HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Biggest Loser (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33328)

juanita 04-01-2008 05:51 PM

Biggest Loser

Do any of y'all watch the Biggest Loser? If so could you have gone up to the top of that bridge like they did or is that just nuts? I'm sure Bill could have cuz he's got an adventurous side, but how many of the rest of y'all could?

madubois63 04-02-2008 05:13 AM

I watch the Biggest Loser every once in a while. I didn't see the bridge part, but as long as I didn't have to jump, walking across a bridge is a very cool thing! For the first time last year, I walked across a bridge crossing over the Hudson River. I've driven over a thousand bridges, but never just walked across one. I stood in the middle and just found it so amazing!! Did they jump?? I have a fear of water, just the kind where you can't see what's swimming under you, so jumping over water would freak me out. I love to fly in small planes, and even jumped from the first plane I ever flew in (with a parachute). I would so jump again, but not bundgy jump!!!!

juanita 04-02-2008 06:07 PM

They were on the very top of a bridge in Sydney, Australia. And I mean way up on the top! No way! I could handle driving over it, with my eyes closed, but not on the top.

StephN 04-02-2008 06:39 PM

Hi Juanita -
And don't let Bill call you Bonita! That is a kind of fish - sort of like a tuna. How would he like to be called a big tuna!?

Anyways - I did not see that show, but have driven over that bridge on three or 4 occasions when I was visiting Sydney many years ago. It IS a cool bridge. It's real name is the Sydney Harbor Bridge but it is fondly referred to as the "Coat Hanger" since that is what it look like. And, NO, I don't think I could go to the to top of the "hanger."

Walking across a bridge can be great. The one I liked best was the Brooklyn Bridge. Where you walk there is no motor traffic, so you feel safer.

juanita 04-02-2008 06:52 PM

I don't think I could handle walking across. I have a hard time walking across a bridge that's only about 20 feet over the water. I'll deal with Bill, maybe come up with a name for him.

harrie 04-02-2008 11:11 PM

But doesn't Bonita also mean beautiful? Jaunita IS beautiful and I betchu that is why Wild Bill called her Bonita....

Kathy S in Tokyo 04-03-2008 04:57 AM

Bonito is the tuna-like fish from which most of the non-seaweed based broths used in Japanese cooking are based. The fresh stuff tasted really good seared and served on a bed of thinly sliced onions, topped with grated ginger and a little soy sauce. It's also sold dried and shaved into flakes that taste good as a tofu topping. The National Cancer Center in Tokyo is across the street from Japan's major fish market and I can smell bonito when get off the train on treatment Tuesdays...not a bad aroma, but not necessarily welcome after chemo when most things seem to smell stronger than usual...

juanita 04-03-2008 11:51 AM

I know it means beautiful, I'm going with that one. And I've been called a lot worse, believe me.

Bill 04-03-2008 05:18 PM

Thanks, Harriecanarie! That's right. And I don't need to be dealt with, Juanita, I'll settle down (don't want no trouble with Steph)

juanita 04-03-2008 06:03 PM

Anyone please feel free to call me anything you want, as long as it's not gonna make Joe mad at you.