HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Thinking and Praying for our Sister (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56314)

Mary Jo 10-17-2012 06:41 PM

Thinking and Praying for our Sister

Just wanted to let Sheila know that my thoughts and prayers have been with you. Many times throughout the course of a day you pop into my mind....which leads to prayers for you.

I pray Peace for you my friend.....

Mary Jo

Jackie07 10-17-2012 08:08 PM

Re: Thinking and Praying for our Sister

I'm thinking and praying for her too.

KsGal 10-17-2012 10:59 PM

Same..sending lots of love and prayers to you, Sheila.

Joanne S 10-17-2012 11:17 PM

Thinking of you Sheila. You are in my prayers. Huge hugs, Joanne

suzan w 10-18-2012 11:19 AM

Thank you for posting this MaryJo...Sheila is in my thoughts today as well. Cancer stalks my thoughts today! Sending prayers and love to Sheila. xxoo

Pray 10-18-2012 11:43 AM

Sheila, I hope and pray for peace and comfort for you. Gods blessings to your whole family. He's blessings are all around you.

Loving prayers for you my friend,

Your friend,

Nancy

lkc Gumby 10-18-2012 12:16 PM

wishing you soft comfy feelings and many gentle hugs

Mtngrl 10-19-2012 05:15 AM

Thanks for starting this thread.

Sheila is often in my thoughts and prayers.

Cancer sucks.

NEDenise 10-19-2012 04:07 PM

Sheila,
You pop into my thoughts several times each day...whenever I hear a song about peace, or being in His hands...you come to mind. In this season of all things pink...I think of you, and how badly cancer sucks...so vicious...so unfair.

I pray for comfort and peace-filled days for you, my dear friend
Love,
Denise

chicagoetc 10-20-2012 06:04 PM

Thinking about Sheila a lot. Any updates?

Melanie

Jen 10-20-2012 08:43 PM

Unfortunately I don't have any new info. I will post updates if anything changes I know how much you guys mean to my Mom and how much she means to you.

Paula O 10-21-2012 04:39 AM

(((Hugs)))) for you and your Mom, Jen.

These may well be things you are already doing or perhaps not even a good fit for your family but here are a few ideas if you are interested:

Would your Mom possibly enjoy browsing through an old photo album with you (or listen to you reminise through special memories as you go through pictures if she's not up to looking at them too)? I do not know how alert Sheila is, but from my old nursing days I remember non-responsive patients "waking up" later to say they heard exact conversations even when they could not speak themselves at the time. Body positioning and regularly assisting people change positions can make a world of difference in their comfort. Not everybody, but some people really enjoy beautiful music or stroking a pet or something soft when they are very ill when offered these choices. We have some precious memories saved by form of an audio tape we made of my husband's grandpa sharing some memories. Sometimes a video or a photo of friends and relatives gathered around their loved one is a lovely keepsake, sometimes not.

Remember that one of the things you can do for your Mom is to take good care of YOU, too through this very difficult time--don't forget to eat and hydrate yourself well, take short walks/breaks in, and make time for the sleep you need to function well.

We care about your Mom and you and your dear family.

Lovingly,

Paula

KristinSchwick 10-21-2012 04:57 AM

I too think of Shelia often and pray she is comfortable.

Jen 10-21-2012 08:34 AM

This was the status Sheila posted on her Facebook. So I thought I would share it on here.

I know some some of you have been wondering why I have all but disappeared from FB lately. After two stays in the hospital and no more viable chemo options, I have entered into a new phase of my journey called H*O*S*P*I*C*E. I have been blessed with an amazing nurse and loving, caring friends and family to be at my side (what a blessing it is to have my 88 year old dad taking care of me).
Hospice feels like a door, swinging in the wind. It allows me freedom and comfort at the same time.
Although I don't have the strength to post every witty reply that comes to mind as I read yours posts, rest assured that I am reading and keeping up on all of you! Hint to k.alyn, GiGi's, Tri-City, Bella Gia, etc....Although I am not out and about, hospice and on line shopping go hand in hand!
Please keep me in your prayers. You are forever in mine. Love, Sheila

Mary Jo 10-21-2012 09:45 AM

Thanks Jen. Just read this on Facebook and posted on your mom's page. Although I know such incredible joy and peace await her, my heart is sad.

Prayers and love for you all.

Mary Jo

DanaRT 10-21-2012 10:12 AM

LOVE you, Sheila. So glad I was able to meet you in person a couple of years ago. You are in my heart and thoughts a lot these days. You are a dear friend, so much love to give. Sending hugs....

Pam P 10-21-2012 01:44 PM

Jen, Please tell Sheila how much she means to me (and to us all). She has always been a #1 cheerleader and positive force for me in this cancer journey. Thoughts and prayers are with her. Pam

lkc Gumby 10-21-2012 03:38 PM

Dear Sheila,
You are in my prayers that this time is peaceful for you. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Mtngrl 10-21-2012 07:22 PM

Dear Sheila,

I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I love you and I'll never forget you.

chrisy 10-21-2012 08:11 PM

Sheila,
Going for the worlds record of how many media I can say this to you: I love you sister.
Chris