HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Clinical Trials (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   anyone on this ?-New Peptide-Based Vaccine Trial opened with the Tumor Vaccine Group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38312)

donalddonald 04-26-2009 07:36 AM

Thanks Joe!
by the way, could you tell me how to add those medical history information under the post?

donalddonald 04-27-2009 12:44 AM

Thanks again! Joe!
Let me try !

CourtneyL 09-21-2009 11:48 AM

Re: anyone on this ?-New Peptide-Based Vaccine Trial opened with the Tumor Vaccine Gr

I am currently investigating joining this trial as well. Anyone else here in the trial? I'd be interested in reading about your experience. Amelia - how is it going? Anyone else? Thanks in advance for any useful information you can provide.

schoolteacher 09-21-2009 12:33 PM

Re: anyone on this ?-New Peptide-Based Vaccine Trial opened with the Tumor Vaccine Gr

I finished the vaccine in June. So far, so good. I miss going to Seattle once a month.

Amelia

margiermc 10-26-2009 07:15 AM

Hi, I fly to Seattle, from Tampa, FL - My last vaccine is in
November - Dr. Salazar is great. If this vaccine is not for
you, there are others, call interview them, I travel along way but, it fits for me.

I do get flight and hotel assistance.
Anyone that is on vaccination from Seattle, interested in talking with you private mess.

margiermc 10-26-2009 07:19 AM

Re: anyone on this ? - New Peptide - Based Vacine Trial opened with the Tumor Vaccine

I go there once a month, the American Cancer Society can help with lodging.

margiermc 10-26-2009 10:21 AM

I'm on it - last one is in Nov. for me - I travel from tampa, to seattle once a month. Ive been posting im on this vaccine - would like to hear from some people.
So far - I'm doing great.

8/08 DCIS
9/08 lump, clear lymph node
10/08 - liver met., chemo ts, carb herc
1/09 - ned
6/09 - vaccine
11/09 - last vaccine

1/09 to present ned
normal bloodwork/scans

margiermc 10-28-2009 06:48 PM

They are having an open house - November 5, 5-9
in Seattle - the application, contact information is
at my website www.caringbridge.org/visit/margierose
I have about 2 links to the vaccine in Seattle with
Dr. Salazar.

Sandra in GA 12-03-2009 07:46 PM

Do you know if they are still recruiting patients for this trial?
Thanks,
Sandra

schoolteacher 12-04-2009 11:59 AM

Sandra,

I am pretty sure they are still recruiting for the vaccine trial at the University of Washington.

Amelia

Sandra in GA 12-04-2009 02:41 PM

Thank you, Amelia.
Sandra

CourtneyL 03-22-2010 01:43 PM

I am once again considering joining this trial. For those of you who have blazed the trail, any thoughts? How are you doing post-vaccine? Would you make the same decision to do the trial today? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you so much!

schoolteacher 03-22-2010 01:59 PM

Courtney,

The people at the Tumor Vaccine Group at the University of Washington are a really great group to work with. I just did a blood draw on the 12th of this month. I have not gotten any results because my blood has not been analyzed yet. I don't know how many more people are needed to complete the trial.

Amelia

CourtneyL 04-26-2010 01:58 PM

I was accepted into this trial and am heading to Seattle on Monday, May 3rd for my first vaccine treatment! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

schoolteacher 04-26-2010 02:19 PM

Courtney,

I will be thinking about you on Monday. Please tell the staff I said, "Hello." They are a wonderful group of people.

Let me know how things go.

Thanks for participating.

Hope we are getting close to have the number of people needed to get the paper written.

Amelia

Amquillin 05-03-2010 05:02 PM

Hi, I finished the UW vaccine phase 3 last
May with follow-ups at my local onc every
3 months. I didn't have any problems
but I would recommend you clearly know
what amount the vaccines are for your
treatment at each time. They follow you
through you local onc for 1 year and 8
months from start. Being away from
my family and the flight cost was a strain
but virgin America is least expensive and
you can ask ACS for no cost hotels. The
trial is now in the next phase which says
it did the job and now they are going through
randomize. Very professional team and
I am happy I did it.

hank907@bellsouth.net 06-23-2010 03:56 PM

I am new to this message board, but I did all 7 visits to U of Washington , and finished this time last year. I am so glad that I did. I have been in remission since Dec. 24 a year and a half ago , and latest CT scan shows NED . If you qualify for the study ( via Contact with Nicole Bates ) , I would recommend it . Lynn