HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2 pieces of sad news in one day (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56381)

Paula O 10-24-2012 04:49 AM

2 pieces of sad news in one day

I saw this and I feel so sad:

"To all the many people whose lives were touched by Princetta Scott. I want you to know that she is now in a coma, it is close to the end. The light that has been shining with her desire to advocate for people with cancer, will be shut down soon. It is difficult to say anything that could truly reflect how amazing she has been. We traveled together to Lisbon to present a poster, we've been to San Antonio, Washington, DC and more places. (visit our Annie Appleseed Project page in the near future to see the photos and tributes from her many friends and admirers."

http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/conan.html (I don't see a "Project Page" though)

Princess is also a Her2 positive warrior and we spent a lot of time together and did a whole lot of laughing and sharing on our "Casting For Recovery" weekend this year. She is a wonderful person, a fighter, a kindred spirit--we had so much in common, and I am going to miss her. She introduced me to Project Lead and breast cancer advocacy. Maybe some of you guys in breast cancer advocacy circles know her too.

We also got this email from a friend who has now lost 2 wives to cancer:

Dearest Praying Friends;
Early this morning Judith leaped into the arms of Jesus in full victory over death. Heaven rejoices while we mix our rejoicing for her with our own pain of loss.
Time seems to have stood still for us these last 3 weeks as we watched her body and spirit battle for death. Judith’s sister, Marsha, has been a main-stay in caring for her here at home and a huge blessing for me. Kathy, our daughter has been here as well giving unconditional love care to both Judith and me. My immediate family, along with the loving support from our church, have kept my love tank nearly full during these difficult days. The growing hole in my soul can only be filled by the Lord Himself…the God of all comfort.
During difficult days, recently, as we fought our enemy death, I turned to portions of Psalms 18. The victory part seemed so far away and I could only hold to it by faith alone. Now it is all true in reality! “As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proved; He is a shield to all those who trust in Him. For Who is God, save the Lord? Or Who is a rock, save our God? It is God Who girds me with strength, and makes my way perfect.” (vs.30-32)
The hurt of the coming days can only be softened by trust and time. Jesus is my only direct connection with my darling now. So, as we both worship Him from different vantage points our love connection lives on. Thanks for your support and prayers."
------------
Paula

Jackie07 10-24-2012 04:53 AM

Re: 2 pieces of sad news in one day

Indeed some sad news in just one day...

Pray 10-24-2012 06:32 AM

May perpetual light shine upon them and they rest in peace. Amen

tricia keegan 10-24-2012 01:17 PM

So very sad to read this and may they both fly with the Angels and RIP xx

KsGal 10-24-2012 10:06 PM

Im so sorry to read this...((hugs)) They both sound like absolutely wonderful women, and many prayers go out to their family and friends who will miss them so.

Paula O 10-25-2012 03:51 AM

Thank you for your kind words.

Paula

evergreen 10-25-2012 08:41 PM

So sorry to hear this... I lost a friend to triple negative last year...it is never easy, and please accept my sympathy....

Soccermom 10-26-2012 08:07 AM

My sincere condolences to all who knew and loved these two warriors.

Sending strength and love,
Marcia

Paula O 10-26-2012 10:16 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...92604040_n.jpg

Breast Cancer Patient Advocate and courageous Her2 Warrior Princetta Scott

My friend and Casting For Recovery weekend fly fishin' buddy Princess died today. She was 52 years old. She is with her beloved Savior face to face forever now--free and full of joy, no more tears, no more pain, and a brand new perfect body that no longer has even a smidgeon of Her2 positive breast cancer remaining.

I cried a bucket of tears tonite and am missing her but am glad she will suffer no more and I'll see her again in Heaven one fine day.

Paula

Joanne S 10-27-2012 08:01 AM

My heart goes out for you for your loses. Hugs, Jo