HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Really Scared - Pet Scan Ordered (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66276)

Heathcliff4 07-03-2017 04:43 PM

Really Scared - Pet Scan Ordered

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on for a while...a sign of life moving on and being great. I was recently on a trip with my family and I noticed pain in my left hip after doing a lot of walking in the day. It's gotten better, but still is uncomfortable after 2 weeks of rest and ibuprofen. My oncologist wants to do a Pet/CT scan. She said, "We want to make sure the pain isn't radiating from anywhere else (as well as make sure it's not a met in the hip." Does anyone know what area might cause pain in the hip? Thankfully, I got on the schedule very quickly (this Wednesday). But, I'm really scared. It's been 4 years since my diagnosis of stage 2, triple positive. I was just starting to feel like I might just be ok going forward. Anyone deal w. hip pain and it NOT be anything beyond arthritis or something less scary than cancer?

Any words of encouragements would be greatly appreciated!!

ariana 07-03-2017 07:22 PM

Re: Really Scared - Pet Scan Ordered

I did a lot of walking to keep my heart healthy. I even lost weight and kept it off over the holidays. Suddenly I had problems crossing my leg or lifting my leg to get in car. Went to an orthopedic Doc. who did x rays and said I had hip brusitis or how ever you spell it. Torn microscopic tissues which he said would be weeks to get over. LUCKY ME my
heart test was in 2 weeks and had good marks UNLUCKY me 90 days later the numbers
fell BECAUSE IT TOOK WEEKS AND WEEKS to get over it. Now I have injured my foot to get in shape for Aug. test.

Heathcliff4 07-03-2017 07:28 PM

Thanks Ariana. I'm sorry that happened to you, but glad it wasn't anything worse. It's hard to get used to a body that seems to break down so much more easily and so quickly! I was diagnosed at 43 and I was so healthy/active. Then again, my husband is 49 and just had to have his knee operated on. Aging isn't easy!

ariana 07-03-2017 07:37 PM

MY THOUGHTS ONLY----It seems chemo stuff of any kind , microwaves the muscle,
making it easy to injure and tear things.So I still need to exercise but have to be careful.
I am dreading the next heart eco since I have to rest the foot.

By the way the Hip doc.I went to was tied into my health charts on the computer, and my Onc. Doc. looked at me with her eye glass sloped down and her eyes above them ASKING ME what was going on. I got the lecture from Hell about my age and chemo and taking it easy and no ct for being stupid lol.

StephN 07-03-2017 10:02 PM

Ariana - sorry for that bedside manner you had to endure!

I have had a problem with my right side pelvic area. Not AT my hip joint but closer to my waist. After several docs and tests the PT diagnosed some strained muscles - iliacus and QL which are long muscles that start up under the ribs and attach in the pelvic/hip areas. Was a long rehab to get over the pains and movement hitches.

Hope you have something similar - as a lesser of the possible "evils."

tricia keegan 07-05-2017 10:10 AM

Hoping for clear results, I had a PET/CT some years ago for suspected mets to spine but it was thankfully nothing serious (sciatica)

Heathcliff4 07-06-2017 09:57 AM

Thank you, ladies. I had my pet/ct last night and although I'm anxious, I feel somewhat that, "whatever will be will be." I really appreciate that you shared your stories. It helps me keep from going too far down the rabbit hole. I'll post results when they come in.

MaineRottweilers 07-06-2017 01:04 PM

Fingers crossed for normal aging process.

Heathcliff4 07-07-2017 01:11 PM

Pet Scan "Pretty Good" according to my oncologist. I read it and it looks very good...with results consistent with Bursitis or Tendinitis. She wants me to do a follow up MRI just to be absolutely certain. But, I'm pretty happy with these results and feel confident it's nothing serious. Thanks ladies!!!

MaineRottweilers 07-11-2017 03:12 PM

Sweet relief!