HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on brain mets (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27327)

Esther 03-10-2007 04:56 PM

Update on brain mets

I had my new 3mm lesion treated via gamma knife at Cedars-Sinai on mon. the 5th of March.

The previously treated lesion in my cerebellum, had grown 4 mm in the last week! Based on that new inf and the fact that I began feeling compromised balance even just walking around, I went ahead and had the surgery to remove it on Wed the 7th. I'm home now, I was released from Cedars-Sinai at about 10 am this morning.

The best part is that the surgery was a success. The tumor was poised to make itself at home, developing tentacles to embed itself in the brain, but it had not yet happened. There was virtually no radiation necrosis due to the previous X-knife in Jan 2006, it was all cancer tissue growing.

They were able to get a clean removal of the tumor, leaving nothing behind.

So for me, apparently this was the right decision to make at this point.
I underwent full speech, occupational, and physical therapy evaluations while in the hosp, they rec some short term phy therapy, which I will do, it will be beneficial in recovering quickly, I'm sure.

Glad to be home and recovering well!

Barbara H. 03-10-2007 05:13 PM

Hi Esther,
I'm glad to hear that everything went well. I'm sure that it won't be long before you are back to doing all your normal activities. For me the Decadron was the most difficult issue to deal with.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

kat in the delta 03-10-2007 05:30 PM

kat in the delta

Hi Esther,
Glad to hear you are doing so well after all you've been through. Will you take Tykerb once it is approved ?? kat in the delta

Andi 03-10-2007 06:13 PM

Esther - glad things turned out so well for you. My you have a speedy recovery.

Lolly 03-10-2007 06:39 PM

Esther, I'm so encouraged by your progress through this difficult terrain. You rest now, and thank you thank you thank you for the update :)

<3 Lolly

Sandy H 03-10-2007 07:18 PM

Good to hear you are home and on the road to recovery. I am sure you are glad this one is behind you. Now, are you off on another trip soon? I often think of your three pugs. I still need to post pictures of mine he is so funny! Wishing you well. hugs, Sandy

tousled1 03-10-2007 07:30 PM

Esther,

Glad to hear that things went so well for you. It certainly was the right decision made at the right time. Now you can begin to plan your next trip. You are truly an inspiration.

Bev 03-10-2007 08:26 PM

Glad to hear positive news. Bev

eric 03-10-2007 09:37 PM

Atta girl Esther. Glad to hear everything went well. Eric

Annemarie 03-10-2007 09:41 PM

Best News!

You made my day! I can tell you are in good spirits and feeling well!
God Speed

sassy 03-11-2007 12:08 AM

Great news Esther. I'm sure you'll be back full steam ahead soon.
________
MEDICAL CANNABIS SEEDS

StephN 03-11-2007 12:34 AM

Dear Esther -
Great news that the "bad actor" is out of your noggin.
I am glad there was not a "false start" this time with you being wheeled a U-turn at the OR door like before. This seemed to not feel right to you and our guts are often better than some scans. Glad you are so in touch with your body as this is the time we need that talent!

Amazing that part of the tissue excised was NOT necrosis. It is most often a combination of tumor and necrosis when they actually do the path report.

That is why we keep on our scan followup schedule!

tricia keegan 03-11-2007 05:03 AM

Great news

Good news is always welcome and I wish you a quick recovery and well done on making the right choice!

My friend had surgery recently to remove a brain tumour but they could only remove 40% of it without leaving her with some brain damage because of where it was situated so I'm really glad it did work for you.
Blessings
Tricia

MichelleMoon 03-11-2007 06:38 AM

Yippee!

I was sending positive vibes your way all week! Wishing you a very quick recovery.

pattyz 03-11-2007 08:57 AM

Esther!

This is amazing news and I am SO VERY glad for you!

Here's to a speedy recovery...
with hugs,
pattyz

Jean 03-11-2007 09:35 AM

Esther,

I am so very happy for you....fast recovery wishes are being sent.

Regards,
Jean

Joy 03-11-2007 11:07 AM

happy to hear from you

And happy that the procedures went well and that they got good margins! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, though. Let's hope that your head stays empty from NOW ON!. Your attitude is so fantastic-thank you Esther! Sending you love and prayers.

Esther 03-11-2007 03:21 PM

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'm feeling better quickly, just tired of resting and recuperating, this bed thing is for the birds!!!

I know it's what my body needs right now, so I'm going with it. Staples come out next week, they want them in for 14 days.

Taking it one day at a time, so far so good.