HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lost my Mom today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47482)

Sheila 11-04-2010 04:59 PM

Lost my Mom today

You may have noticed I have not been on the boards much lately, but have been spending time helping to care for my Mom who was diagnosed with liver cancer earlier this year. She has always been my hero, a 23 yr breast cancer survivor. She passed away this morning at home, very peacefully. She was 82, but we are never ready to lose our Mom! I had been with her almost nonstop the last few days. Just yesterday, she said to me, cancer is an awful thing, but it gives one time to make plans and say goodbyes if needed. I am so happy she didnt suffer, and had her children around her to care for her in the end....my Dad will be lost without her, they would have been married 64 years in a couple weeks.
My heart is heavy tonight....I talked to her everyday, and life will be different now. THank you all for all your thoughts and prayers on this journey, they were felt across the miles.

msleslie 11-04-2010 05:45 PM

Re: Lost my Mom today

Praying that God provide you & your family with strength, comfort, and peace during this time. May your heart be filled with only wonderful memories of the joyous times you have shared with you Mom.

caya 11-04-2010 06:00 PM

So sorry about your dear Mom, Sheila.

May you and your family know no more sorrow.

all the best
caya

adelay 11-04-2010 06:03 PM

My thought and prayers are with you and your family. God bless each of you.

whatz 11-04-2010 06:06 PM

Sheila,
No, we're never ready to loose our moms. Thoughts and prayers to you and 2Thess 4:17
...We who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds.

Kim in DC 11-04-2010 06:30 PM

Sorry for your loss .

Kim

StephN 11-04-2010 07:11 PM

Oh, Sheila -
So very sorry. I thought maybe you were on a vigil. This is always a hard time of the year for me as well, since tomorrow will mark 3 years since my Dad passed on.

Nothing takes the place of our parents. You still have one, and I know you and your siblings will be there for him.

She is at peace.

Becky 11-04-2010 07:15 PM

Dear Sheila

I am so sorry for your loss. We are never ready to lose anyone close to us but mother is especially dear.

You, your father and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

tricia keegan 11-04-2010 07:16 PM

Oh Sheila, I'm so very sorry, I lost my Mum only six weeks ago and we were very close also so I'm having a hard time getting used to life without her:(

You're right, we're never ready, my Mum was 83 and very healthy and independant so it was very unexpected, it was a nice way for her to go but so hard for us:(

My thoughts are with you and I can relate to how you're feeling right now.
((((hugs))))

Patty F 11-04-2010 07:37 PM

Sheila I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Jeanette 11-04-2010 08:11 PM

So sorry for your loss Sheila, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, jeanette

DeenaH 11-04-2010 08:25 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Sheila. I agree, we are never ready to lose our mom. Lots of prayers to you and your family. Deena

Kavy 11-04-2010 08:32 PM

Sheila and Tricia,
I am very sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose a loved one, but losing a mom is much harder, specially when you are close. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your families. God bless you.
A big hug,
Karla V.

Henny 11-04-2010 08:44 PM

My heart is heavy for you. May your mother's memory be a blessing

Henny

ElaineM 11-04-2010 09:20 PM

I am sorry Sheila. My sympathies to you and your family.
I know we never want our parents to leave us. They took care of us since we were born.
I lost my father when I was quite young. He was a cool person. I wish I had gotten to know him as an adult.
I lost my Mother when I was an adult. We were close.
I still miss her, but somehow I know my mother and perhaps my father have been watching over me during my cancer journey.
Your mother will live in your heart forever. She may not be with you physically, but she will never leave your heart and mind. Perhaps she will watch over you from someplace else. Take care. Hugs to you and your family.

sassy 11-04-2010 09:20 PM

Sheila,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

chrisy 11-04-2010 09:28 PM

Oh Sheila I'm so sorry for your loss. I still miss my parents even though it has been many years. Seems like yesterday; and sometimes I feel them right there beside me, as I know they are.

My heart goes out to you my dear friend

Love chris

bejuce 11-04-2010 10:04 PM

So sorry for your loss. Sending you prayers, love, and strength to carry on,

Marcia

Trish 11-04-2010 10:50 PM

So sorry to hear about your mum.
Trish

Chelee 11-05-2010 02:07 AM

Shelia,
I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Mother. For me there was no greater loss then when my Mother passed away 3 yrs ago to advanced lung cancer. My heart really goes out to you at such a difficult time. Even when it's expected it doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye. In time may all the good memories that you carry in your heart of her get you through this. My deepest sympathies to you.

I will be keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee