HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Things you didn't know about me! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40342)

StephN 08-27-2009 11:26 AM

Re: Things you didn't know about me!

Bill -
They have "body pillows" at the large kitchen/linens/stuff stores. Get one and you might maneuver easier in your sleep! http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima...ons/icon12.gif

Maybe if my hubby was not with me any more I could think of getting one! But it seems too hot and constricting to have so much extra "bulk" in the bed.

Mary Jo 08-27-2009 11:31 AM

I met my hubby when I was 15 years old...we started dating on Sept. 3, 1975. We married on Sept. 2, 1978. We will be celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary on Sept. 2. We've been together 34 years. Man, that sounds like old people, doesn't it? YIKES.....am I old???? Hehe!http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

chrisy 08-27-2009 11:48 AM

I met my husband in college and while he thought we would soon become engaged, I thought I was dating someone else. I broke his heart (although he puts it "she told me to take a hike") and we never spoke again...

Until 12 years and 2000 miles later when we had both separately moved to California (although still 500 miles apart!) and found each other again in response to a "dorm floor" reunion.

This time it was love at first sight (for both of us!) and after a 2 year long-distance courtship we were married. So we've either been together 20 years, or 32 years.

And of course, now I take credit for my hubby's second favorite thing - long distance hiking - since I gave him the idea all those years ago...

Colleens_Husband 08-27-2009 01:58 PM

The first time I ever saw Colleen, she was getting her newspaper in a frumpy bathrobe. It was real obvious that I had embarrassed her. The first thing that ran through my head was that I was going to marry her and embarrassing her would only make things more difficult. I actually met her a couple of days later which was really weird, because I was 100% certain that I was going to marry her eventually.

notamrnpsn 08-27-2009 02:15 PM

I met my husband over 48 years ago in a local dance hall. This was in Scotland and he was in the US Navy. After the first dance I told my girlfriend that I was going to marry him. So after 47 years of marriage 6 children and 16 Grands and 2 great grands we still feel the same way about each other. Jeanette

freyja 08-28-2009 08:41 PM

I met my husband when I bought my house from a friend who had hired my husband to do work on the house. I tell people, "he came with the house!" That was seven years ago this week......(our baby boy was born 10 months later! He's six now.)

freyja 08-28-2009 08:41 PM

When I know what I want I don't waste any time.

Believe51 08-28-2009 08:47 PM

LOL!!!

Ed was my first and only blind date....I did not even want to go but went to silence my girlfriend. October 21st is our 14th Wedding Anniversary.>>Believe51

Jackie07 08-28-2009 10:10 PM

Hubby and I met at church also. Just celebrated our 21th anniversary. My late Mother-in-law had told me it would be just a 'blink of the eyes' - she's right. I often thought about the statement made by Rebbeca in 'Cheers': "Has it been that long?"

Believe51 08-30-2009 03:59 AM

That if you listened to the tone of voice I use speaking to my cat Mookie or our conversations....you would have me committed!! LOL>>Believe51

Brenda_D 10-31-2009 12:40 PM

Since I've recovered from BC, I've become a beekeeper!

vlcarr 10-31-2009 02:09 PM

I was adopted by my grandparents when I was a baby.

notamrnpsn 10-31-2009 02:46 PM

I adopted my grandson when he was 5years old. <Jeanette

bejuce 10-31-2009 05:51 PM

I'm from Brazil and look forward to being there for the soccer World Cup in 2014 and the Olympics in 2016! Let's have a survivor party there!

I met my hubby (also grew up in Brazil, but born in Taiwan) in Kansas at the airport after my first flight ever (for a college exchange program). We hit it off and have been together for 19 years (married for 8, I know, I was patient).

We're now in CA and love it here.

Bill 01-08-2010 05:51 PM

Several times a month I have the most god-awful sneezing fits for some reason.

Colleens_Husband 01-11-2010 10:00 AM

Bill, I have sneezing fits too. Of course that should come as no surprise to anyone.

I am allergic to the whole world and everything on it, and that includes myself.

PinkGirl 01-11-2010 10:45 AM

I have major sneezing fits too ... hmmmmm

Makes you wonder about that whole time zone thing and
Bill and I being born on the same day .. sort of ... depending
on time zones ... and I think Bill and Lee etc. are brothers ...
aren't they? They have the same granny ... but that could
make them cousins ... I guess ...

juanita 02-19-2010 11:06 AM

today is the day i become a grandma for the third time! my daughter and son are at the hospital now waiting for my granddaughter to decide she's ready to make her appearance. and second, i'm no longer blonde like in my picture, i'm now a redhead. changed it last night. just gotta take a picture to put on here.

Bill 02-19-2010 02:19 PM

Congratulations, Juanita!

Jackie07 02-19-2010 11:27 PM

Congratulations! [Is your grand baby going to be red-haired or brown-haired? :)]