HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Metronomic Cytoxan+Methotrexate & q3wk Herceptin (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52819)

jml 01-09-2012 09:29 AM

Metronomic Cytoxan+Methotrexate & q3wk Herceptin

Anyone know or have any experience with this combo?
I'll be starting on it this week and would like to know what to expect.
Thanks much~

Jessica
Dx-5/17/02 - 33 yo; Stage IV
L IDC w/single liver met
1) Herceptin + Navelbine x 8 weeks - No response; progress to innumerable,immeasureable liver mets
2) ISIS 2504 + Herceptin - 6 mos, partial response
3) Taxol + Herceptin x 13 weeks to NED!
NED for 1 year
9/04 - Single liver lesion recurrence
Taxol + Herceptin - on/off to beat back lesion
12/05 - R Hepatectomy; Liver NED until 2009
3/06- Local recurrence - Left breast, IDC & DCIS, but holding treatment while continue to heal from Hepatectomy.
12/06 - L mastectomy + reconstruction through 8/07
10/07 - Recurrence - supraclav nodes
4) Gemzar + Herceptin - on/off controlling nodes thru
9/08 - 7wks Rads to supraclav nodes
10/08 - Acute Renal Failure - nodes in belly stricturing kidneys. placed permanent ureteral stents
Back on Gemzar + Herceptin, but no longer responding.
5) 05/09 - Tykerb + Xeloda - partial response x 5 mos
6) 10/09 - Xeloda + Herceptin - no response, disease progresses
7) 2/10- Ixempra + Herceptin - partial response x 12 wks.
Discovered single brain lesion x 4mm & liver lesions growing while screening for TDM1 + PI3Kinase study.
6/10 - Novalis to treat brain met - SUCCESSFUL!
8) 6/10 - Chemo-embo w/Adriamyacin to de-bulk liver lesion.
9) 8/10 - Screened & Started TDM1 EAP
Immediate response, disease in belly responds dramatically.
2/11- questionable progression of lung nodules
Discontinue TDM1
10) 3/11 - PI3Kinase + Herceptin - intial good response in 1st 6 weeks but LFT's elevated.
7/11-Discontinue PI3Kinase + Herceptin study;
Disease progression - 2 small lesions in colon – docs have never seen this before in BC
11) 8/11 –Start new combo Halaven+Herceptin
10/14/11 -Completed 3 cycles (9 wks)Halaven+Herceptin...
10/18/11 - Scanxiety time -1st scans since starting this regimen
Good interval response, continue on H+H!
10/25/11 – new 2mm questionable spot in brain? Due to Novalis or new disease?
Re-scan in 8 weeks.
1/3/12- Disease progression; 50%increase size & SUV-R lung, middle lobe 6cm lesion.
R supraclav node multiple, miscellaneous nodes in belly. Colon lesions fired up.
12)Herceptin+ metronomic Cytoxan + Methotrexate.
…on a hope & a prayer. Only chemo I haven’t been on is Taxotere.
Hurry up Pertuzumab & TDM1!
Follow Up Brain Scan on 1/18/12…pleasepleaseplease be okay. I can’t take much more.

chrisy 01-09-2012 09:57 AM

Re: Metronomic Cytoxan+Methotrexate & q3wk Herceptin

Jessica,

Been waiting to hear how your scans looked - so sorry this wasn't the information you were hoping for! Keeping my fingers crossed that your head will be totally clear.

But wow, you're getting up and running fast on your new option! I think Sheila had at least one of those as metronomic chemo, maybe both. I'm sure she will chime in.

Hang in there my friend - we need you around for a long long time:)
Chris

Sheila 01-09-2012 10:04 AM

Jessica
I just posted on your other post...I was on the exact combo, found it very easy to take...much of a relief after some of my "potions"...I had no hair loss and felt pretty energetic...seemed it gave my counts a chance to recover. Hoping it will get you to NED or at least stable until Pertuzamab or another magic combo comes....I also had the Herceptin q3weeks with it.....it was truly like a vacation!

Rich66 01-10-2012 07:47 PM

AN interesting bit on metronomic chemo is that they are seeing suggestions that using a drug metronomically doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to get benefit later in a standard dosing. It's like getting two wacks with one bat..or something;)

KsGal 01-11-2012 02:53 AM

I am not even familiary with the term metronomic, but I am new to all this. I just wanted you to know i am so praying for you, and that this is both tolerable and effective. Your tag line with all the treatments you have been through scares me to death, but I can imagine what a very strong person you must be to have gone through all that. Stay strong...Even people you have never met are thinking about you right now and sending you lots of prayers.

fullofbeans 01-16-2012 06:22 PM

Jessica,

just hoping that it works for you. Looking at your signatures I can see how much you went through and I am ashamed that I find my rough journey too much, how do you find the strengh is amazing and you are also an inspiration to me.. AT least metronomic doses should be much gentler on your gastro issues you had a while ago. I wish you the best.

anna4969 01-17-2012 07:19 PM

JML

I will be saying a prayer for your brain scan tomorrow that it will be all clear.

Keeping the Faith always.

jml 01-18-2012 07:00 PM

Thank you for your prayers & well wishes.
Wish I had good news in return...:(

anna4969 01-18-2012 08:26 PM

JML

I thought about you much today. I am saddened with your frown icon and am thinking that the stress has you sad, as I know scans are almost traumatizing before, during and after. I am praying for healthy news. :)