HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   TriciaK checking in! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45034)

TriciaK 05-05-2010 01:40 PM

TriciaK checking in!

It's been awhile since I posted but do browse every week or so, and think of you all with love and prayers. I did just have my 6-months PET/CT, which once again shows NED! It's been 6 years now since I was diagnosed her2, and over 25 since my first BC diagnosis. My ca27.29 markers have been rising steadily for almost a year and are up to 225 now but my onc can't seem to pinpoint why. We do check them monthly now. My general health has not been good, but am still feisty (and counting) at age 80. My wonderful husband, 9 children, 32 grands and 40 great grands keep life so interesting I plan to stay around awhile longer, God willing. I am writing my memoirs and have 400 typed pages , though I'm only through the 1970's and no pictures are added yet. My husband and I agree that old age and poor health are the most frustrating things we've faced, but I don't dare complain. I've gotten through BC three times, plus serious heart problems and painful arthritis, while my parents only lived to ages 47 and 56, and my only sibling died of BC at age 53 the year I was first diagnosed. Life has been challenging and hard, but I've been blessed in so many ways, and especially have been blessed to be able to help others along the way. My experiences taught me many things, but I'll pass two favorite sayings along to you: "People make plans and God just chuckles", and "This earthlife is the only school where you get the tests, and THEN you learn the lessons." I guess the reason I've lived a long time is because I'm a slow learner! Love, prayers and hugs, TriciaK

whatz 05-05-2010 02:01 PM

Re: TriciaK checking in!

Hi Tricia,
What a great post :-). I'd like a preview on those memoirs of yours. Sounds like they'll be an interesting read. God bless!

bejuce 05-05-2010 02:06 PM

Tricia,

You're truly an inspiration to us all. I feel like giving you a big hug right now. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Much love to you and your blessed family,

Marcia

Jean 05-05-2010 02:27 PM

Dear Tricia,
Your words are pearls of wisdom.
How wonderful for your family that your are keeping a journal of your memoirs - your family is so fortunate.
Your life is rich with family and that means love.

Breast cancer has been in your life a long time and it is with joy to read that you are NED and remain so. Your positive attitude and energy put those much younger to shame. May God continue to bless you and please don't stay away too long....as we miss you! You are better than a vit. pill.

Hugs,
jean

ElaineM 05-05-2010 03:02 PM

Thank you so much for posting. You are a role model for the rest of us. You give us hope. You inspire us to keep putting one foot in front of the other when things don't turn out the way we want them to turn out. You are the energizer battery that keeps on lighting the way for everyone else. I think part of your success is from your philosophy and enjoyment of life.
Keep on doing what you have been doing. It is working.
Hugs to you !!!!!!!!

tricia keegan 05-05-2010 04:17 PM

Well, from one Triciak to another you amaze and astound me!!

You also inspire me and I 'm so glad to share your good news today:)

Mnay congrats Tricia and here's to many more for you you!!! xxxx

caya 05-05-2010 04:55 PM

Hi TriciaK

A truly amazing post from a truly amazing woman!!
Glad you are still NED, you certainly need to stay healthy with 40 great grandkids!!

all the best
caya

Barbara H. 05-05-2010 06:50 PM

Hi Tricia,
Thank you for posting. You totally inspire me and have given me such hope over the years. It's not about just the will to survive, but the strength to handle life's challenges.
Wishing you all the best!
Barbara H.

Joan M 05-05-2010 08:03 PM

Tricia,

Bless you.

Thank you for your wonderful post!

Joan

Paty 05-05-2010 09:00 PM

Tricia,

Great to hear from you. Thank you for this great inspiring post. Best wishes.

Paty

schoolteacher 05-06-2010 12:51 PM

Tricia,

Glad to hear from you. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Amelia

michka 05-06-2010 01:13 PM

Tricia, I love your post. Sending hugs to you also. Michka

MJo 05-06-2010 01:57 PM

I think your memoirs will be worth reading. Add me to the long list of women who find you an inspiration.

jml 05-06-2010 04:08 PM

Thank you for your beautiful, spirited post!
God bless you Tricia<3

krisvell 05-06-2010 06:12 PM

I loved your story and quotes. You have inspired me and given me great hope.
Kris...

Laurel 05-06-2010 07:22 PM

Tricia,

I'm glad you plan on sticking around! I loved your post and think your memoir sounds like a good read. Don't leave out any juicy parts! Thanks for the encouraging post.

belle 05-07-2010 12:05 PM

Dear Tricia,

You are so beautiful! Where do you take all this grace from? I guess it's just your personality. Please come here more often and share your light with us.

Love you,
belle

Cal-Gal 05-08-2010 12:38 PM

Tricia-
You are an amazing and inspirational woman!!!!
Thank you for the courage and strength you provide to this
support group.

I LOVE THIS.........
"People make plans and God just chuckles"

Have a wonderful Mothers Day!!!