 AM

Just giving an update on "me"...........I am now a 3 year NED survivor.

Is so thankful...

Mary Jo

Diana1993 08-19-2008 06:02 AM

Thank you for the updates. We all need to hear these stats. I'm still a work in progress but still ticking after 15 years, Aug. 1993.
Hugs
Diana

Unregistered 08-20-2008 06:31 PM

diagnosed 5/02
Stage 3A
6 cm 5/12 nodes
ER/PR +
Her2+
left mastectomy 5/02

6 rounds AC
Arimidex
28 radiation treatments

Sternal Mets 2/04
Carbo/Taxol
Herceptin weekly X52
Aeridia every 2 weeks (still)
Cyberknife Radiation X3
Femara

Started Herceptin every 2 weeks March 2005 (still)

Mets to T1 verterbrae 5/08
16 radiation treatments
Added Flovesant (hormone inhibitor) IM Qmonth

Having scar revision and breast reduction for symmetry on remaining breast Sept 08

Taking it one day at a time...
Cyndy

gin-tx 08-30-2008 06:55 AM

Diagnosis and treatment

Dear Rhonda,

I tried to reply to your inquiry but couldn't get it to work. I have had bc twice, once in 95, had radiation only, then diag again in 2006, agressive Stage IV metastatic as it had spread to bones. I'm responding to treatment so far, had 18 rads on spine which was very hard on me as it affected digestion, esyphogus, etc. Then the onc started Herceptin every 3 weeks which will be on forever. If I stop treatment he said the cancer will definitely come back. By way had partial mastectomy in 06. I also get Aredia every other treatment. It is to strengthen bones which were weakened from the radiation. I know at some point the cancer will come back but am getting discouraged. After two yrs and people ask when will I be finished. The answer is Never! Hope you are doing well, keep me informed of your progress and how you are getting along. I still work part time as that is all onc will let me work, keep benefits thank goodness as disability has run out so am using vac time that I had built up for treatment and dr appts.

ginkott1@aol.com

Melissa 08-30-2008 08:34 AM

approx 2 1/2 yrs out

Before I was dx I had a mammo the month before but it was clear (mammo was performed at same place every yr, for three yrs.) I found the lump myself, had pain in area of lump. I too had a supraclavicular node light up on scan and had the extra rad boost to clavicuar area on left side. Still have issues with arm, radiated area and arimidex BUT these are minor compared to others. I always hold in my heart others struggling w/ disease.

lexigirl 08-30-2008 08:53 AM

I had my mod. rad. mast. 8/30/2005 on my r breast. IBC, stage IIIB. I had 4 A/C, 4 Taxol and herceptin for one year. 5 weeks of rads also, a bolus used every other tx. I am three years out and feeling good.

I am so grateful that herceptin has helped so many of us manage this disease and for some possibly be the cure.

Hugs for everybody!

Lexi

notamrnpsn 08-30-2008 09:24 AM

?

I know this is the wrong place to ask this, but I know you are all very smart . I had a masc. 3 years ago, the 2 months ago the second one. They say no blood draws or BP if you had nodes removed. I do have a port, but where do they take the BP. Thanks, Jeanette

hutchibk 08-30-2008 05:02 PM

They can put the cuff on your leg to take BP. That's where they put it on me in the hospital. I only had a right side mastectomy, so I have BP taken on my left arm.