HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   If you have hosted TIPTOE ... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32067)

StephN 01-07-2008 10:46 PM

If you have hosted TIPTOE ...

Can you please give the actual dates she was with you, so we can get the schedule back on track?

Once there is some response I can get a list going that will be realistic from here into the near future, since Brenda is off and running right now.

We may not be giving enough "travel" time it takes between "stops."

Sheila 01-08-2008 07:31 AM

Steph
TipToe and Tex arrived late 1/3/08 at my house. I plan on taking them to my treatment Thursday, then mailing off by Saturday to the next on the list, or whoever wants them next. I was scheduled to get them 12/16/07 in San Antonio, but Brenda hadn't gotten them yet, so as you can see we are off schedule about 2 1/2 weeks. I think you need to allow about 10 days minimum per stay, with shipping and keeping up the log etc.

PinkGirl 01-08-2008 09:11 AM

Hi StephN
A week definitely isn't long enough. I had her for a long time but she was just getting organized. I think 10 days or even 2 weeks per visit would be a good idea. Attachment 247

Sheila, can you give Steph the dates of her various visits - from her passport?

Sheila 01-08-2008 10:20 AM

Pink Girl
You Brenda and I are the only ones that signed the passport...I will look and see if the dates are in the book.

Sheila 01-08-2008 11:10 AM

Pink Girl - 9/24/07 - 9/29/07
Andi 10/9/07 - ???
Believe Marie & Ed ??? - ???
Becky 10/30/07 - 11/5/07
FauxGypsy 11/7/07 - ???
Kate 11/17/07 - ???
Riniana ??? - 12/14/07
Brenda 12/16/07 - 01/02/08
Sheila 01/03/08 -

NEXT????????

chrisy 01-10-2008 11:38 AM

Can I get on the list? I could use some of tip and tex's good vibrations.

StephN 01-10-2008 01:18 PM

Still Here - next for Tiptoe??

Karen (Still Here) was next on the list. Speak up Karen if you want her sent from Sheila.

I was next after that, but maybe Chris can have them and I can get them after Jan. 28th, when I am back from short trip. And we can start through the list again - just with different dates. OK with everyone??

P.S. I can take them to a small group wine tasting on Feb 7, and teach them how to appreciate wine responsibly! GOOD wines.

PinkGirl 01-10-2008 02:11 PM

Hi StephN

Thanks for doing this. I'm just wondering if you
noticed that Barb in Christmas, Michigan didn't
end up getting Tiptoe...so she has to be put
back on the list.

I think they'd probably enjoy wine tasting.

StephN 01-10-2008 03:27 PM

Pink Girl -
As usual you are on top of things.

Maybe Barb can be next if Karen is passing, since Barb is not that far from Sheila. Or Barb after karen.

Karen brought a cute pink bear to Miraval since we did not have Tiptoe. Little bear joined us for lunch on the terrace.

LAURIE 01-10-2008 05:11 PM

I would like to be added. I am having an end of treatment party the 3rd weekend in Feb. (overnight at the Mountianeer in WV) I would love to have them then.

Sheila 01-10-2008 06:04 PM

I am wondering if maybe unusual circumstances and or celebrations come up, if we can move the schedule...sounds like Chrisy could really use these 2 right now, then the could come back to the midwest after Oregon and Wyoming...just a thought....

LAURIE 01-11-2008 07:53 AM

I agree. They can back to the midwest soon.

PinkGirl 01-11-2008 09:13 AM

Hi StephN

I like Sheila's idea of sending Tip & Tex where
they are most needed. Sending them to Chrisy
next would be nice.

I think Flori also asked to be put on the list.

tousled1 01-11-2008 04:53 PM

I think that you have to allow at least two weeks for a visit. I know when I had Tip I ended up sending her FedEx to the next person on the list so that she would get there in time. She is just so adorable that you don't want to let her go. If a person has her for 2 weeks then you would also have to add shipping time to that -- and with the postal service you never know how long that may take. I'm sure by now that she has outgrown her luggage box.

fauxgypsy 01-26-2008 09:10 AM

I think she lest my house on her merry way on October 13th. I guess I am a little backward, I didn't even think to sign and date her passport. I did feel that a week wasn't quite long enough.
Leslie

tousled1 01-26-2008 09:21 AM

StephN,

I had TipToe arrived in GA 11/16 and then she was shipped to Rina on 11/23. Hope this helps to keep the schedule straight. The shipping time seems to be longer at the Holiday season.

Andrea Barnett Budin 01-26-2008 10:37 AM

I Have Hosted Tiptoe... #1 On The List After The Pink One

Hi Steph,

FOR THE RECORD -- Tiptoe was here in Boca from 10/9 - 10/16, at which time I sent her to Marie. I sent Tip PRIORITY MAIL, of course, w/a tracking # -- I was so worried about her traveling midst all the mail from Fla to R. I. She was received by Believe in East Warwick 10/18.

I wanted to check my old posts in this special category THINGS TO THINK ABOUT OTHER THAN BC -- but I cannot locate any posts or pics prior to 10/16ish!! Am I doing something wrong? Or have they been deleted? ANYONE KNOW? I thought it was all recorded for posterity. We have over 3,000 hits. This was a really popular thread -- full of humor and joy and much inspiration and comradery. I'm just saying...

Thanks so much for acting as Tipsy & Tex's travel agent, Steph. They need one! And a wardrobe assistant, apparently. Yikes. I gave Tippy a pink bc bracelet which she wore as a necklace, with a HOPE charm dangling from it. I put in a SUNDISK USB thingy along w/her belongings that came to me from Pinkie -- blue stud earrings, pink hair extension, the Journal and the passport and some teeny-sized miscellaneous items (ie about 8 peanuts, sample sunscreen etc.). The USB is for when the Journal is filled, for pp/hosts to keep the details of our critters' adventures, including pics of course...

I forgot to pack the pink pen the Pink One provided. I am looking at it as I type. I have not used it. http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/11 Maybe I had it out to sign the passport -- which I did not do! I think. Truthfully, I wasn't aware I was supposed to touch the passport Pink made, other than to repack it when Tipsy was ready to go. It looked so official. I didn't want to make her become an illegal alien.... lol COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SIGN THE PASSPORT FOR ME? I guess I messed up.

If Tip could write I know she'd send thank you notes to all her wonderful hosts for their generosity of Spirit and their lovely gifts. I know she feels the love. And she returns same to each of us tenfold, along w/heaps of healing energy! And hugs!!
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

PinkGirl 01-26-2008 11:00 AM

missing Tiptoe

Hi Andi
I found the thread you are referring to - the one
with the 3000+ hits. It is still in the Her2Support
section. When Joe started the new board, he
didn't move that post over. She's still there with
all of her photos...... If you enter "Tiptoe" into the
search all threads, it will show up on page 2.

Becky 01-27-2008 09:02 AM

She arrived at my house on October 29 and I sent her off to Faux on November 5.